knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Spirited Away vs Akira

I dunno user, it's a silly argument
both are great and very, very different

No. Spirited Away is excellent. There's so much going on in every scene, it has amazing rewatch value. The story is relatively simple and Chihiro's position as an outsider works well with relating to the audience.

Akira has great visuals too, but with a lot of mature manga adaptions, it struggles with conveying the message/story accurately.

nigs can't into anything that's not shonen.
SA is a technically better film despite Akira's stupid budget.

>Kenny spends his days browsing top 10 anime vids on YouTube

He's /ourguy/ whether we like it or not

/our guy/

Akira technically isn't shonen.

You Sup Forumsedditors are not Sup Forums or Sup Forums

truly

I am glad he didn't mention Evangelion

Akira had brotherhood, that's important for men and would skew his feelings towards it.
Spirited Away has a simple story with a relatable MC which is enough to self-insert but this isn't Sup Forums so wtf op?

It's shounen-oriented.

I haven't watched either in years. now I have homework.

He's right

This. Akira was visually stunning, but it's writing couldn't shake the feeling that it was just trying to show you the important parts from a far more intricate story.

This is not the same as a story making you feel like its part of a bigger world.

Everything Spirited Away did was exactly right. It's just about a flawless film.

It was published in a seinen manga magazine.

He wrote this tweet 6 years ago

I'm not a racist by any means, but this is exactly the kind of behavior you'd expect from "normie" niggers. They are so uncultured that they never stray away from the most popular anime and then expect everyone to take them seriously as true "connoisseurs" of "japanese animation".

Both are great films. Kanye West, and all niggers like him need to eat a dick and shut the fuck up.

>i wish i was at home watching anime

Jesus you pedantic fuck.
It's still mainly action that appeals more to males.

>implying he didn't watch anime with the Commander in Chief

saveye

So Akira in the anime movie Akira is supposed to be a spirital Akira Kurosawa right?

Kurosawa brought an (nuclear) explosion of cinema to Japan which largely died out relative to western cinema until the 80s where it then inspired the anime industry.
Akira teaches them to create their own (cinematic/fantasy) universes.

Or is this interpretation too easy?

With a complex existential story. It's not Naruto, which you're lumping it in with.

Akira was shit desu idk why f/a/gs pretend it's any good

Akira's story is rushed and weak. All it really has going for it is its autistically drawn explosions.
Jubei Ninpucho, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Mononoke-hime are the best anime films

Seinen is usually aimed at men you melon. The female equivalent is josei.

Yes, 100% right.

The only Ghibli films better or on par with Akira are Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle.

>a complex existential story.
I like akira, but you're stretching it.
Akira does not typically appeal to girls.

Compared to most anime/manga, it's quite complex. I would put it in the same category as GiTS.

>marries a thicc bitch
>impregnates her
>kim even lets him be autistic as fuck
>doesn't give a fuck anymore and let's himself go on food
literally living the dream

Absolute /ourguy/

I didn't say it did.

>it's quite complex
It's not even close to GITS, which isn't even the pinnacle. Explore more than toonami-core.

>implying Naruto isn't a social commentary on the zeitgeist of Japanese youth in a post atomic culture and a dark allegory on Japanese imperialism with underlying themes of both existentialism and transcendentalism

>It's not even close to GiTS
GiTS' complexity is overstated. What about the story makes you think it's so difficult?

>What about the story makes you think it's so difficult?
GITS explores human nature much more in depth than Akira did.

nah nigga, they just kept upping the powerlevel

Pre-Timeskip is a competent shonen though with some neat world-building

Is he the Armond White of Sup Forums?

>No. Spirited Away is excellent
Kanye never said Spirited away wasnt good you fucking weeb.

He said Akira is better, do you even read ?

Yes, but he's just awful. Just awful.

>There's so much going on in every scene
It's so dense...

Yes.

Akira explored the state of post-war Japanese youth and the experience of male puberty in much more depth than GitS did.

Yes, but only because of some the CGI scenes have really dated themselves. Also the dub is fucking awful for Spirited Away.

Seinen mean male youth (teens) not "men".
Shounen's for little boys.

Spirited Aways is the only good movie Miyazaki produced that isnt a slow plotless mess of callbacks to his childhood and characters that seem straight out of a pre great war ad campaigns rather than anything close to resembling actual humans.

Akira is a first big budget anime movie and ... thats it.
Based off an unfinished manga with dragon ball level ass pull twist in the narrative that falls straight on its face riding the scare of cold war and nuking of japan thats now as irrelevant as movies about the cuban crisis making cuba some worlds evil superpower.

Have to go with Spirited away on this one, Akira isnt even close.I still wonder how would Akira manga end up if the author wasnt forced to made up the second half on the spot in weeks during the rushed movie production.

I'd need to watch SA again without the fucking Disney dubtitles, but IMO it IS overrated. It's very good, but not a Top Ten anime film: it's not even in Miyazaki's top three (I would rate Nausicaa, Totoro, and Mononoke Hime all ahead of it, and maybe Laputa as well).

That said, it's a very hard comparison, and Akira is probably overrated as well (as much as it pains me to say that, because I love it, but it's not without its flaws).

But the real question is doesn't Kanye have better things to do with his time than to tweet about random Top Ten videos on YT?

It does literally mean that, but in practice, taken as a demographic and not as a descriptor of individuals, "seinen" extends into adulthood up to anywhere from 25 to late 40s. Similarly, as a demographic, the upper end of "shounen" is somewhere in the 15-18 range (for instance, about three-eighths of Weekly Shounen Jump's readership is 14+).

>Seinen mean male youth (teens) not "men".
This
Im still confused while people think Seinen is manga for adults when it literally translates into teens and seinen publications are full of manga aimed at kids

Yo uh boy falls in love wif uh beotch.

Unable ta confess, he iz gifted by uh deus ex machina wif da beotch's phone number. Never minding da strange area code, he immediately calls her, an' iz overjoyed ta find out dat she has uh crush on him as well.

But, da next day, when he recounts da previous day's confessions ta da beotch, she only looks at him wif uh perplexed expression. afta some investigation, he finds out dat da beotch he called iz not da same beotch he fell in love wif. In fact, she don' exist in dis here universe at all. She iz da beotch's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love wif da MC's own AU self, who too iz blissfully unaware o' her crush.

Hijinks ensue as da two strike up uh deal ta give each other they darkest, most private secrets in order ta equip da other wif da weapons dey need ta conquer da heart o' they other selves. While da two chase they respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as dey begin ta fall in love wif each other instead an' queshun da NATURE o' LOVE otay buh-weet.

This went through my mind. Fucking Sup Forums.

Because the Japanese publishing industry itself uses the term that way.

As far as the industry is concerned, publications like Big Comic and Weekly Manga Times are every bit as "seinen" as Weekly Young Jump and Ultra Jump.

Already a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

YOU USED TO CALL ME ON MY KEIT-AI
LATE NIGHT WHEN YOU FIND A WAY
AND I KNOW WHEN THAT HOTLINE MEME

Just a matter of opinion.