Breaking Bad

Now that the dust has settled, was this a good show?

No

thread/

>/threading your own post
>not even /threading correctly
pls

Yes, but it's inferior to Better Call Saul

How so?

Not enough feet.

Season 4 is the best thing to ever air on TV

hey remember that one episode dedicated to walt and jesse trying to kill a fly

Yes, but the fanbase seems to consist entirely of contrarian sociopaths who sincerely believe that Walt's actions were justified in any way.

At first they were, the entire point of the series is to show how Walt changes from S1 to S5.

Like every series out there, it has fair bit of slack. You can cut around 1 season worth of material out of it and make it much smoother.

If it had ended at the end of season 4, yes it's good
5 (whilst it is a lot of fun) ruins the ending of season 4

I know that, but even at the beginning it's hard to argue that he's anything other than a piece of shit if you look at it objectively. He claims he's doing it to benefit his family, fine. But he's producing one of the most dangerous drugs there is, and if he kept at it for months with Jesse, even at a low level, he would have produced enough meth to ruin a HUGE number of lives, and certainly a good number of families (Jesse even encounters a family ruined by meth in S2)

The guy is a fucking genius with a Nobel prize. Surely he could have figured out a less damaging, and frankly evil way to make money, but he didn't. Why? Because he was a bitter piece of shit who wanted to feel 'alive', and THAT'S what you're supposed to realise as the series draws to an end, that the very choice of cooking meth in the first place took away his moral high ground.

But again, the fanbase are by-and-large dipshits who hated Jesse for possessing he conscience that Walt only pretended to have about what they were doing.

Why did Hank change his name to Isaac?

HEY REMEMBER THAT ONE EPISODE DEDICATED TO WALT AND JESSE TRYING TO KILL A FLY

Fair enough.
I disliked Jesse not because he had a conscience but because he was an annoying little cunt for at least three seasons and made a lot of stupid decisions. At least Walter mostly thought things through.
In the end, it's hard to like any of the main characters in the show. Walter's family is insufferable, Jesse isn't a bad person but is really annoying and dumb and Walter getting away with everything is satisfying but he's undeniably an asshole. Even Gustavo starts off interestingly, but ends up being an overreacting sociopath.
Saul was likable, I guess.

>he was a bitter piece of shit who wanted to feel 'alive'
It was deeper than that, he came to love the business itself

The best show of all time.

It was really good, but definitely needed a season between 4 and 5. The latter half of season 5 had too much to do is so little time that all of the major plot points (Walt getting found out, Jesse turning on him, the new villains, etc) felt very forced and unnatural.

The second half of season 5 should really have been setup for Walt's downfall and the final villains, with a full season to wrap the show up. It's still really good, but the end of the show just sadly feels really contrived. Also, Lydia was best paranoiafu.

>Even Gustavo starts off interestingly, but ends up being an overreacting sociopath.
Honestly although he was an extremely evil person, it's fairly obvious he would only fuck somebody over if he had cause. He made that extremely clear to both Walt and Jesse, and they literally murdered two of his employees. Overall he was a worse person than either of them, but it's difficult to argue that they didn't bring that shit on themselves. As Mike says just before Walt kills him, if the two of them had just shut the fuck up everything would have run smoothly and Gus would have had no cause to go antagonise them. But that's a recurring theme in the show IMO; ultimately very few people are nasty enough to work in that business and sleep perfectly soundly at night, and Jesse (and to a lesser extent Walt - he does bail Jesse out again and again as you say) acting out is not so much being an idiot but him realising the horrible business he's part of and trying desperately to salvage his self-image.

kys fag

Skylar fucking sucked
>She needed to suck so we could relate with blah blah blah
She could have been done well and wasn't done well

>an extremely evil person
>a worse person than either of them
Really? How?
At least Gustavo was principled, disciplined and had some (warped) sense of ethics. Excepting his revenge against Hector, he didn't kill needlessly, he just ran his business quietly.
>very few people are nasty enough to work in that business
The only reason why Walter wasn't a perfect fit for that business was because, as you said, he still retained a shred of humanity when it came to Jesse. When Jesse fucks off and Todd replaces him, Walter's efficiency and complete lack of ethical concerns are made obvious.
I had forgotten about Mike, I'd say he's likable too. Despite being the most cold-blooded killer in the entire show he actually comes off as less evil than Walter in the end, if at all.

>Smokes while pregnant

There's no defending that stupid bitch.

Marie was actually even worse, god what an annoying cunt

/thread

Pretty good, S5 was absolutely unnecessary tho

You were never really meant to care about these characters desu, the point was that they were just your standard middle-class American house wifes. That's why all the Skylar hate is unjustified IMO, because Walt was the outlier, not her. Of course she reacted in an emotional and illogical way when confronted with the fact that her husband is a fucking druglord. She's not stone-cold herself, she's a normal person with maybe slightly above average intelligence.

The real wasted opportunity here was Walt Jr, who was far as we can see was just a normal dipshit kid without any of Walt's brains. Skylar already illustrated how alienated Walt was from his family (why would a literal genius settle for someone like that?), but Jr could have redeemed that storyline slightly by being much more like Walt. They really didn't think that shit through at all.

>Really? How?
Meth kingpin.

>why would a literal genius settle for someone like that?
Maybe he just wanted a pretty wife, or else he would've stayed with that rich bitch. Skyler must've been at least pretty cute in her youth.
>a normal dipshit kid without any of Walt's brains
His way of talking was really annoying too, why did they have to pick a guy with cereal pastry, it's not even important to the plot.

Skylar was combative every step of the way and yet she gladly took Walt's money, she gladly took part in the money laundering but still kept browbeating Walt about cooking meth. If Skylar was completely normal, and not a combative cunt then audiences would better like her. Also if they cast a woman who doesn't look like one of floops flooglies that might have helped

Not only that, Skylar's way of dealing with problems was always to start giving Walt the silent treatment and running away.

Walt always had to fight her just to talk about their problems whenever she had an issue with something. Her terrible communication with her family was one of the most annoying parts of her character.

>why did they have to pick a guy with cereal pastry
Being the massive narcissist that he was, Walt probably secretly hated Jr for that IMO. Again it was probably to illustrate how alienated Walt was from his 'real' family, and he grew to see Jesse as a surrogate son.

>Skylar was combative every step of the way and yet she gladly took Walt's money, she gladly took part in the money laundering but still kept browbeating Walt about cooking meth.
Initially she tried to divorce Walt and only gave in because of the huge amount of pressure he out under her not to disrupt Flynn/Holly's upbringing. No, Skylar is not blameless, but most of the people that her are quite clearly just butthurt misogynists.

*that hate her

How was walt a narcissist
>people who hate skyler are misogynists
u wot

You're a dipshit.

Not an argument you fat cunt.

>two of them had just shut the fuck up everything would have run smoothly and Gus would have had no cause to go antagonise them.
Gus found out walt had cancer. Since gale learned the recipe, Gus wanted to kill walt, I suppose to tie up loose ends, only need one guy to make the meth why have the extra risk? Why pay another guy? That's certainly what it seemed like although it was never directly stated by gus. So while gale didn't deserve to die no, if they had shut the fuck up Gus would've killed walt anyways. I'm tired so I mighta missed or forgotten something but that seems like the case to me.

If you can't see aspects of narcissism in Walt's character, you're clinically retarded.

Arrogance and hubris don't equate to narcissism, stop being an armchair psychiatrist

>Arrogance and hubris don't equate to narcissism
No one's claiming they do. Nice strawman dipshit, maybe you shouldn't use the 'nod an argumend' meme if you have no skill at arguing yourself.

>stop being an armchair psychiatrist
Stop pretending that you aren't a complete fucking idiot, I'd really appreciate it.

wew lad you're mad as fuck. It's not a strawman you dumb bitch it's called a statement, learn what fallacies and don't use words you don't understand.
>no skill at arguing
Coming from some whore whose best rebuttal to anything I said was "you're a dipshit" that's audacious. End your life.
I don't care what you'd appreciate lol this isn't reddit where you could virtue signal me into submission

Christ you're a fucking idiot.

of course it was a great show

Stay mad dumb whore :^)

I honestly can't remember, but IMO it would be far less risky to just wait at most a year/2 years until Walt expired than kill him and risk bringing the likes of Hank closer to his meth operation.

It's hilarious that he bothered with a stupid cunt like Gale in the first place. Walt was superior in every way, if anything Gale was be the one he should have been disposing of.

Wasn't Gale competent?

Sure but Walt had the best meth on the market by far. The only problem was his expiration date and Jesse, or else, if pressed, Gus would almost certainly have picked Walt over Gayle.

>by far
Gale was at 96% by the end

How come Jesse was such an amazing cook, almost on Walt's level, when Walt was a genius and Jesse was just an average at best high school dropout?
Observing and mimicking isn't enough

Seriously? I genuinely can't remember anymore. Don't even tiny differences in percentage make a lot of difference though? And again Walt was still technically better, if it wasn't for his previously mentioned flaws there'd be no reason to pick Gale over him. Again just waiting for him to die of cancer would have been by far the wiser move if he wanted him gone, but Jesse's shenanigans fucked everything up.

From a business perspective who do you want, guy who's got a long life or guy whose health will fail and will succumb to cancer? Then you look at Walt, he's kinda dangerous, he's done some risky shit, he's involved with Jesse, Jesse is no good. Only need one main person to cook the meth. And his customers really don't likely give a shit about the quality of the meth.
Anyways bottom line is Gus doesn't want more methmakers than he needs so if Walt was a good boy and shut the fuck up and didn't cause and trouble he still woulda been killed.

Walt's was at 99.1% so it was obviously much better but 96 is still very good compared to Declan's or whatever his name was who sold sub 60% garbage

He's implied to be much more intelligent than 'average', just a ridiculous underachiever. Remember how smart his brother was, and his parents were clearly rich as fuck.

Yeah, if you're a Nolanuevetinophyte plebtard.

96% has four times as many impurities as 99%

>I'm just smart but lazy mr white

Arguments. Where are they? You argue like a woman which you probably are with your ad hominems. Kindly off yourself, bitch

I don't know shit about chemistry. Is it a logarithmic scale?

Is Isaac Schrader supposed to come off as a douchebag? I felt nothing when he died

Nobody likes pretentious contrarians

You can be the smartest guy in the world but when you´re lazy and have no motivation, you´re just a bum. That´s what Jesse was.

I honestly think it was a contrivance to keep Jesse around as a character, because I agree it makes no fucking sense. Initially he was meant to die in S1 so he also was probably meant to be a degenerate dumbass and nothing more, but then they needed a way to make him an interesting character.

the show would have been better if the vince followed with the original plotline which had jesse and walter jr getting killed in season 1.

but then again, vince wrote that stupid machine gun even before he knew what to do with it (true story, look it up. vince is a fucking idiot)

If you're really that smart, you're not lazy with no motivation.
People who are above average but not quite brilliant often fall in that "smart but lazy" range, but truly intelligent people aren't bums.

It's a good show but it's not as good as people like to make out.

>walter jr getting killed in season 1
That would've been a huge improvement. Fuck that kid.

Series should have ended with walt, jesse and both their families getting annihilated

so people should feel dead inside?

Series should've ended with Walter getting away with literally everything.

You sure? How many of them do you know?

>truly intelligent people aren't bums.
oh you'd be surprised

*Jesse getting away with literally everything.

I've been told I'm gifted by countless people and I'm a literal failure.
On the other hand I know several actually intelligent people and they're all successful. That's just anecdotal evidence but it's what I've observed. Truly brilliant people aren't lazy fucks.

>responds to argument he isn't part of just to boost his (really, her) ego on the internet
>posts uninspired ad hominem while mocking me for using and hominems
>calls me a woman
I'm only responding to you because you seem like one of those generic alt-right shitheads who think larping as a tough guy on an imageboard initially made for anime/hentai makes people on said imageboard respect him (her). I wish I could reach through my monitor and snap your chicken neck, you smug little cunt. You aren't shit.

Claiming that there aren't AT LEAST aspects of narcissism in Walt's character is equivalent to claiming that the sky isn't blue. That's why I didn't respond seriously to that stupid cunt's post, and why I continued mocking him after he served up nothing but an even more uninspired strawman, which is exactly what it was.

And if you WERE the dumb cunt I was responding to, I've said everything I need to say to you. Now open yourself up for my dick, you blubbering vagina.

Still mad as fuck I see, you fat cunt.

Gale told Gus himself that Walt had a superior product. Gale highly recommended Gus hired Walt. Gus said he wasn't concerned about quality, he just wanted a trustworthy cook.

>thanks for the (you) I've been waiting for for almost 40 minutes, now fuck me harder daddy and I'll pretend I was just being le ebin trol :3

>I'm not the woman, you are!
Typical whore "arguing".
>aspects of narcissism
Oh so now there are aspects, but Walter's character isn't definitely narcissistic like what you claimed in your original post. Since you like spouting shit about fallacies without knowing what they actually are, this one's called moving goalposts
>strawman
Again you don't know shit you little brainlet. Strawman means misrepresenting another person's argument, which I didn't do, since I implied that what you mistook for narcissism was just hubris and arrogance. Learn to read, whore.
>muh diggg lmao
Evidently you're a woman, stop pretending.

There's other discussion going on in the thread than your abhorrent posts you self-absorbed landwhale.

Jesus fuck this is pathetic. Now you're grasping at straws. Just admit that you're a dumbass with terrible reading comprehension, holy shit.

Nice contribution, you really TROLLED me here! xD

Answering you with an actual argument isn't grasping at straws you retarded cunt. Either respond to what I said with something more thought out than "lol dipshit" or admit you're a dumb bitch and move on.

>Answering you with an actual argument
Shame you didn't do this.

Stay mad. ;)

I did, but since your IQ doesn't seem higher than room temp you might not be able to comprehend simple sentences.
>Stay mad ;)
Parroting me again, you really are a woman. Again, kill yourself

Your comebacks are getting worse and worse. You should stop now.

Still not making any point and embrarrassing yourself, whore. :^)

See? You can muster up some effort after all. And no, I don't seek friends or approval here, so that wasn't as powerful as you thought it was, but the rest was on point. I guess too much hatred towards the way women "argue" have accumulated inside of me, but enough bloggo.

Walt was a narcissist, no doubt about that. Driven by shame of fucking up earlier in life he knew he was wasting his life and deserved better. No empathy towards anyone in this pursuit and bring braggy (iamtheonewhoknoks and the way he acted towards the shwartzs or whatever their name was) It's just that you said nothing valuable and resorted only to name calling was what made me side with the other dude. That's it, so chill out, buddy

First 2 seasons were good then it goes downhill. Mostly due to the idiotic reason for keeping the jesse character alive, really shouldve had walt kill him if they really wanted to make walt into a monstor.

>the way he acted towards the shwartzs
But they were assholes, his actions towards them were justified.

ok

I've made many other contributions ITT, I couldn't be fucked dealing seriously with someone who's blatantly an idiot.

>haha I'm not being serious even though I'm obviously extremely mad
How pathetic.

>contrarian
meaningless "word"

>no one likes you
I'm not here to "be liked" you retarded mong. I saw a thread asking a question, and I answered it. Jesus, redditplebs' stupidity and lack of self-awareness is mindboggling sometimes.

Just stop.

Alright, have the last word since you're baiting for it so desperately.

>but truly intelligent people aren't bums.
just untrue. Abstract intelligence and motivation/ambition are two separate things.

You really think everyone with a 99.99999999 percentile IQ is happily plugging away at their advanced degrees/professions, and some haven't simply chosen to be lazy do nothings? Naive.

The actions were justified, of course. It's about the execution of those actions is what I'm talking about
Welp, I agree I got played into thinking I may be wrong in calling you a woman. Now I'm convinced. You may hide for one post, but estrogen seeps through every other. It's funny how you're so convinced it doesn't show by the way you argue that you're not male when it's so blatant. I'd feel pity but your arrogance is baffling

>Welp, I agree I got played into thinking I may be wrong in calling you a woman. Now I'm convinced. You may hide for one post, but estrogen seeps through every other. It's funny how you're so convinced it doesn't show by the way you argue that you're not male when it's so blatant. I'd feel pity but your arrogance is baffling
You go, girl!

it was a good show i just hated every character. except for based hank.

It was revealed when he was in rehab that he's willing to put a lot of effort into a craft if he puts his mind to it. Though he may not have understood the science behind all of it, working with Walt so often he probably picked up a lot of the issues specifically concerning meth production and what to avoid.

Hank was a dumbass for not figuring out that Walt was Heisenberg after he found that mask from the school to be desu, but otherwise I agree