Anyone else looking forward to The Lego Ninjago Movie?

Anyone else looking forward to The Lego Ninjago Movie?

I know that the show doesn't have much to delve into with the same satiric flair, but looks cool from the first pics so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Qiy71OvEEM
youtube.com/watch?v=D1PJ_OCYIN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ooh, Garmadon got pimped out

Isn't he good or is this a flash back?

So they skipping the android and time travel shit?

I'm guessing his fall will be the part of the internal reveals in the movie.

Like the other Lego movies, this is in a universe of it's own separate of the brands they are spinned from.

I preferred it when Cole was a ghost.

How did the black one stop being a ghost?

These are the only footage of the short teaser that was in front of Storks that is online

youtube.com/watch?v=2Qiy71OvEEM
youtube.com/watch?v=D1PJ_OCYIN8

They went to a dojo and set free an evil ghost who was cursed and bound to said dojo. The ghost was going to use an aligning of planets which would led to getting back his body. Long story short.
Cole helps the ghost become good and the ghost. The ghost accepted his curse but let Cole use the ritual thing to return.

This reminds me Ninjago was the only action toon with lore and shit for awhile.

I know, right. I mean, it's obvious that they wanted to cater to the "Kids who became disabled after birth" demographic, but I still think it was interesting... If not a little on the convenient side, considering that there were several times that he got splashed with liquid and it didn't kill him, like it does any other ghost in the show.

>Lego meets Wuxia (except with ninjas)
I can dig this

If Lego Batman is any good, I'll probably check this out eventually.

My niece-in-law was pretty big on Ninjago a while back, and loves Lego in general, so I assume she'll be pretty hype.

This is probably a wholly new continuity. They recasted everyone.

takes place in Lego Movie Universe

Not muh Ninjago

>Ninjago gets a theatrical release before Bionicle

Full trailer should be out this friday

>Kai looks edgy
>Nya is literally Wyldstyle
>Jay looks younger than the new Spiderman
>Zane looks mentally retarded and they're desperately trying to make it obvious he's a robot
>Cole looking like he wants to leave the group now (can't blame him)
>Lloyd surprisingly the only decent one
>Wikipedia page mentions "herdy derp but now they have to go to high school"
I have a feeling this won't be as good as Lego Batman and The Lego Movie

Why do they look like 14 year old edgelords now? The established universe is already cool and kid friendly.

Also Cole is a retard for giving up being a ghost, ghosts in that universe are OP

Is this meant to be a retelling?

If anyone cares, I saw Lego Batman today and am willing to answer any questions.

Is it actually better than recent DC movies like BatmanVSuperman?

Yeah.

How much screentime do the Gremlins get? And is it awesome?

It's a reboot taking place in the Lego Movie universe.
I haven't seen BvS so I can't say, but it was a good movie nonetheless

They get a small amount of screentime in the phantom zone and when they're destroying the batwing

>Lego Movie universe
Is that a thing? I guess Lego has always liked connecting their IPs.

This won't fuck with the show will it? I enjoy Ninjago but this looks like garbage

My girlfriend[\spoiler] is really into Ninjago, and she was hyped as fuck until she saw Jay's redesign. Now she's crying about how they ruined her husband.

tfw you feel slightly cucked by a LEGO

Holy fucking hell user

She has this in her bedroom right now. This isn't even half her collection, just what she has space to keep on display.

Sometimes I look at that sea of blue and worry.

Yes. The Lego movie, the Lego Batman movie, and this are all part of it.

And maybe Lego Dimensions.

As someone who's never seen the show but adores The Lego Movie and is excited for The Lego Batman Movie, I'd probably dig it, yeah?

Has she ever asked you to wear these "in bed"?

I showed her that pic and she laughed and then asked "would you?"

>Jay
Your girlfriend has shit taste, Cole is best ninja and my husbando

Yeah. I saw the short for it in front of Batman yesterday and it cracked me up. Visually lovely too. Just as The Lego Movie was, and LEGO Batman is.

And uh, like the other user, ask me anything about LEGO Batman.

Tell her to pose her fucking minifigs on stuff. If I can recreate the Gotham Energy Plant break in with minifigs, she can do something creative with her ninjas!

The show was shit and I stopped watching it like 3 seasons in when they started doing that dumb techno shit, when I really should've stopped on the first episode. Each season they upgrade themselves or some shit so I can't see a movie being good unless it heavily deviates from the plot and established characters.

It's a reboot nigga

Do as she says and post results kek

It really fucking sucks that Bionicle is dead again.

I get that they wanted to simplify it after how complicated G1 got, but it ended up being too simplistic.

They needed to find a middle ground.

Any lego movie characters make a cameo? I just wanna see Emmet and Wyldstyle again before 2019 goddamit

Emmet, but only in news footage of the "Abyss" below Gotham that would be revealed if the Joker bombed a fault line. The footage of Emmet is him falling when tied to the battery.

be prepared for when you eventually get replaced by a giant lego sex doll

She did a big display thing with more of her collection recently (pic related). I would pose them on the shelf as well myself, but she says she prefers them lined up like that.

She thinks Cole is worst ninja by far. You're both wrong anyway, best ninja is Dareth

We'll have to wait until another decade passes.

Ah, ok. Not surprised but wish there was more. Guess ill have to wait.

That's better.

Shame its for such a bad LEGO theme.

Maybe I should look into those full ninjago costume things

Oh, I did forget to mention that Master Building's still a thing, but those are the only major ties between the two besides Batman himself.

I was never too into Ninjago but I appreciate that Lego is trying to do stuff that isn't based on someone else's IP

Chima movie when.

>name a character nya
>don't pronounce it like nya

>they're desperately trying to make it obvious he's a robot
i don't see it, he looks like an ordinary high school student

they made them all Asian except Lloyd and Zane this time?

>Darreth
You fucking know it.

Honestly, I really like Chima, but it would need the hardest of reboots since it was such a mess despite the good ideas it had.

they could simplify the story, only give focus to some of the tribes or give all of them the same goal, i think it could work

It seems the actual Lego Movie Sequel is having trouble even getting made. Are they going to keep making the spin off ones until then?

what the fuck is ninjago

They're the masters of Spinjitzu

That's not a thing.