Superman 18 "Superman Reborn Part 1" Preview

I love this cover. Superman's family is adorable.

Superfamily is easily the best modern addition to the Superman mythos.

It's not an addition. It was canon pre-Flashpoint too and showed up in multiple Elseworlds.

I agree. It's the best thing that happened in Superman's book in a long time.

The fuck?

I'm talking about a modern addition in the broad context of Superman's publishing history. Chill out man, let Superdad's warmth give you some good feels.

Watchmen references?

Superdad it's the natural progression of Superman's character. Very glad that DC finally got that chance.

IS IT PRIME TIME?

I mean like silver age old still isn't recent.

But I'm just tired of people acting like this is somehow better than when we had it twice in the past 10-15 years with Cir-El and Chris just because they didn't bother to backread.

Cover gimmick reminds me of this

So, was it Geoff Johns or Grant Morrison trapped in there, because it was clearly someone familiar with the basic lore of the character understood with more of an understanding of the character than strong guy in blue costume with red cape that saves the day.

So...Prime?

For comparison

He's who I thought, but would he be as passive as he seems? Just sitting there waiting for Superman to save him? Especially when he considers himself to be the true Superman who can do more than any other Superman could?

Depowered Superbro?

> prime
> begging for saving
He've been in a worse places than this. And he've gotten out.

If the Clark Kent is Prime theory is right, it can't be Prime. Clark's been out and walking around all this time.

Why would someone strong enough to escape Oz's prison would need Superman to save him? I think that's the real question you should be asking.

Superbro is dead though

Maybe it's the Prime during Blackest Night? The one that's going on a redemption path?

Looking back, it's probably not a version of Supes though since Oz captured mostly side characters

What does Superdoom and Tim have in common anyway

I'm being serious, is this page a Watchmen reference?

You need to read the last issue. Clark is probably being snatched back after he's sent down to interact with people. I don't think he's Prime though.

>Superbro is dead though

Why do you believe this when new 52 Lois "died" the same way but is clearly not actually dead?

Because no one reads Superwoman

I hope Superbro and new52 Lois are not dead, but in some dimension or whatever and actually pre-new52 Eearth-2 versions.
Prime will not be allowed to be redeemed tho. And who the hell need him this way?

Prime is pretty much a meme at this point. Every new character or development is Prime for Sup Forums

Because a resurrection is better than "not dead all along"
Also was that Nu52 Lois or Mommy Lois at the end of Superwoman? I can't tell and I don't care because I don't like Lois

I like Prime. I think he has an interesting potential to be used for meta narrative. That don't mean he needs redemption of course

>Lois Milf
Damn, pre-flashpoint Clark's fucking lucky

She said what was happening to Lana at the end of the latest issue happened to her, so I assumed it was N52.

fair

>Also was that Nu52 Lois or Mommy Lois at the end of Superwoman? I can't tell and I don't care because I don't like Lois

I'm not sure. But in the previous issue we had a non-Lana character acknowledging ghost Lois so she's actually there regardless.

Damn, Tim is going fucking mad

>That scribbled superman face to left from crumbled floor

She had short hair like Mommy Lois though. Thought New 52 Lois died with long hair.

Just noticed that, you're right. But really, who knows what the fuck is going on in that book.

So, is this a superman arc or a new superman book?

Superman/Action Comics crossover. Think the aftermath is in all Superman related titles (except for NSM).

New arc. Crossover between Action and Superman.

who's the fire head guy?

Read the cover fag, it has an issue number

Didn't you read the previous arc?

Between this and prime i think im going to have to catch up in both books. Thanks

>Thought New 52 Lois died with long hair.

It was shoulder length, not really long but shorter than the bob that's at the end of the new issue. Probably ambiguous on purpose but the newest solicit does mention Lois being "back" whatever that may mean.

I still think fusion dance ending for new 52+pre-Flashpoint versions.

Pic v Lemme know if you don't have X

Also
>The same thing that happened to the other Lois
Mommy Lois confirmed.

Consider the next bubble from her is
>the same thing that happened to me
whatever it is clearly happened to both Loises so that's not definitive

So he has Doomsday, Firehead dude, and tim drake. Anyone else I missed?

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, or in this case, Mommy Lois, user. If anything, it seems there is just more that has happened to Mommy Lois off panel.

All 4 variants. Nuperman in the third one. Fusion confirmed. Don't know if there is a better quality of this.

Wew
e
w

Someone need to put every possible cover of this arc together and send to Hypercrisis thread for analysis

Higher res.

nice. So redacted has hair..

New Super-Man is the most hypercrisis Superbook right now tbqh

Uhm, obviously you haven't read both their work on the character because Morrison basically created shitty NuSuperman and Johns more or less retconned everything he could back to the bronze age.

This is fucking Crisis Superman, who neither of those assholes have really liked.

Please no, let that festering shit heap lie.

I don't really want it to be Prime Time if Johns isn't writing him. Wouldn't be as funny.

Because its SHIT user.

Such a cool fucking concept, wasted.... This and Wondy Rebirth will always be the books that I look at and wonder what might have happened.

Random question, is that Superman the pre New 52 Superman or another Superman?
All this rebooting is getting me confused.

Come on already, bring back the damn trunks. Oh, and fusion him with NuSupes and I'm dropping the Super titles faster than Champion sales.

Pre NuSupes. He's awesome.

They have to fusion, it's the only thing that makes sense. Can't make a big deal about all the characters mourning Superbro without giving them a happy ending. Can't have a Superman who is foreign to the main universe and hasn't shared in all the adventures with the existing characters.

And in the meta sense he has behaved like a coward and not acted like Pre-Flashpoint Superman much anyway by hiding out for 10 years. A fusion along with a claim that they were both fractured versions works as an apology for all the mistakes.

Yes indeed, a little too real for comfort
>Origin of Kenan's S

>the S was there all along

That was such a cool fucking touch.

It also ties in nicely with Supes' power set

Fuck that's a damn cool prison.

Somethings coming.

Prime is not really something that we know for sure is happening, it's just a meme Sup Forums is forcing.

It's fucking brilliant to be honest

As much as I like Geoff as a person, I wish he would stop shitting on everything Alan ever did for DC....

Looks kinda like Ganthet when he was heading the blue corps. But that wouldn't really make sense. Mxy maybe? When was the last time he popped up?

I wonder if Gleason got his kid to doodle some of the work on the page

That's how it works with Big Two comics. You don't own anything, and everything you do for them can be monitized in every way. Geoff has said Dr. M isn't a villain and they're not going to change his mind by punching him. We'll see how it goes.

He's not a coward for letting his younger counterpart have the lime light while he secretly goes around saving people. Crisis Superman acted like a mature father. (Unlike RYW Spidey who stopped altogether.) He was being respectful.

And why not? I thought we were over this idea that everything has to be stupid simple and connected like Marvel.

Is he really going to write anything more? I almost prefer Johns doing what he is now to his shitty JL run.

>Johns takes a throwaway Moore story and turns it into a best selling, character defining epic.

If this is shitting, please do some more.

How stupid is Prime?

He's just pretending to be retarded

I hope so, because no can fucking write Shazam until he has had his turn apparently.

He is not that dumb, just tires to be cool but he isn't.

It's cute.

>suddenly the smallville theme song enters my head

>Superbro

This will all end up being disappointing.

So they gonna fuse?

>Jurgens writing an event

yuck

And so it will be disappointing.

Well it is a Superbook crossover, you have to expect disappointment by now. Last truly good one was Up, Up, and Away.

>tfw no one has posted the super sons preview yet

Multiversity ended up being anticlimatic

If you're a Superbrofag maybe.

That wasn't a crossover though, and it got cut short for this.

Yes and that Superman crossover in general are disappointing.

>cameofest with no emotion even though there's built-in drama with stuff like Pre-Flashpoint Superman going to the Earth where his Pre-Flashpoint son is Superman
>killed off a good character that people like

Truly what went wrong?

tim no stay sane stay best boy

No he's gonna show up later to merge with Superdad.