Twenty years in Gotham, Alfred; we've seen what promises are worth. How many good guys are left...

>Twenty years in Gotham, Alfred; we've seen what promises are worth. How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?

WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? WHO HAS CHANGED? We've never seen this version of Gotham before.

God this dialogue sucks so much and rings of typical Goyer "Tell, don't show".

SHOW

DON'T

TELL

He was talking about Harvey Dent obviously. That was only two batman films ago.

>thinking goyer knows how to write
>thinking snyder knows how to direct

Its like you want to watch bad movies

>Inb4 you didn't understand it

Could be Grayson leaving Gotham, Todd turning evil or dying, Harvey turning evil

>60 years of Batman being one of the biggest cultural icons in history
>somehow we need a rundown of his troubles

It's so fucking obvious that nothing more really needs to be said

>Not a fuckin peep
>It's gothamtown alfred

Nah. A newspaper in the film said a criminal was being prosecuted by, 'District Attorney Harvery Dent".

>BvS is sprinkled with a bunch of neat Batman stuff that would've made for a more interesting movie
Why didn't they just make another Batman movie?

>start new continuity
>lean heavily on old continuities for any sort of structure of semblance of coherency

Batman V Superman: Autism Cut (Renegade Snyder release)

>Bruce-"Twenty years in Gotham, Alfred; we've seen what promises are worth. How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?"

>Alfred-"wh- what do you mean Bruce?"

>*Bruce looks into the camera, smirks*
>*walks over to the computer and pulls up google*
>*shot of the screen*
>*Types* "Detective Comics #27"
>Bruce- "You might want to sit down Alfred, this will take some time"

>*33 hours later*

>Bruce-"...and that is what I meant"
>Alfred-"what were we talking about?"
>Bruce-"..."
>Alfred-"ah yes...HE IS NOT OUR ENEMY!!!"
>Bruce"...why would you say that?"
>*Alfred looks at the camera, smirks*
>*Pulls out his laptop*
>*Google: Action Comics #1*
>Alfred-"So he is an alien rite?"

He's talking about the Joker being Jason Todd.

Wtf I love capeshit now.

not only is it terrible, the guy delivering it is shit as well, making it even worse

>show don't tell
>I don't understand tell me exactly what's going on!!!
Stay mad

gee idk user, maybe harvey dent
the best part of bvs is that if youre familiar with the lore, youll follow it perfectly
its a normie filter

What would this new Baytman do if all the bad guys converted to Islam? Would aflackislam retire?

Lie

Goyer is a shit writer, true, but I don't think he's as big a part in upcoming movies. Am I mistaken on that?

Yeah, Bruce should have out a slideshow and explained directly to the camera what he meant by this.
I, like the rest of the audience am completely unable to grasp simple backstory references unless they are directly explained to me.

Friendly reminder, if you have a problem with this scene, you are a brainlet

He didn't work on Justice League at all. BvS was re-written by Chris Terrio who wrote Justice League based off Snyder's story outline.

>>WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN? WHO HAS CHANGED? We've never seen this version of Gotham before.

It doesn't matter who exactly he is referring to. It could be any of the heroes or villains he's encountered in his backstory.

The point is to reveal his character and show that he is bitter and has been betrayed in the past, which is why he is wary of Superman.

>Twenty years in Gotham, Alfred, we've seen what the niggers are worth. How many untainted white women are left? How many will stay this way?

Jeez, Snyder, we get it, you want to be the new Raimi. Cool it with the racism, this is why no one likes your flicks.

Holy fuck you're dumb

Ok but how is this worse than Gal Gadot getting emails detailing every hero that's gonna be the Justice League?

your*

>show don't tell meme
Back to Screenwriting 101 or r/Screenwriting you dirty fucking generic pleb

>OP

>implying he was wrong
Director's cut was the best version of this movie and jews quickly hid it away from general public because it was too real. Snyder is a true artist.

CIA would have stayed that way

>How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?

I LIKE TO FUCKING THINK. that they kept dropping subtle hints to leto's joker being this waynes robin, after having been all fucked up by the real joker.

the theory i had going in my head was that he kept the costume on display as a reminder to set things right, if he could.

>people will shit on OP for wanting an explanation of what actually happened in the world
>people will defend pic related, a 5 minute advertisement of the DC movies to come

Superman was a beacon, the voice-over said so!

That's not an advertisement for future DC movies, that was a CIA easter egg