Does anyone else get the feeling that Doug panders to his audience with certain references he makes during his reviews...

Does anyone else get the feeling that Doug panders to his audience with certain references he makes during his reviews? Like, whenever he mentions a video game, I get the feeling he doesn't really know what he's talking about, but he knows his young audience will probably think it's funny. He also said "Wubba lubba dub dub" in his Mummy review for no real reason that I can comprehend, but he knows Rick and Morty is popular now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n1di0fbXK-M
indiegogo.com/projects/channel-awesome-s-new-shows-and-more#/
youtu.be/OPSaOgx6-6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He’s just all references and pandering.

>he doesn't really know what he's talking about
/thread

>$200,000

>he got away with it
>TWICE

How is this fucker not in jail?

Because it's not his fault his fans are enablers.

He's obviously a criminal mastermind.

youtube.com/watch?v=n1di0fbXK-M

I clicked on this knowing it would be terrible and it was somehow worse then I expected.

Yes how could he know of such obscure show like R&M

>american comedy

R&M isn't a good example, but do you really think he would give a shit about stuff like Avatar or Steven Universe if he couldn't make money off of it? I'm surprised he didn't jump on the brony train when that was a thing, but I guess even he has his limits.

I'm hearing alot of girls in the audience.

>tfw no autistc gf who loves Channel Awesome

Are you squishy?

what happened? i never heard about this

That was how much the massive bomb that was Demo Reel cost him. Not sure if he paid it all off yet as it was 5 years ago he gave up doing NC to pursue that venture. How fucked is that?

How long until the accusations start coming for him?

i never watched demo reel. i saw one episode a nd thought it was shit. i barely keep up with him now just his reviews since phelous went to shit

Any sauce on that total? I’ve seen it posted here for years and literally nobody has ever provided even a shred of evidence. It’s clearly bullshit.

>HAHAH JUST
>gets more views than reddit letter memeia

rlmcucks are so pathetic

I don't personally look into the financial histories of internet reviewers. I just go by what gets said on the internet. It obviously had to require him taking out a loan or investing some amount of money. It's not like RLM or Cinemassacre where they started out doing weddings and used that money to help fund what would be the kind of job they wanted. The guy went from basically just him filming in a room to a small production studio with paid actors. There's no way he had enough money saved up to fully bank roll Demo Reel.

He pestered his father in law until he gave in all his life savings.

why are you even watching this stuff enough to know such things.

>durrr someone on Sup Forums told me it was true so it must be true

Well that's awfully nice for him.

pandering? I bet he hates his audience

I don't have a sauce for the 200,000, but have this instead:

indiegogo.com/projects/channel-awesome-s-new-shows-and-more#/

Note that this was right after the disaster that was Demo Reel.

youtu.be/OPSaOgx6-6s

You think?

If she lost weight and bleached her teeth, she'd be cute.

Doug's improv is always stunningly bad.

But he said it so pointlessly, it was obviously pandering to his autistic fans.

Is he dead yet?

We don't really need sauce to know that internet reviewers are terrible at managing money and creating entertainment. The only exception is RLM, they're much more professional that the others.

@JesuOtaku Y'know, if things don't work out with you and @Nash076, I'd be happy to chain you to a pipe in my basement and love you. My way

nostalgia critic in two posts

Technically it's not illegal.
It's going to be hilarious when various agencies start cracking down on it, because these retards always seem to assume that the bubble they're in is never going to burst.
It happened with blip and youtube, and Patreon's probably next.
And they STILL won't have any contingencies.

Honestly Vixen of the Desu Des brigade was the only fappable internet reviewer.

Man, I watched TGWTG years ago. What's happened since 2010 - 2012 (roughly that time, could be wrong on dating)? I've been watching MisterMetokur's summary of the whole stuff.

what is even happening

JesuOtaku became a man,
JewWario committed suicide
Luke is going for the transgendered look
Nostalgia Chick quit the site, then worked for Al Jazeera, her own site is shit, and recently got arrested for getting drunk in public.
Spoony is depressed, and most likely will be forced to sell the house he brought with internet money.
Miles is busy serving his county by protecting it from hordes of illegal immigrants.

Space Cop.

>Luke is going for the transgendered look
Let's be honest, he's going for the transvestite look. He doesn't even shave.

Iron Liz is transgendered, broke up with Lewis, and in the process of converting to Judaism.

I doubt Luke knows what a transvestite is. I honestly feel bad for his dad.

>oh yeah thanks a lot doug. water on the floor. nice one. somebody's gonna slip on that and break their spine you know.

Kek...reminds me of pic related.

Isn't the idea of improv that you have a partner or partners that you play off of? What's the point of doing improv by yourself?

that last metokur episode was great, it really feels like the first generation of organics (as in not manufactured) e-celebs passed away, except for James, he knew how to adapt

I think that's a good way of describing it. Everything now is very manufactured. You can't say that Doug Walker and people like MattPat really come from the same cloth.

There isn't any point. You are supposed to work off of others. You can't even call it standup because they write material beforehand. I don't even know what the fuck to call this.

Zebra teeth

I remember being in highschool and watching him. You'll outgrow it in a while, bud.

are they related?

That's fair enough. As autistic as they were, I kinda want that old internet back

This is cute

I don't get it

>Spoony is depressed, and most likely will be forced to sell the house he brought with internet money.
Also worth noting that he hasn't posted anything new on his site in nearly a year, and seems to spend most of his time trying to argue with Trump on twitter.