Why was this so under-rated by normies?

Why was this so under-rated by normies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uVYs5Y_EqSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it? Every time I mention Halloween people assume that's the one I'm talking about.

What I've never understood was the hate on his sequel.
He shoved a lot of references to the layer haloween movies that I don't think a lot of people really noticed or else I don't think they'd hate it so much.

Because it's bad, not even as Halloween just in general. It's the weakest kind of hocksploitation where some brick house destroys people.

You've got that backwards homie.

Normie's love Zombie's Halloween, non-brainlets can see that it's trashy as fuck.

Sounds like it was too deep for you.

Rob Zombie's Halloween is terrible

Rob Zombie's Halloween II is great

Why is being "trashy" a bad thing for a slasher movie?

Brave enough to tackle Myers' background, psychology and environment. Attempts to understand what created him and the similarities to real serial killers and psychopaths.

I saw the sequel and thought it was fucking terrible.

rob zombies edgyness doesnt work with the halloween franchise.

he would have done better to remake the hills have eyes or joyride or something.

rob zombie is a stupid asshole

Rob Zombie is a fucking hack who can only make "hick murders people in the woods" movies. This is no exception. As it goes it's pretty boring, the extended Michael Meyers introduction is unnecessary and drags on far too long, the 2007 shows through hard as hell and makes the movie feel more dated than the original, and bringing back the Lori is Michael's sister plot is dumb as fuck. Solid 3/10.

this

>underrated
sorry sweetie, this is the numale vape smoker's preferred version of halloween.

shit taste. end yourself.
the first one's not great, but the second is fucking garbage.

Rob Zombie was a at constant loggerheads with the studios who wanted to make generic slasher movies.
Wait until the new, cookie-cutter one comes out and you'll appreciate the Zombie movies a lot more.

sure we will, rob

The Zombie movies are better acted than the originals - they have that going for them.

yeah, fuck, I don't know how I'm going to get by without a cut from the Classic Rock Anthems collection 5 CD playing every 3 minutes

pure plen

The only redeeming quality was Joe Grizzly /spoiler/bitch/spoiler/

>muh spoopy white dress and horse
lel, ok kid

>the 2007 shows through hard as hell and makes the movie feel more dated than the original

kek
The new one will probably be bad t b h but that doesn't make rob zombie's good

>OMG Lori, you should totally hit up Chad on AOL Instant Messenger tonight LOL!
yeah so not dated

One thing I really didn't get: were we meant to have sympathy for Michael? Why did they make it so that everyone he killed was a huge asshole anyway? Was Zombie trying to show us that we're bad because we end up kinda rooting for him?

>make Michael sympathetic
>he becomes a fucking emotionless asshole serial killer

Debatable. What isn’t, is that Carpenter is a far superior director.

retards

it's shit.

rob zombie is a hack who wouldn't have a career if he didn't have this movie to steal from

>michael in the original is just "the shape", we don't even know where he comes from, is he supernatural, why he did it etc
>in the remake michael comes from a stereotypical white trash family where the wife is a stripper, and a dad wants to fuck his slutty stepdaughter, and the movie has tons of rob zombie-esque characters that are just "trash"

it was pathetic.
and the second film is even worse. they made loomis into some kinda rock star. it was laughable. not even gonna mention the "DIE" michael shouts, which is the only time he actually said anything in the entire franchise.

as a matter of fact [I do believe] it was

The fact Michael said "die" was worse to me than how badly they fucked with loomis. The whole movie was trash, that having been said, I do like how he has been basically living in the woods like a homeless madman, big beard, etc. Looking into how he has survived since the previous movies events, is a little bit interesting. But it needs to be portrayed a lot better if it's replicated.

same here, it's sad

Purposely bad isn't "campy," it's worse than bad.

>all those terrible, nauseating, shrieking screams and cries all his women actors do in his Halloween movie
>better acted

I had to stop watching Halloween 2 sole

youtube.com/watch?v=uVYs5Y_EqSc

I honestly don't know how I got through the sequel. Laurie was shouting and screaming in every scene she was in.

>michael in the original is just "the shape"

So edgy and deep.

Unironically better than the original

go to bed rob.

Not bait
I watched it on Sunday and thought it was overrated, not bad, but not as good as you guys said it would be
Original Texas chainsaw beats it by a mile

it just felt unnecessary but it was entertaining at times
Halloween 2 however was a complete pretentious shitshow

What kind of people are you talking to? I honestly didn't even know this movie existed until like last year.

>Why is being "trashy" a bad thing for a movie?
Are you retarded?

Netflix should do a Michael Myers origin series.

It's an interesting take on the franchise seeing the creation of Michael along with seeing his relationship with Loomis (It also gave Loomis a bit more character) and it turned out to be an alright film. The second film got too crazy and weird, especially with that ending. It just left a bad taste in my mouth. Zombie can make good films (HOTC, Halloween 1 and an animated film that I can't seem to name), there's just points where he tries to make it hardcore and brutal in which it comes out as corny rather than interesting or disturbing.

The only reason i would approve of this is to make John Carpenter richer.

>le origin story
>netflix
what a horrible idea.

DEAD I AM THE ONE
EXTERMINATE THE SUN
SLIPPING THROUGH THE TREES
STRANGLING THE BREEZE

Were you living under a rock when it came out?

>i preferred the original

I knew several people in highschool who loved that movie. They were all low IQ white trash.

>le
Stopped reading

He got the audience he wanted.

I'm sure you're quite the brain surgeon.

>I preferred the remake

*tips into oblivion*

Rob Zombie in general just strikes me as overindulgent with a lot of his stuff. It's like he's trying to make good things but he just packs so much unnecessary shit in there, it's like he's directing music videos that are 2 hours long.

True. Felt like it tried to cover the elements of various Halloween movies rather than just part II, and that was interesting. It does go downhill towards the end, one could say, but it does also get shit on too much, even tho the original (Halloween 2) is better.

That said, I like his remake of the first Halloween more than the original, except a few scenes.

i dont remember , was he supernatural in these movies ? did he ever get shot ?

He gets shot at the end of both movies. He's never described as supernatural.

It's a girl that delivers the final shot in the first one - a wild, screamy, closed eye shot (grazer). Takes a few rounds from Loomis too.