The best?

Was he the best character in the OT?

Not even the best imperial officer.

Why didn't you intensify it

Ah yes, Completely Forgettable Imperial Officer #34039. Second only to that one idiot stormtrooper who bashed his head on the door to the detainment wing in the Death Star.

>Admiral Piett
>Forgettable

Before The Mousening it was Wedge Antilles thanks to the large number of excellent EU stories he starred in. Now who gives a shit, they're all just props for maRey Sue so there's no reason to be invested in the setting.

t. butthurt EUfag, who probably worshipped Kyle Katarn and Revan as well.

Name another imperial officer who can give Vader commands and actually have him listen

Only because George didn't figure out yet that Vader is more interesting and intimidating than generic nazi officers.
Notice how in the original, Vader is just a lapdog to Tarkin - even if he has some backstory and a personal connection to the protagonist - but as the films go on, he becomes a central villain, and then the fucking chosen one.

Can you please ask these sort of questions in the /swg/ or on Sup Forums?

You prefer bait thread #32?

I actually kinda liked the pre-Yavin version of Vader where his position within the Imperial hierarchy is more vague than the "vice president of the Empire" type of role he had for the rest of the OT.

It made the Imperial political system seem more nuanced and interesting.

I'm just worried about setting a bad precedent. Blatantly offtopic threads like this one are really no better than bait thread #32, and are in some ways worse. At least the bait threads respect the rules enough to skirt them, rather than just breaking them.

Yeah, it was cool to have a bit more nuance than "Vader turns up, he's in charge", though at Yavin the Imperial military did kind of get beheaded a bit.

If vader hadn't decided their pilots were incompetent, he would have died with them, which is funny.

Perhaps there was a bit of force precognition/intuition that said in Vader's mind "you should really not be on here right now" and he interpreted that as "get in your fighter and go chase down the rebels"

inb4 "b-but Lucas had the whole plotline figured out beforehand. He said so himself."

Gonna say Lando.

He's the kind of character I tend to gravitate towards. He's definitely flawed, but he's got a good heart. Plus, he's the one who actually destroys the death star in episode 6.

He's grown on me after seeing how cool he was in the Imperial Assault campaign

I like to think that he's really just a counter terrorist at heart, and his force sense was telling him to do the right thing.

Tagge was the best, even without his EU content.

Bitches don't know about

Wullf

Fuck your mother

Yularen

Veteran of the Clone Wars and head of the ISB. Taking down bitches and snitches like it ain't no thing.

>Vuffi Raa
>Cloud City
>Nkllon
>Tendrando
Absolutely based.

Dying in a military space station instead of doing his job at the Coruscant's headquarters

also this