ITT: dialogue that would be considered controversial in 2017

ITT: dialogue that would be considered controversial in 2017.

....I....what?

League of One was such a bad story.

>You will never have nice teeth

fuck off was fun, i want the dragon in a movie

BatMRA

well that's one less ticket for Lego Misogynist

Batman's fighting Wonder Woman, who outclasses him in practically every way. He's going to say and do things that get under her skin, make her act out of anger or emotion, because that's the only way he gets a win. With her off her game mentally, she MIGHT make a mistake that he can exploit to advantage.

Holy Victim Shaming.

>He's going to say and do things that get under her skin, make her act out of anger or emotion

Like Bats said: "So predictable".

He's also not wrong. Calling out the victim complex so many people shield themselves behind wouldn't fly very well in 2017 because it would trigger too many "victims".

The Goon's on my backlog. Is it really as good as I keep hearing?

Yes it is.

The setup is shit, but after that it's not bad.

Except for the end

You probably shouldn't whip children...

But that's my fetish.

Is A League of One any good?

I do believe this was edited, and wasn't actually like this

context

I agree, she would say I love YOU dick, not I love Dick

yeah.
it's an edit.
don't have the original tho

Quickly googled.

>The Goon's on my backlog. Is it really as good as I keep hearing?

No, it's better. Except for the few parts where the author is just rambling about how much capeshit and the comic industry in general sucks, but even those parts are at least funny.

And then you sometimes have random momenty like the rabid transvestite, or pic related.

good man

It wasn't fun. It was contrived, lazy, dumb and WW doesn't even get to play the hero because Superman ends up saving her life.

the worst part is every one of us knows that everything wrong in our lives IS someone else's fault, and we DON'T have the power to get out from under them as there's just too many, and somehow this problem actually HAS gotten worse despite the decentralization of power

it's just the victim sorts blame the wrong ones

Autism Speaks

Can run fast enough to keep with Flash and Superman at times, yet a mere ningen traps you.

>the worst part is every one of us knows that everything wrong in our lives IS someone else's fault

You're conflating "there are things outside of our control" with "everything bad in my life is everyone's fault but mine".

If things are wrong with your life, it's your responsibility to fix them. No one else's. You can point fingers and talk about your victimhood all you want, but it won't fix anything in your life. Only you have the power to do that.

>frank is islamophobic
This is so problematic. I thought Marvel was better than this? Literally shaking rn.

Was Gay City even a thing post-crisis?

It was obvious he was just trying to rile her up

She was trying not to hurt him, Batman was also the easiest one she takes out, just a flying chunk of concrete to the face.

Superman was the real threat.

Yeah it was a fun read.

Everything you're saying is right but it would still trigger people

Holy shit, Scott. Take it easy

No, you shouldn't. But being whipped as a kid doesn't excuse your actions.

This is from the issue where Havok is kidnapped and taken to Egypt by the living monolith. The guys Scott is attacking there actually are riding camels.

>you reptile!

Oy vey! Is batman the chosen people?

On his mom's side.

Good strategy but doesn't work in the end with Wonder Woman.

This one is hilarious

I still somehow doubt that calling Wakandans spear chuckers would fly even if they were literally chucking spears.

Interesting to read but the story falls apart with scrutiny.

>Batman was also the easiest one she takes out, just a flying chunk of concrete to the face.
Which easily could have killed him if it wasn't comics.

Surely making Batman sound that retarded would be unacceptable for any year.

>Namor smugly calling Black Panther a spearchucker and flipping him off never

That reminds me of that one time when Microsoft banned a guy from Xbox Live because he was from a town called Fort Gay.

>IMPRESSIVE, for a nigger!

No, it's shit.

t. OP

Raimiposting is fun.

>"I'll break the gooks, I'll crack their heads. I'll slice them till they're running red."
In retrospect, Lucifer was a pretty fucked-up comic.

>Satan himself is volatile and offensive
What a shocker.

>"I'll break the gooks, I'll crack their heads. I'll slice them till they're running red."
Did he really say that ? Or are you just quoting a Bowie song because of the resemblance?

This thread is another Sup Forums raid. Report, ignore, and tell the mods how much you hate Sup Forums on .

The latter, because Lucifer's look was inspired by Bowie. It seemed clever at the time

>As individuals, we are weak and break easily... but together, we stand strong like a mighty fagot

yes,yes you do

I don't have any picture but Sabretooth refers to Coleen Wing as Misty Knight's "slant eyed friend" in an issue of Power Man and Iron Fist.

I miss when villains were allowed to be full blown racist and shit. I never understood why they were held to any moral standing, their bad guys, let them be awful and offensives it's kinda the point.

in irony that pic certainly wouldn't fly past censors today.

I can't wait for Ms Marvel to get FRANKED