So now that Samurai Jack is getting an edgy continuation in Adult Swim...

So now that Samurai Jack is getting an edgy continuation in Adult Swim, what other cartoons would you like to see get the edge-make?

I think Invader Zim, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Adventure Time and The Amazing World of Gumball could be nice but I'm afraid they could end up like that adult version of Ren and Stimpy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=887WIB1oRAA
youtube.com/channel/UCjeTSwIFM2i3343c7W9cISg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm so used to people saying the term edgy meaning bad around here idk if you're using the term correct or you don't care for the new Samurai Jack.

huh, just noticed the monkey snoot on the girl.

I think Crossed needs an edgier reboot. It just doesn't go far enough!

OP seems to completely miss the fucking point here. It's not "edgy" because there is blood and being edgy isn't the reason it exists. Stop being shallow.

please educate yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=887WIB1oRAA

So now that blood is allowed, is it going to be in gratuitous amounts, or will it actually be done well and still have robots with blood only appearing as needed, like if Jack gets a stab wound?

Gendy said it's not going to be gory

>slightly less sanitized action
>edgy

I want you to know this (You) was earned with topicality, not wit.

But he has a gun now! Guns are edgy!

"Just?" You mean you haven't been watching the trailer non-stop ever since it aired? The fuck's wrong with you?

>people unironically defending shadow the samuraihog
to be expected of Sup Forumsmblr

>Zim
Sure, I can see that. Make it more like Squee or JTHM
>Courage
No. The whole appeal was that it could be scary, funny, charming, and weird all while being all ages.
>Adventure Time
I could see a little more high stakes situations helping, but I think full R would lose some of it's charm.
>Gumball
What?

swords are edgier by default

I'm an American. Guns are wholesome.

I hope they keep the robots. I mean, it'd be weird if all of a sudden Aku's forces suddenly become biological despite having been mechanical for centuries.
And speaking of the robots, I'd like to see them becoming deadlier and more sophisticated. 50 years is a long time for technological advancements; I'd like to see what they come up with.

I had a feeling before opening the thread that since OP used the word "edgy," posters would focus on the term as if it was used inappropriately or has an inherently negative connotation.

And katanas are the edgier sword of them all.

Congratulations, you are aware of a meme that's been around on this site longer than you have.

Truly, your perceptive abilities are stunning.

Arthur

Edgy means going against the status quo or being fresh, you nutheads. "Being at the forefront of a trend; experimental or avant-garde." Even if this new season didn't have blood, the general tone and themes would be straying from the old format.

Were you triggered?

Go back to wherever you came from.

Your post is confusing. Please explain your sarcasm and intent.

Yes I am literally shaking. My PTSD is flared by your shitposts.

Are you being serious? Those plain inoffensive posts must've hit a nerve for you to start shitting yourself.

I knew I could get a smug anime reaction face out of you.

symbionic titan reboot /when/

>People talk about how blood is "new"
>Old Samurai Jack always had blood, it just didn't splash

Samurai Jack was always violent and edgy. The censor ship was skirted around when people turned out to be robots. But oil gushes like blood from eviscerating sword wounds. The people scream as they go down. There's all these themes of enslavement and subjugation and blah blah blah. It's got that sexy gendy Polish where all the backgrounds are like something out of a water colour storybook and that zen vibe. That great and quiet folly sound that very really breaks into western animation. But strip all that away. Strip away the pretty overalls and quiet moments and it's a show about a wondering laconic hero who murders his way through the majority of problems.

Lots of cartoons would be improved if death etc. bit more mature topics were allowed.
But then theres the fine line after which the cartoon becomes like the Adult Party R&S or Sausage Party where it just becomes dick jokes and general edgyness for purely shock value.

During the first season it was all over the place, during the second season it was more rare and that I recall Season 3 and 4 barely gad any, if at all.

>Strip away the pretty overalls and quiet moments and it's a show about a wondering laconic hero who murders his way through the majority of problems.

To be fair, Jack always gives his enemies an option to walk out and avoid dying. Hell, by the trailer of Season 5 he still does even 50 years into the future and having lost everything.

except X9

X9 shot first. The only reason there's sympathy for X9 is because we got to see his backstory, if the tale was told from Jack's perspective he'd just be another mook out for Jack's blood.

Don't shoot him and Jack is the best friend you could ever have. That's how it works for him. Also notice how his enemies always strike first; except for Aku.

>Lulu, sweet thing.
I wish there were more short stories like this. Learning about the backstory of an odd side character before meeting their tragic demise at the hands of the protag.
So beautiful, playing with perception within stories.

>implying gratuitous amounts of blood and having blood only appearing as needed arent the same thing

>Edgy
There was barely any blood.

?

The old show did have maximum edge episodes, just barely did them consecutively

But SJ isn't edgy. It actually has some merit behind the violence.

this was why the assassins episode was so good
95% of the episode was about the assassins and their various schemes on how to kill jack then the actual fight takes place in about a minute in screentime or about 2 seconds in-world

I never got why it had to be robots Jack fought. I mean, why not just make them shadow-like creatures like Aku? The same could go for all the bounty hunters and other enemies too, just have it so Aku had granted them evil powers or some shit, so they could be diced to pieces without it being too violent for the network.

Not to mention the ability to create tragedy based solely on unstated knowledge we have about the characters. The princess could have just ASKED for Jack's help, because we know that he would because he's a good person, but we know that she never would because she's too stubborn, even though she never says "I'm too stubborn to ask for help".

because its cool

To be honest, I think she just saw Jack's crusade as a last cause and wanted to cut the thread and try to ensure peace for her people.
Clearly, she either didn't know of Aku's fame for honoring deals or she was just extremely desperate.
And then you go and explain your subjects that you traded their lives for an existence without Aku because you killed the only chance they had.

The episode I loved is the one where some warrior race battles each other to see who is going to take down Jack.

The conflict is resolved in like 10 seconds

At first, I was a little worried it would become "edgy" because it moved towards Adult Swim and heard Jack would kill real people and there would be blood.

But having seen the new trailer, I'm fully on board and excited.

But it's cool when he stabs Aku and he starts burning up like a parchment too.

never

I thought 'Chicken Jack' was a cool episode.

So did I. Made me want to eat lasagna, though.

Hi, OP!

wait, you telling me people dont think its a good episode?

Apparently. Same with Naked Jack and Jack and the Farting Dragon.

I imagine it's because they're too different from what people usually associate with Samurai Jack, and they are not among my own favorites either, but I still liked them.

>jack and Swamp Monster episode
>mfw Aku trick me with his disguise

i always thought Samurai Jack was associated with serious action with comedic elements/episodes from time to time to break up the intensity.
different strokes for different folks i guess. Personally loved Chicken Jack and Jack and the Creature from all the silly episodes.

Jack and the Creature is one of the few episodes I dislike. The artsyle does compensate, but I just find the creature very annoying. There are a couple of cute moments, but they don't really save that episode for me. I tend to skip it when I rewatch the series.

>Jack and the Farting Dragon
I'm fine with the other two, but this one is rather half-assed. The jokes are pretty meh, the story is all over the place (why did they mention dragon killing the daughter of that guy? it didn't play any part in the story), and the cynical ending looks out of place in SJ

>All those Ed sounds the creature makes
That shit was surreal.

fair enough.
the creature never got "too" annoying to me, aside from 1-2 moments that felt too much. though the idea of the greaser bots and the ending save the episode for me.

Is that the winter portion of the seasons of death episode with some viking yeti people having a grand tournament and forging an almighty sword, only for it to be instantly sliced in half against jack's?

It would be kind of amazing if it was the same types of kills as before only the static electricity was replaced with blood. But there's no way it will be.

here's your (you) faggot

there are robots in the trailer

focusing on graphical violence will hurt the show and you know it. having humans will lead to way more forced spoken drama, in a show that could be enjoyed without sound.

In case you're interested, this channel has been uploading Samurai Jack episodes. Look them up before they cancel this: youtube.com/channel/UCjeTSwIFM2i3343c7W9cISg

>Invader Zim

Probably, yeah. It could also pull an Adult Party Cartoon and loose all of its charm though.

>Courage

Fuck no. If you think Courage was "held back" by not being allowed to be edgy you have no taste.

>Adventure Time

At best they'd be slightly more overt with some of the darker themes in the show.

>Gumball

Fuck off.

So you like the gratuitous stand in robo blood but don't want it to be tarantino/berserk tier for real blood my you are a hypocritical faggot

This episode was such bullshit with the three rockabilly robots being able to fuck Jack up

SBT had a good balance.

Is she supposed to look like a baboon?

>silvio Santos
>hahayyyy hihiiiiiiii

>edgy

imagine all of the spilled oil and torn wires from the first 4 seasons as blood and flesh and then get back to me with a better word
Samurai Jack was always violent, but it was required all fatalities be robots to get past the censors
In fact, I'd even argue the series could be considered edgier in its original form for being something COMPLETELY different from the things airing on the same channel at that time.
Had it originally been for the same demographic as Season 5, Samurai Jack would have fit snuggly in with the adult swim lineup, but at that point in time adult swim didn't have the viewership or presence they have today.
To me it's more like Samurai jack is finally getting the home it deserves, just unfortunately far too late.
I hope this leads to Genndy exploring more adult oriented animation

tl;dr Rewatch Jack and the Haunted House

with hair that fine, Jack didn't stand a chance.

but seriously, Jack pretty much loses once you sedate him with a blowdart. Kinda weird that very few bounty hunters actually used it in the series.

why does she look negroid?

Thanks. If the video is blocked in your country, copy the URL and go to eachvideo.com and paste it in the search bar. The video will play automatically.

Sedative is a woman's weapon. Women, cravens and eunuchs. Did you know that Lord Aku is a eunuch?

Almost everyone on Sup Forums associates the word "edgy" with deviantart OC's, you just have to learn to accept that.

It's too drastic a change and doesn't make much sense, there's no reason for Aku to stop using robots suddenly after countless millennia.

Hopefully it doesn't stop us from having OC like this.

Gravity falls

Honestly just make a new season of MegasXLR with more adult humor and some kick ass fight scenes and your golden. Felt like it should be an adult cartoon in the first place

The Tremblays could just drop the kid-friendly thing and try to bring SWAT Kats Revolution to adult swim.

>capable of dodging bullets
>not capable of dodging blow-darts

Any edgier and it will fall of the edge and become wholesome.

Genndy has said numerous times that the new Jack will not be ridiculously gory because he understands that parents watched the show with their kids

edgy

>gumball

You want some more bitch ?

Steven Universe

Not that user, but
Anko is cute. CUTE!

The characters will cry more often than usual.