Is it time to stop trusting critics when it comes to Disney or Pixar?

Is it time to stop trusting critics when it comes to Disney or Pixar?

Both movies are by no means bad, but they're pretty boring to me. For +90% on RottenTomatoes I was hoping for golden era Pixar quality.

>2017 Anno Domini
>Using review aggregators to find good movies
>Not following directors, writers, and actors that you enjoy
>Not following individual critics with taste similar to you
>Not asking your friends for recommendations
Use literally anything but review aggregators. If you still haven't figured out that using IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, and MetaCritic to find movies to watch is a terrible idea, you should end your life.

>Is it time to stop trusting critics when it comes to Disney or Pixar?
No, it's time for you to stop misunderstanding the purpose and meaning of the Tomatometer.

THe meter says what percent of people enjoyed it, I think the measurement was who rated better than 60% or something, aka the Average Rating/10 right under the percent if you aren't merely distracted by big text.

You honestly believed the largest media conglomerate in the world wouldn't buy favorable reviews? You should never have trusted the Mouse in the first place, they're pure cancer.

>trusting numbers to dictate what makes a movie enjoyable for you

>Is it time to stop trusting critics
No, but it's definitely time to stop trusting Rotten Tomatoes.

Sing got like a 70 so probably

Actual percentage doesn't mean anything beyond "Percent of critics who liked it".

If you look closer you can see the ACTUAL average rating of 7/8 of both films.

No, but it is time for you to understand what a review aggregator actually is. Neither movie got above a 90 percent rating. But more than 90 percent of people felt they were both above average, or in other words "certified fresh".

which are reasonable ratings. The problem is the big red or green bar is very easy to see and it distracts retards who can't into critical analysis or basic reading comprehension. So we have to live with a million fucking threads all over about how rotten tomatoes is rigged or isn't fair in the dumbest possible ways.

> people are retards
> this is somehow the website's fault

this actually

the website intentionally caters towards retardation

Hudsucker Proxy is bad, and the SW prequels are good.
Other than that I agree.

>Fear and Loathing that low
>devoid of character development
THAT WASN'T THE POINT REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Out of my way!

7.6 and 7.9 sound like accurate ratings to me.

I've never trusted Rotten Tomatoes.
I remember years back when no one actually cared about the website, that all the ratings were trash.

Ayyy, they added the "Consider the Following" that I suggested

>they lost a rotten review
how fucking low can you get WB?

I'm seeing one rotten.

there were two

>I need validation :(

It's your own fault for basing your opinions on a website, user. You are your own critic. Don't think you're automatically worthwhile, but you are your own critic

Comparing the audience and critic score is a useful tool for me, I've found the site trustworthy in that if the critic score is rotten, but the audience score is mid-70s or above, I'll most likely enjoy it.