Netflix Original Cartoons (Spoilers Allowed, idgaf)

What is your personal opinions of the Netflix Original Cartoons, and which one is your personal favorites?

My personal ones happen to be Bojack Horseman, the Voltron reboot, and Trollhunters. If you want to discuss characters as well as the pros and cons of the series/plot of certain shows, discuss it here. Spoilers are allowed in this post, don't ruin the shows though like complete ass-hats though.

Bojack is great, but it's starting to wear thin.

As for Dreamworks...

God Tier
Voltron
Trollhunters
Home
Peabody and Sherman

Good Tier
All Hail King Julien

Aaaaand I haven't seen the rest. But so far they are surprisingly on point.

>That fucking Monopoly episode of King Julien

>Watch trollhunter
>11 episodes in
>So far he has only killed the Stalker, and nothing more

Didn't he indirectly kill a goblin beforehand?

Singular goblin doesn't count. Only plural.

It takes him 12 episodes to start slaughtering goblins, which he could have done a lot earlier.

He wanted to be the kind of hero that never kills.

I am okay with him understanding that Diplomacy allows for long term gain.
Just not the extra.... stupidity of not cutting down Goblins.

Truth be told, killing goblins is only going to cause more problems unless you get them all.

>unless you get them all.
They are suicidal, and cowardice once overwhelmed.
Episode 13: No Goblin revenge squad IE

I like what Netflix is doing for animation. Most of there original stuff is solid, and I believe they are at least partially responsible for Little Witch Academia TV and Wakfu S3 being real.

Trollhunters, Voltron, and Puss in Boots were all great. All of the other dreamworks one are trash.

My favorites are Bojack and Voltron. They're pretty much perfect. Puss in Boots and King Julien are really fun, though there's nothing I could suggest about them.

Trollhunters has nice animation and some great fights, but the writing is generic and contrived as hell.

Kulipari has some good writing and interesting plot points, but the animation is horrible. Plus the last few episodes felt very rushed.

Those are all the ones I've watched.

Its frustrating how much the cheaper old direct to video Veggietales is better than the Netflix reboot.

The redesigns were a huge mistake.

They're all garbage.
Netflix original programs are the cancer that is going to kill Netflix.
I don't watch them because I want to see new shit, I want to watch old shit.
Hell, the only reason I started paying for it was for King of the Hill and MST3k.
Both of those are completely gone now.

I started watching Netflix for Dragons: Race to the Edge which is breddy gud

Bojack and Trollhunters are good as well, but I haven't seen the rest

Everyone is trying to get in on the action and taking their shows away to try and host on their own streaming service, that's why Netflix has to counter with its own original programming.

F is For Family is terrible. The 70s nostalgia angle does nothing for me, and the writing never gets particularly funny. Also it's one of those "adult" cartoons where every episode shoves something fucking disgusting in your face and makes you deal with it. Like a montage of a football stadium bathroom with piss and shit floating everywhere, or Bill Burr and Laura Dern have graphic loud vulgar on screen fucking. Also the Family Guy influence is way too obvious.

OP here. I personally don't think F for Family is "that" bad to be considered new Family Guy, but it is Dingleberry tier.

Kulipari feels rushed because it is.
He wasn't confident Netflix would give him the seasons to cover each book one season at a time so he went and forced all three of them into one.
So very little makes sense because the second and third books are being crammed into two episodes each.
The second battle for the amphibilands is in fact supposed to be as big if not bigger than the first one.

Voltron and Home are fantastic.

I tried the first couple episodes of Peabody and Sherman, but couldn't really get into it. Might give it a second chance since I saw some funny webms of later scenes.

Is that Croods cartoon any good? I never saw the movie, but was thinking of watching the cartoon after finishing School for Little Vampires.

Was honestly surprised that trollhunters was pretty damn good. Hope the next season holds up.

Home and Trollhunters are
Two of the best cartoons of the decade. I like everything about Home. It's cute, funny, and surprisingly well written. Trollhunters is just epic too honestly.

Peabody was at its best that one episode they accidentally broke time.
It'd be a much better show if they ditched the historical parody and went more into timey wimey scifi.

>Bojack is great, but it's starting to wear thin.
Yeah, what I've heard about the next season really makes me think it should end now.

Also, I thought Trollhunters was a bit too formulaic and by the books to really be God tier. The fact that he decided to not tell his mother after amnesia-ing her gave me flashbacks to all those mediocre 90's and 00's shows where the kid has a secret superpower, and not in a good way.

I didn't think it was that great.
It doesn't work that great as a prequel to the movie, and given the second movie's been cancelled, it doesn't even work that great as a hype engine for the second movie.

He mentioned a while back that he was working on a second season. I don't know if it's going to adapt the comics that take place after the books or do something different. I just hope it's better paced.

They killed one of Toby's orthodontists.

The biggest issue, I think, is that Bojack himself is just not making any progress. It's just sort of spinning its wheels being the sad horse show now.

Season one had a powerful and dramatic ending. Season two had an incredible message of perseverance and hope for an ending, while also remaining ambiguous enough to not be saccharine. Season three was just a fart.

I follow any of the How to Train your Dragon series, Trollhunters, Voltron and Bojack Horseman. I'm pleasantly surprised by how great Trollhunters is, to me at least. I tried watching F for Family but I couldn't click with it.