When DC creators are writing their books, they're not writing their best books. They're not...

>When DC creators are writing their books, they're not writing their best books. They're not. They're writing books with no diversity, they're writing boring books, they're writing books that don't sell. And some, I guess, are good books.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigada
twitter.com/GailSimone/status/829866553717829632
digitalpriest.com/legacy/comics/adventures/frames/chips2.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>My books have been treated so unfairly by DC. They were great books, everybody supported them. Terrible!

Why is the comics industry so lacking in professionalism? I was reading Jim Shooter's blog last night a bit and he made it sound like the industry hasn't really changed at all in that regard.

Did Didio, Lee and Johns triple team his mother?
Why is Spencer shittalking all time?

>Did Didio, Lee and Johns triple team his mother?
Yes.

Your medium is so cucked Sup Forums you're a fucking joke hahaha.

Does Nick think not realize that he will eventually have to go back to DC?
He's not Bendis, or Loeb or Quesada. Eventually he will have to go to DC, and there are people who will remember this shit.

Because these people are the epitome of petty. Spencer is just assblasted that DC didn't let him write his books so now he's just going to shit on them for no reason, same thing with Quesada.

There are a lot crazy assholes in this industry who think they are more important than they actually are.
Spencer and Waid being prime examples of this.

Waid is literally banned from ever going back to DC, I have no idea why Spencer is so assblasted all the time.

They won't take him back and it will just make him angrier

>Implying DC will take him back
In Levitz' era. Creators were being blacklisted left and right.

>Muh Supergirl!
>Muh Young Justice!
He wrote T.H.U.N.D.E.R. A.G.E.N.T.S and Jimmy Olsen One Shot. How he thought he was gonna get from there to Supergirl/YJ is insane. Now a creator who was really blue balled? Priest, dude toiled hard and was promised Captain America only to be given Falcon. Dude was so jaded he just flat out dislikes being made to write black people.

Anyone who wears a tie that bright and is not a female deserves to be punched in the face.
At least pick a manlier shade, you fucking faggot. This is barely an improvement over wearing a fucking pink tie.

Man, Waid is the weirdest.

I mean, he cannot even WORK at DC, is working continually at Marvel for half a decade, is currently writing THREE books for Marvel, and yet he can't forget DC.

Last month he spent one entire week talking with his fans about DC on twitter. But he wasn't talking shit, he was more like venting his frustration about not being able to write Superman anymore. His fucking avatar was a Superman's logo. There was a fan there asking him about Champions and he didn't give a shit, but was answering questions about Wonder Woman.

He and Lemire must be the most frustrated writers at Marvel right now. The two are DCfags.

Why would DC ever hire him again after this shit?

Nick Spencer has alway been a Cunt, he's just incapable of hiding it anymore.
Four years ago I was at C2E2 and went to a panel of his about Morning Glories. This was right when the wheels were starting to fall off of that series. He started talking about how LOST was the greatest show of all time and how the ending was something to emulate. I raised my hand and asked that, while that was his opinion, he was in the minority and a lot of people hated the 1000 questions no answer style of LOST.

He then pauses the discussion he was having and goes on a rant and rave about how consumers are spoiled now and how they don't understand the 'artist's vision' and how they should just be happy with what they're given. He then claimed that LOST gave answers and that people were too stupid to figure them out and those people should be ignored and he didn't want them as readers anyways.

Is Lemire exclusive? He would be welcomed back despite his problems writing teams.

I've never heard anyone say anything about LOST except that it was retarded garbage.

>LOST was the greatest show of all time
This is an exaggeration, right? I can't believe the EXACT wording.
I get people not liking The Wire or Sopranos, fine (crimeshit is not for everyone) but even if you like Lost, "best show ever" is stretching it.

It was retarded garbage, but it had potential at the beginning and just got really stupid to the point where you just had to keep watching to see what retarded bullshit they would come up with next.

>Is Lemire exclusive?
Yes, a decision that he probably regrets.

He was very frustrated because of the current "Kamandi Challenge". He is a big fan of Kamandi, "Sweet Tooth" was loosely inspired in Kamandi. Now DC is basically doing a party whose theme is Kamandi and Lemire can't participate. Too busy writing the worst X-Men book of the decade.

Feels bad man.

>He started talking about how LOST was the greatest show of all time and how the ending was something to emulate

You can't emulate the ending of LOST, it's Lindelof's singular artistic vision being realised. It's like saying you want to emulate the BSG or Soprano finales, love them or hate them there's nothing to emulate beyond auteur theory being brought to TV.

>and goes on a rant and rave about how consumers are spoiled now and how they don't understand the 'artist's vision' and how they should just be happy with what they're given. He then claimed that LOST gave answers and that people were too stupid to figure them out and those people should be ignored and he didn't want them as readers anyways.

Now we know who's kinoposting in all the BvS threads.

No he was very defensive about it, I actually got into it a bit with him and Joe (the artist on MG) had to tell us to cool it at the artist table on Sunday. (Side Note Joe is probably one of the most awesome guys in comics).

But ya on the Friday night panel Spencer went on and on about how he was going to emulate LOST and how MG was going to read 125 issues, and go down as one of the great indie books out there, on the level of The Walking Dead. **

**In fairness to Nick I think a TV pilot script had just been green lit, so he was riding a wave of high TV.

>Soprano finale
You mean, a ripoff of a less-known show's ending?

>It's like saying you want to emulate the BSG or Soprano finales, love them or hate them there's nothing to emulate beyond auteur theory being brought to TV.

I'd like to meet the person who loves the BSG finale. Just, not hating it would already be a surprise

>You mean, a ripoff of a less-known show's ending?

?????

>I'd like to meet the person who loves the BSG finale. Just, not hating it would already be a surprise

I admired it more then I liked it. The ending montage/cycle was fucking terrible and Roslin's visions meaning absolutely nothing was insulting, but I think a lot of the character beats worked well and I admire that Moore stuck to his guns and kept the religious elements essential in the finale.

He already wrote Supergirl, but he was fired after an issue.

so weird to me that Priest's goal was to full-time Captain America instead of Spider-Man

Wait, that issue with the kryptonian werewolf and zero idea of who she is as a character?

No, about the one where some psycho guy makes an app for tracking superheroes.

I saw him at C2E2 last year, and he was incredibly courteous when signing books. I still commend how well the Hydra Cap swerve was pulled off, regardless of how folks think of the storyline.

I, for one, love both Cap books.

Ah, right. Thanks. I couldn't place him.

A Russian show did the whole "ambigious ending where the crime-lord protagonist may or may not be shot and killed in the end" much earlier.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigada

Could be a coincidence, but I'll be honest. I just wanted to stir some shit.

twitter.com/GailSimone/status/829866553717829632

>My suggestion is it's always better to promote your own books than try to undermine others.
>But I also think Luke is hotter than Han.

Gail should have had the balls to @ that asshole.

I'd say Spencer's Cap is not bad. I just think that for all Brevoort's talk about how anger increased sales that it's weird it didn't happen this time around.

It shifts between vague, vaguely interesting, superficial, boring, promising, and disappointing. Held back by some really bad characters and a drawn out plot. Would have been a cool miniseries.

Yeah. When the "Hydra Cap" thing leaked it was big shit, every "pop culture" site was talking about it. The first issue probably sold really well, I suppose.

But now it is selling REALLY shit numbers for a flagship book. But maybe this is more of a Marvel problem. Bar Spider-Man and X-Men, Marvel has no books that sells more than 35.000 copies after the 10th issue. This is why they keep relaunching.

DC >>>>>>>>>> Marvel

>Waid is literally banned from ever going back to DC
Story?

Jim Shooter was a fag.

Wow, you're so cool and masculine user!

He bad mouthed a lot of important people. Also he openly hates Didio.

And threw beer at a fellow coworker.

Oh, come the fuck on.
Don't tell me the color of his tie isn't jarring to look at.

The picture is shopped user.

Waid really, really, really has a massive raging erection for Superman. He sleeps with a Superman dakimakura under Superman bedsheets with a Superman nightlight

Anyway, Waid got into a big argument with Levitz. It got heated and Levitz said Waid would never get Superman

Waid had a few comics with Superman, but never got to do the definitive Superman run he wanted. He wanted HIS Superman.

Anyway, later Didio fired the guy on Superman (Robinson) over some personal shit and hired Waid. Before Waid could do anything, Didio had to boot him off of Superman and rehire Robinson because the lawyers informed him he can't just fire people over nothing.

Waid got Supermad over Superman being dangled over him. He left DC on pretty bad terms and openly badmouthed the fuck out of the company later. Burned bridges

I believe that was Darwyn Cooke.
IIRC Cooke put forward an idea and was rejected. Shortly after Marvel did a line that was basically Cooke's rejected idea.

Cook threw a pint of beer at Alonso

I think it's a lot of things.

They got away with stuff like Avengers Disassembled and New Avengers and Civil War probably because they felt naturally done despite a lot of completely bullshit parts. Civil War in particular still got them a TPB that sells consistently high in bookstores year after year. And even though I disliked Bendis' New Avengers from the start I do think it's better than any of his non-Spider-Man, non-creator-owned work post-Siege. You can't tell me the same thing about AvX, IvX, Death of X, or Civil War II.

That was Cooke, fool

Which idea was it?

Thanks guys. Damn, I feel kinda bad for Waid but the bastard fucked up.

Can't he make his own Image series with a Superman-type character like Supreme?

The entertainment industry is like a big old brothel. Actors, directors, artists, writers, they're just the whores selling their services, but when you have a big bunch of whores competing for the public eye how do they attract attention? They shout, loud, they flaunt everything, and when everyone is doing that there reaches a critical point where they can only raise their own worth by knocking others down.

He should just ask Liefeld to take a shot at Supreme. He has always said that he had the pitch ready since forever.

>Can't he make his own Image series with a Superman-type character like Supreme?

He wants Superman.
The man is one of the classic scholars and he REALLY deserved writing Superman.

Not-Superman isn't Superman

He doesn't want something similar, something close. He wants Superman.

I do believe it was Marvel Age/Adventures.
I double checked on wikipedia

>In 2005 Darwyn Cooke was brought on to develop a new all-ages book based on Marvel's heroes. The stories would be independent from the Marvel 616 Universe and feature an array of Marvel's most popular characters. Cooke was eventually left behind by Marvel and the book carried on without him where a new batch of creators were brought on to tell stories Cooke never intended to tell.

He clearly can't do a run with Supes anytime soon. Might as well have fun with almost-Supes, yknow? Well why doesn't he send it over. Who knows, he might make something good out of it.

Lemire dug his own hole. When his exclusive is up he can crawl back out of it.

Yeah, I guess. At the moment I wouldn't trust him with anything, though. His work on Champions is utterly appalling.

Waid doesn't deserve Supes again after those things he said about all of the midwest being backwards racists and there's no way he'd get good morals growing up there.

pls kill us
pls

>Medium
Go back to Sup Forums please.

Waid is completely out of touch with reality, the last issue of Champion is the proof of this

>Superman should grow up in the city because the countryside is racist
Yeah no. Birthright was definitely one of the better Superman stories though.

Responding to your own post would help, Sup Forumsmblr

Responding to your own post wouldn't help you, Sup Forumsmblr

>Why is the comics industry so lacking in professionalism?
By comics industry I think you mean Marvel. The kind of shit Spencer has been pulling wouldn't fly at DC.

Is that the one where there's a temple, mosque, gay bar and some black place all in one tiny town?

>There are still people who think DC was in the wrong for letting go of Dillon and DeLiz

Well it was one county. But it was stupid to blame all that solely on the Sheriff.

how do you think Spencer would react to news that a DC editor once accused black employees of colluding too much? Because meanwhile at Marvel...

digitalpriest.com/legacy/comics/adventures/frames/chips2.htm (scroll down to number 6)

nothing. Spencer will never talk shit about Marvel. With all his grandstanding how DC Rebirth isn't actually a success, where's that chart about how each Marvel Relaunch actually does worse than the last one? At least Rebirth has an excuse of having a 5 Year Discrepancy behind the New 52 and how the market still wasn't fatigued by relaunches/reboots.

To be fair, Descender and Black Hammer are both very good and are also doing well in sales and he has another creator owned comic that he's writing and drawing called Royal City(and those are generally very good)

>Lost is the best show ever

Has this dude never seen Twin Peaks, which is just Better Lost.

Lemire at DC was great; his Green Arrow was a breathe of life and I also enjoyed his early work on Justice League and Animal Man. I always thought he was going to be DC's next exclusive then he just randomly left to write exclusively for Marvel. Sure, old man Logan is alright, but... idk why he left

I think I remember reading in an interview somewhere that X-men is his dream gig. Marvel probably forced him to be exclusive to get in on it though

He was always hit and miss at DC too. JLU wasn't very good and he abandoned that project like a bitch, Green Arrow was massively overrated, JLD was shit(but that's on editorial), Future's End wasn't very good. But I'm with you that he could've been DC's next big thing, Animal Man and Superboy were GREAT, and his stuff for Vertigo was very good. Old Man Logan is garbage. He probably left so he can phone in shit at Marvel, get a steady paycheck while doing lots of creator owned stuff like the things I mentioned in the other post.

Nah, that's Sorrentino.

As a massive GA guy, I loved every minute of his run, but yeah, I don't know why he just left. I guess I'll always have a bit of disdain for him because he left GA and DC and then GA was given to Arrow show writer Kreisberg and he fucked it all up until Percy salvaged it.

Sorrentino wanted to work on X-Men.. He didn't want to do GA without Sorrentino.

You'r emissing his point.

It's not about making good stories, it's baout making a statement and "CHANGING THE ICONIC CHARACTER FOREVER"

Basically it's self absorbed drivel.

his dream job is Legion of Super Heroes 100%
he's probably one of the biggest living LoSHfags I've ever seen
sucks he can't write a team book though

Lemire was kicked off of GA by editorial so Kreisberg could take over and they could market the book as "from the writer of CW's Arrow".

yeah, his superhero stuff seems heartless. Like he is probably doing it for the paycheck..

Damn. How depressed he must be to see that LoSH has been teased numerous times during Rebirth and he's not there to even have a chance at writing it.

No, Lemire and Sorrentino are the one that left.

At least he has ambition.

>ambigious ending where the crime-lord protagonist may or may not be shot and killed in the end

There wasn't anything like this in brigada you squatting halfwit.

>complains about DC's returnability
>no mention of free copies Marvel's been sending out

Bob Kane is the gold stanndard

his Avengers is boring as shit too

>They're writing books with no diversity

Except DC is writing books with diversity the only exception is that the writing is not as bad as Marvel and they're not being obnoxious about it.

>I think I remember reading in an interview somewhere that X-men is his dream gig.
Nope.

In his first interview after being hired by Marvel, Lemire flat out said that he wasn't EXACTLY a Marvel reader and all his knowledge about comics came from DC.

Pretty sure he was making that point, that's why he green texted.

True.

Look at Detective Comics. Two lesbians, one bisexual, one trans. It never marketed itself as "the book of diversity" and yet is more diverse than almost all Marvel books right now.

I'm sure he won't renew his contract with Marvel once it expires; then he'll either go back to DC or stay in the indies. Or maybe both.

You can clearly see the difference between his big two or Image work and his work for Vertigo and other small time publishers.

the best example is New Super-Man

>one bisexual
Catwoman? Valentine's run was based, and not because of that; which is even more based.

He's talking about diversity of genre.

I agree. Kenan Kong is great and I hope he sticks around.