Whatever happened to Power Pack?

Whatever happened to Power Pack?

>Whatever happened to Power Pack?

Gurihiru's doing Gwenpool.

Disney's planning a Power Pack movie just like they did with Big Hero 6?

Older-her reminds me of someone

alright lets see If I remember this right
>Alex joined Reed Richards Future Foundation and had cool science adventures, currently with Reed and the rest of the FF rebuilding the multiverse

>Julie joined a team of ex-teen heroes in California and repeatedly tried to bring in the Runaways, also a lesbian, also an actress

>Jack and Katie appeared for Franklins birthday party during the Future Foundation stories, havent been seen yet

Post the edits

>I automatically remplace the text with the edited version.
That place has corrupted me.

Nobody saved them, such a tragedy

Alex and Julie were allowed to age
Katie wasn't. Jack just kinda exists.

Alex went off into the Mutiverse with Richards and the rest of the FF.

I think this is the first time I've seen the unedited version

Alex was allowed to age back in the nineties.

Teen heroes have it rough with their yoyo ageing.

oh yea, but I mean, it lead to the demise of Power Pack.

Except for letting Gurihiru draw them, the Power Pack as a group has been kinda gone for a while.

I saw them multiple times, some user must still have it.

The edit potential of this comic is impressive. Maybe because of the cuteness.

Adopted by incog.

That surprise buttsects look.

Didnt one of the girls became gay?

Need more this less Ben10 and we're gold

Julie or whatever is bi, yeah. But you'll probably only see her exclusively with girls, whenever she shows up.

>make Power Pack thread
>browse catalog
>see this
fug I'm gonna get called a shill ain't I
'Specially since I was planning more anyway.

Anyway who's read the OG series? Opinions?

Modern Marvel thought they were only good for crossovers so it'd probably be MCU.
At least, I'd hope it would be.
On Disney Channel.

>currently with Reed and the rest of the FF rebuilding the multiverse
Yeah I'm a lot more invested in seeing how Alex's family are taking his apparent sudden death more than I am anything Reed/Sue related.

I was about to reply to OP with "You happened" for the same reason.
Pleasant surprise.

Three of them reappeared in Civil War II, and the whole team was in the second issue of that flashback mini Deadpool: Back in Black.

Because to Hollywood, "bisexual" means "sexy lesbian without social commentary".

Read a bit of the original series a bit. It was pretty alright up until it started getting 80's edgy

What's the appeal? I never even heard of them until I started coming to Sup Forums.

Fun sibling dynamics/antics with space adventures and slice of life. The OG series tried to do serious stories every now and again, but they aren't as good as the fun stuff. Kinda fell by the wayside in the 90s, though they'd guest stint in New Warriors and the like.

The Gurihiru minis are pure fun + cute, so they're generally well liked around here.

>PP got cancelled by the same editorial mandate that ruined FF
Man that's sad... wait
>PP wasn't a 30 year old 300-issue IP like FF
>PP entire appeal fell back on filling the same growth-based storytelling niche as FF
>PP was about 4 people with sudden space powers, matching suits & a love of alliteration having to balance cosmic rigmarole with being a family ala FF
MotherFUCKER PP WUZ THE NEXT GEN FF YOU'RE BLOWING MY MIND HERE NO WONDER FRANKLIN HUNG OUT SO MUCH
IT'S EVEN THERE IN THE INITIALS FUCK

>80's edgy
Mind clarifying? The Inferno arc was FULL edge but honestly the highlight of the whole series for me from an emotional & storytelling standpoint. Plus it was at the very end of the 80s so I'm assuming you mean something else.
Plus I only started saving pages at #16, I have no idea what came before that despite going through it first-hand. What do you remember as the 'alright' stuff? Did you get to space war's resolution at least? Around #25.

You ever heard of "The Great American Novel" as pertains to cape comics?

>pomf

If you were holding out until I said what I said it's not necessarily a criticism. Just bantz.
I mean it's not like it we're the first, turn out...

katie acute

>oh no!
>oh no!
OH YEAH!

Oh fuck.

They had a back-up story in the CWII anthology book. Julie is starting college and Jack and Katie have been aged up a bit (ironically, they aged DOWN Julie in the process for whatever fucking reason).

Their stance regarding Alex is that they have faith that him and Franklin aren't actually dead and will be back soon enough.

Bit of a cop-out but hey, fair enough. It's not like they have an ongoing to explore trauma.

Like Sweet & Sour.

little katie has been listening to too many borscht-belt comedy records

Do you have the "NOT PREGNANT" one?

dawwwwww

Classic.

That's it? I can remember when Sup Forums went nuts on the page and there were around two dozen edits of it. Makes me wish I had saved them at the time, desu doesn't go back that far with saving images

Sorry, that one is the only one I got

OHHHHHH

Seriously what edgy part did you mean? I'm legit interested.

*Cough* "And men."

>Morrison did't set him up with a qt furfag gf
Hack.

He did run into a catwoman one time, but she turned out to a non-sapient mutated house cat who was dying by the time she met him. No happy ending there.

He sort of did, Abigail Brand was a half alien human woman whose father was blue and furry. They hooked up. Not sure what happened to that relationship when Bendis turned Hank into an ape again.

Fucking WOT
Sauce me senpai
I know Brand. Just sayin' in this day & age his changed appearance is a pisspoor reason for Grant to think he'd be lacking in pussylel.

"Beast later uncovers what seems to be a female mutant with feline features, like his situation. This raises hopes for him, until he discovers it's not a mutant human that looks like a cat, it's a mutant cat who looks like a human. Either way, the creature is at the limit of her life and Beast allows her to leave the X-Mansion to pass away quietly in a spot she finds comfortable."

This was a backstory in some X-Men annual, but I couldn't say which one except it was six or more years ago.

wait a minute, it raised his hopes to see what was obviously a rattly-boned old aged cat lady? or did she reach 'the limit of her life' in some rapid fashion due to improper mutating? also, what with the Marvel universe having the High Evolutionary who can actually make animals intelligent, would that be a problem? Once it talks, you can go to town

She didn't talk. He thought it was a human mutant, but it was a cat mutant, and a non-sapient one. She looked like a typical 50% furry scale catwoman, muzzle, tail, footpaws, etc. There was no obvious sign that she was old except she seemed to be sick. Sometimes cats die of old age while still looking relatively young.

>Sometimes cats die of old age while still looking relatively young.
news to me. In my experience, the only real way for a cat to die of old age is of organ failure. they start looking sick as hell, stop eating, their bodies start eating themselves, which leads to liver failure if they didn't have it yet because cat livers can't handle much fat, and they also stop grooming themselves so they look terrible... but I guess a mutant cat might not have to follow real feline aging to a T.

My mom had a manx tomcat who must have fathered most of the kittens in the neighborhood. A real battlescarred veteran. He was about ten years old and still solid muscle when he just up and died one night, sleeping in front of the heater the way he always did but stiff as a board in the morning.

Well, you just said it yourself. They look sick. They don't look "old". I've had cats die of old age. You can easily tell that they're sick and dying, but if you simply compare a picture of them in that state to a picture of them from several years ago, it'd be pretty hard to tell them apart. Unless the weightloss sets in.

I suddenly remembered all the edits of this Sup Forums made years ago. Wish I still had some of them.

huh. can cats get heart attacks?
I would just think someone as intelligent as henry mccoy would pick up on the signs of terminal senescence pretty quickly, not confuse them for a transient illness

Okay don't know much about the Power Pack. But they're a group of kids with costumes that give them powers, and if they switch costumes they switch powers?

I imagine that'd be really hard to quickly diagnose from a simple visual inspection when you're dealing with something that probably hasn't ever existed before.

My man!

Nah the power-switching thing happened because some evil ayy lmaos sucked it out of them and they got it back is a different order.
...Then later it happened again. With the same ayy lmaos.

>Improved by Incog

FTFY

I've just realized this has just taken the original page and pasted new words in here & there.
kek

other way around: they each have special costumes that resist their powers (like how the human torch's costume is fireproof) so when they change powers (which happens a lot, since they were just GIVEN to them, they're plug n' play) they have to change costumes

maybe you're right
but when i look at Fallout I see a mixture of familiar and unfamiliar creatures all unified by "looking like they have severe radiation sickness" in a way that anyone can quickly recognize
wait, she can talk? and can even talk russian? fuck, no problem there.

Different character, it was a remark on the nigh-identical wording.

Also I'm pretty sure she's just retarded. Cat brain, n' all that.

oh okay
does 'loss of control' mean she wet her pants?

Too much anal happened.

It's funny how bad english sounds the same whether you're foreign, stupid, uneducated (different from stupid), or just a little kid.

>they have to change costumes
They don't HAVE to. They didn't even notice for like 20 issues. And when they did no solid reason was given, it was just their autism.
Incidentally that issue's so wacky that I'mma storytime in this weekend. Maybe some more if anybody's got requests.

Some pages just have edit potential.

Only one i got saved

huh, I thought because one turns into gas and one has all this energy shit, that theyd exit or ruin their clothes otherwise

>or just a little kid
INCIDENTALLY

That comes up in the issue IIRC. Not that they explain it. Unstable molecules, idfk.
Then again "not explaining shit" might as well be that issue's motto. It's great fun, you'll see what I mean.

>I only read Power Pack to stave off reading that fucking FF run

>(ironically, they aged DOWN Julie in the process for whatever fucking reason)
Wellllllll considering that she's TEN here...

What are we gonna do on the bed onii chan BLUMFF

yeah powerpack was pretty soft scifi. if it wasnt so fun and didnt have such a novel idea, it probably wouldn't be very well-remembered

would it have killed them to write it 'juie' ?
I would like to see this actual comic. particularly that sixth bit

Franklin, No!!

Will add it to the list.

btw she's fully clothed in that panel. Had to cut a bit out to make it fit.

boooo. who wears clothes while bathing a baby? that's 'shoes on in the house in sitcoms' shit right there

Someone with no experience.
That's kind of the joke.

oh yeah that makes sense.

That's antisemitic as fuck

The blond hair & blue eyes are a nice touch I must admit.

That guy is a "tu-deep-fr-you" faggot. And his analysis of FF requires way to much projecting to actually properly represent what he's talking about.

That was Whedon.

If a cat has cancer they can still look pretty good before they die. There is usually just an obvious lump where the tumor is.

yeah but this is said to be old age

Reminder that the Power Pack are canonically stronger than Sabertooth.

IT'S THE TEXT NOT THE INTENT REEEEE
Anyway point being Power Pack has Fantastic Four appeal. And lost it at/for the same time/reason they did. People read them primarily to see these character's grow and evolve and develop... and then the 90s hit and that was no longer possible.

>Mastery of Fundamental Physics x4 is better than eh eh ill scritch u
wonders never cease