It's the Super Bowl and I don't care about sports but it's a good excuse for a Legion of Super Heroes thread right?

it's the Super Bowl and I don't care about sports but it's a good excuse for a Legion of Super Heroes thread right?

Whatever, I'm always up for a Legion thread.

Here's what we know so far.
>Saturn Girl is biding her time Arkham waiting for Superman
>Emerald Empress is in the 21st century looking for Saturn Girl, and wants to form a new Fatal Five
>this will apparently pick up in the next Supergirl issue

Super Bowl? Legion fans are D&Ders.

It looks like it's starting in Batgirl Annual at the end of March

>have to read both Supergirl and Batgirl
I see what you're doing, DC. You ain't slick, you dirty bastards.

Who is best girl, and why is it Imra?

>that time the Mane 6 had a Super Bowl spot in 2015

That felt good, also literally the last time I gave a crap about football

Also, what does the Legion of Super Heroes have to do with the Super Bowl? I'm not much of a DC knower

Real LSH fans organize their own moopsball leagues.

So are the Legion condemned to crossovers or are we getting our own book eventually?

It seems silly to feature (hints about) them in like half of everything if DC weren't aiming for something larger than an event or a crossover.

Nura tho

SOON

Nah, we're getting a new book. Rebirth has been building the Legion up, and Johns himself is a Legion fan.

Imra>Mysa>Nura

Why hasn't DC greenlit a Legion of Super-Heroes VN yet?

A visual novel. About the Legion of Superheroes.

... I don't know how to feel about that idea.

Do you have much experience with VNs?

No, but I get the basic idea.

It would be a good idea. Large cast, multiple PoVs, sprawling ridiculous space- and/or time- and/or dimension-travel plot, ludicrous number of romance options.

They should get on it. You might actually be able to sell a LoSH comic after it, even.

>Mysa>Nura

"no"

I love both Nal sisters, but if I had to pick one, it'd be Mysa.

But that's correct.

You are now imagining Clark trying to teach his future friends how to play football, a sport that died out three centuries ago after the Michael Jon Carter sports betting scandal.

Because Jenni usually lives outside of the universe.

Or Clark trying to teach them to play cards, which happens exactly once because between the telepath, the spy, the illusionist and the morally deficient smart guy there's not a whole lot of fair play to be had.

I could've sworn that actually happened once.

Or maybe I'm thinking of the cartoon where Clark introduces the Legionnaires to cheeseburgers.

>the spy
Uh, could you be more specific? Cause that label can apply to like 5-6 Legionnaires.

Lyle is the only one who's actually been employed as a spy, as far as I know. Not that it matters that much

On a side note, are they going to refer to the fact that Wildfire/Dawnstar/Tyroc/Timber Wolf/Gates/Chameleon Girl are still stuck in the 20th Century with whatever is planned for the Legion?

Or did they ever resolve that dangling plotline?

On a side note; anyone fearing that they will use the god-awful end of the Levitz run (the last Legion) book to force the Affirmative Action/Title 9 versions of Sun Boy and Star Boy on us again? Especially since you know some SJW asses are probably pissed that Waid chickened out on having Black Star Boy black Dream Girl via having Dreamie get greened instead and paying the toll for burning the green coal....

It kind of seems like they will ignore the post-flashpoint LoSH books. It's probably for the better if they do

I hope they just ignore it tbqh. Legion Lost wasn't great once Nicieza left.

Someone crop that last panel. I find it hilarious for reasons I can't explain.

I hope they ignore the deaths, if that's what you mean. I didn't mind the new kids though besides the dragon girl, she was kind of a bitch.

SJW hate Dream Gir's ass for being super sexy and legit smart.

They'll either make her a fat bitch who can't get anyone to fuck her, like TMK did or they'll repeat what Levitiz did in terms of Ms Marveling her by having her get kidnapped/brainwashed by Atmos again....

Probably just ignore it, because frankly, that was going nowhere.

Not to mention, the main book had become a fucking mess as well.

Legion Lost was fun and DeFalco's a good writer/made the best of the bad shit he had to work with (NOWHERE/Harvest).

It was far far far better than Titans or Superboy was, or even the main Legion book, since Lost had a plotline and wasn't Levitz randomly doing crap to fill time and earn a token paycheck.

Also Dreamy/Brainy was a good ship. He kind of needs those bombshells who keep him off balance.

If nothing else it probably should have just been a mini from the start. Keeping them in the past isn't really that interesting long term. Maybe have them do the Booster Gold thing and do constant time adventures, if anything.

>Atmos
Never mention that piece of shit ever again.

>Sun Boy

Wait, when was Sun Boy ever not white?

So, what do guys think will actually happen once the ball starts rolling?

user, you're replying to someone who's bitching about diversity in the Legion of Superheroes. Come on now.

Other people have generally suggested a link between Manhattan and the Time Trapper and I think that would be cool. But more generally after all that I hope they keep a retroboot-y style of things but written better than what we got post-Johns. I don't know what creator gets the book though.

I don't want more retroboot but I'm pretty sure they're going with it again, though I'm really hoping that they ignore most of Levitz's shit if they do. And I will literally cry if we have to sit through another "Brainiac 5 goes mad" storyline.

I mostly just don't need to see the originals as kids again so retroboot styling satisfies that for me. But I don't want them old either, like mid 20s max.

I think upper teens too early twenties work well if the author has actually met any young people in the last decade or two. You get a slightly more mature team without actually making them feel old, and I think that's what they should be aiming for.

>if the author has actually met any young people in the last decade or two

I guess that is the main problem here. I have no idea what writer I'd want on it.

Me neither, there doesn't seem to be a lot of newer writers who would be a good fit for the team and most if not all of the old guard are just too old for it at this point

Honestly Morrison would be my pick but he is busy with Heavy Metal and doesn't want to do monthlies. But he's worked with them before and used them well. Same with Johns I guess.

King seems to be a fan but I don't trust his tone. I don't want Orlando or Williamson. I guess Abnett again wouldn't be bad, but I wouldn't be excited either.

They could probably work but Johns can be a little too old school at times, which is not what the team needs at this point.

King is L.E.G.I.O.N material through and through but I don't think he could handle the lighter parts of LoSH well, Orlando can't seem to handle that many different characters at once and I've never read any of Williamson's stuff so idk there.

People have talked about someone with the surname Parker before and judging by some stuff that was posted in those threads he might be able to do it.

Oh, and the guy who wrote the Legends of Tomorrow story they appeared in seemed to have a pretty good grasp of the characters that appeared in that story so maybe he could work.

Has there ever been a story where the entire Legion was violently killed? asking for a friend haha

>King is L.E.G.I.O.N
I used to want this a lot, but no longer really do.

You mean Keith Giffen? You may want to look up his writing credits. The Parker you mean is Jeff Parker FYI.

Oh yeah, that was the unusually good Giffen story. I forgot about that. He'd actually be pretty great if he could write like that all the time instead of rage quiting things that don't go as planned...

That's the guy, thanks

Bump.

Jeff Parker 100%

I think you want to look at the Shi'ar Imperial Guard friend. They're always dying horribly. In one of their first appearances Not!Timber Wolf was permanently transformed into a Not!Xenomorph and then killed shortly afterwards.

So hype for the Shi'ar/Asgard War