How come the SAS are the best in the world yet America spends the most on their military?

How come the SAS are the best in the world yet America spends the most on their military?

americans value quantity over quality in every single aspect of their lives

it is the product of the endless consumerist propaganda they are exposed to in every facet of their life from birth to death

This user is right.
>tfw born a burger

I though it was well known that the green berets are the best in the world?

Because America has to pay for most of the world's defense.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

this movie had the best casting of any action film.

Not even American but I'll take the bait:

Your average grunt doesn't need SAS training. Special forces are for special situations, it's in the name

No. The SAS are.

>SAS
>Better than Delta

> called "The Rock"
>appears in exactly zero minutes of footage.

Because the British work smarter not harder.

ITT: Avid Battlefield 4 players share their insights on highly secretive special operations units.

America also pays most of the world's terrorists.

I'd probably put money on Delta or something like that being better, just because they probably get used more. Experience matters, and America has it's dick in every hot spot on the planet, so they get a lot more work than the SAS does.

Jack of all, master of none.

I wish they still made action movies as fun as this

SAS? Fucking pussies! SBS are the boys.
Same training as SAS and then some more extreme training on top of that.

Different doctrines. British Army has always been about highly trained small forces with high degrees of autonomy. It's by they have more authority at lower ranks, it's why the structure companies to be as independent from one another as logistically possible, and why their special forces are "better" in the sense that they're trained to do more with less.

The American doctrine since the end of the Cold War is that they don't need to be the best at one thing because they're very good at everything. It doesn't matter if you have a better special forces, a better main fighter, or better logistics and equipment because they're a fucking superpower and you're not. You can be better at one thing, but they're better at everything else.

What's the spend per-soldier on the SAS vs other elite units?
SAS may be the best unit, but they can't win a war on their own.

If they're so great, why can't they even invent their own hats?

>movies where the villain did nothing wrong