Daredevil Storytime (Part 4)

Welcome back Anons! Last time, Daredevil's identity was released into the public. Today, let's see if Bendis's OC FINALLY gets what's coming to him.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ingersoll
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry about yesterday, Anons. Snowstorm.

Oh good, the superhero is hearing voices. This isn't a sign of bad times at all...

>Today, let's see if Bendis's OC FINALLY gets what's coming to him
Nope

Does nobody see him up there?

I love how even Matt realizes that taking his mask off in front of a crowd is really dumb.

Well gee, X-user, why don't you let me build up suspense for the people who haven't read this yet.

Ah, someone is watching Episode III, it looks like.

I just didn't want anyone to be disappointed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Isn't this a bit late, Bendis? Usually the "superhero saves a woman from being mugged/raped" scene is one of the first bits in the movie.

Now is NOT the time to be a smartass, civilian.

>"He didn't answer..."

He's probably got better things to worry about than play 20 Questions, and you know it.

Marvel civilians are literally the worst.

It's Bendis, there's only disappointment if you expect anything.

At least they're not actively helping the villains again.

Was Mr. Hyde always this giant? Dude's literally bigger than a truck.

Foggy looks like he's got a stache in that first panel.
Señor Foggy

Wait, is "crippled" referring to the lies, or to Matt?

Oh yeah, Spider-Man is in this book.

I admit, I've never TRIED taking out one of those post office boxes, but aren't they usually pretty well secured into the ground?

Yep. They're also quite heavy.

>"I HAVE DEFEATED THE MIGHTY THOR IN HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT!"
>taken out by Daredevil with a PO Box

Very much so

I like to think Matt's telling the truth here, and he really did just go to Japan off-screen for a bit, and fight some ninjas.

Ah yes, the good old days when you couldn't even say "ass" in a Marvel comic.

We get formally introduced to them later, but that is indeed Jessica Jones and Luke Cage behind them in the second panel.

Did this REALLY need to be an entire page?

Would you say they're too heavy for Matt to be swinging them like that, or within the realm of possibility for someone who actually TRAINS, instead of a bunch of nerds like us?

Another wasted page, god damn it.

Cheap cliffhangers! Lazy art! Decompression! Learn more with Brian Michael Bendis' Words for Pictures, now in stores!

And yet, they could show Ares getting Sentry'd.
Censorship is weird sometimes.

Depends on how full it is desu, but someone like Spider-Man swinging one seems more likely.

I don't remember if the FBI agent who sold them the information ever ends up getting in trouble for disobeying a direct order, or if Bendis decided it wasn't important.

Don't worry, Luke will EVENTUALLY talk.

Wow, this really is a decade old comic. 2.30 for a taxi ride ANYWHERE?

Remember the infamous "You fucked me" dialogue? Now we're gonna see what happened on the other side of the door.
Just remember, through this whole thing, Matt is hearing Luke and Jessica.

Remember, she KNOWS that he can "see" her there. She's undressing there to fuck with him.

And like Luke said in Alias, it was indeed Black Widow.

Remember, this man teaches writing courses.

At last, you do this when I'm awake! Glad you're back.

It's weird that, while he writes Spider-Man as comparatively low-powered, everyone else he writes is a lot stronger than normally, like the time Iron Fist took down a Helicarrier with one punch.

So does Scott Snyder. Pretty scary for the future of comic books, honestly.

I love how she immediately knows who's fault it is that he's not punching people in bright spandex anymore.

I dunno, I'd expect him to be over his grief from Elektra, given that she's not dead anymore.

The only time I've seen him be this big was when he overdosed on his own drugs in All-New Ghost Rider

Lotta BW ass shots. Why didn't anybody bitch about this?

Also I'm not sure I like her dialogue here. I've read her in the Miller run but...

... Honestly, the CITY can do without Daredevil for a few days, have one of the dozens of other superheroes take up his slack.
Now, Matt's CASE could use Daredevil swinging around out there, but that's neither here nor there.

That's because Mr. Hyde never really defeated Thor in hand-to hand combat

This page once set off a fairly big shitposting thread. Just remember that this issue was released 14 years ago.

>Why didn't anybody bitch about this?
This was pre-outrage era, back when comic books weren't popular, even in geeky comic book sites. Sure, you had stuff like the Spider-Man and X-Men movies, but being someone who cares, or pretends to care, about comic books was still seen as lame.

>Manischewitz
PETER PARKER ISN'T JEWISH BENDIS

I tend to not do post during the day on Wendsdays, so as to avoid getting lumped in the weekly releases.

The rest of the days, are just me being busy at noon.

>Why didn't anybody bitch about this?
Because it's old and nobody's talking about it anymore. Same reason nobody brings up that Bendis brought back the Carol-baby thing after Busiek pretty conclusively got her past that.
Same reason nobody brings up how Bendis had Tigra GRAPHICALLY beaten in New Avengers.

>Matt Murdock is gone for 26 days
>Daredevil isn't seen for 26 days
WHAT A COINCIDENCE

I was originally just going to post the issues with Luke, but as you can see now, he shows up a lot, but only in the middle of the arcs.

Eh, the wrecking crew has probably done that at least once, and they're the biggest jobbers this side of Galactus.

>Same reason nobody brings up how Bendis had Tigra GRAPHICALLY beaten in New Avengers.
That was fuuucked up. I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis was into ryona desu.

Why did Matt think that announcing that he's not a superhero while standing next to a famous superhero and a former superhero was a good idea?

Is that even slang for something? I just assumed he picked a random name to call him by, and pretend that was Daredevil's real name.

Because calling him "Mr. Magoo" while there's public debate over him being really a blind man would be a dick move.

Were all these big time-skips really necessary?

Remember, Luke's done bodyguard jobs in the past. Hell, most of his jobs were either security or investigating. He's probably one of the better bodyguards to get.

>Manischewitz /ˌmænəˈʃɛvJts/ is a leading brand of kosher products based in the United States, best known for their matzo and kosher wine.
No idea why Spider-Man would say that at that moment even if he was Jewsih.

>Elektra on panel
>"Next Issue: Elektra"

Big shock there.

Her costume looks oddly more revealing than usual.

Last issue for today, Anons!

God damn it, I had to look that up! Thank god I kept safe search on.

He probably thinks that making Spider-Man weaker makes him more "relatable". He makes Luke and others stronger in order to make them look "cool". And other times it's just him not giving a fuck about what makes sense or power levels and doing whatever he wants.

Her chest isn't covered like it used to be. Is that how she was drawn in the Bendis/Austen book?

This seems kind of out of character for Black Widow.

And then there's Doctor "My Cloak can't work under these conditions" Strange.
I just finished reading Stern's run, and god damn, did he get nerfed over the years.

You didn't know what that was? Stick around. Or don't. Yeah, better don't. Brrr.

I 'unno, I never read it. Is that the one with the Greg Horn covers?

Why doesn't Natasha bring up the rather obvious fact that if Daredevil isn't seen in action at this time, it will only be further proof that Matt is Daredevil?

No, THIS is out of character for Black Widow.

>I 'unno, I never read it. Is that the one with the Greg Horn covers?

The very same, yes.

>It is canon that Donald Trump did business deals with Fisk
Yeah, I can see how this would lead to shitposting, I would like to see that thread.

>"Natasha, wherever you are, you are the single worst ex-girlfriend that ever existed, and coming from me, that is saying something."

I dunno, you used to date Typhoid Mary, or do supervillains not count?

It wasn't even that, just people using that as another "Damn Marvel is insulting Trump again!" thread, and nobody mentioned until nearly a hundred replies in "Oh wait, this comic is almost 15 years old, this particular bit has nothing to do with politics."

Fun fact: Originally, this issue was going to end with Bullseye showing up at the end (hence Bullseye getting mentioned so much these past few issues, and in this very issue). However, Kevin Smith threw a fit because he made a deal with Quesada that he would be the one to write the first meeting between Matt and Bullseye after he killed Karen, so Bendis had to change it.
Quesada told Smith that he had to write that story soon, so Smith planned to do a mini of it. He wrote one issue of Daredevil/Bullseye: The Target and then never did any more, he never actually wrote that first encounter.
Eventually Quesada got fed up with waiting and told Bendis he could use Bullseye.

Nobody brings that up in this entire run.

I wouldn't be caught dead reading a comic with a Greg Horn cover. I may be a sicko, but I don't want to look like a proud one too!

Fucking potheads.

>Eventually Quesada got fed up with waiting and told Bendis he could use Bullseye.

And he randomly had Bullseye dressing like the movie, without the costume, if memory serves.

Oh hey, at least THIS guy is getting some comeuppance.

>A woman named Natasha
I'm surprised that Elektra didn't know who Black Widow is.

So you're skipping the Emma Frost series then?

Three pages of this.

>Mr. Ingersol

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ingersoll
>Robert "Bob" Ingersoll (born October 13, 1952) is an American lawyer and writer. Ingersoll's full-time occupation was an appellate attorney with the Cuyahoga County Public Defender Office in Cleveland, Ohio, until he retired in 2009. He is more widely known for his writing, in particular his work in comic books.
Hmmmmmmm

Oh no, you lot are reading it, me? I'm just there to provide poor snark.

It's like he didn't even pretend to draw clothes on her, and instead just drew her naked

Like most instances of Bendis writing weird shit, I'm just assuming one side is intentionally fucking with the other.

>some comeuppance.
Not really, he just gets scared a little and that's it.

Ah, so what I did for the last half of Namor. Try not to fall asleep.

We have't seen Silke in a while, and I forgot what happens to him (so it'll be a surprise for me too when we get there), so at least they're doing SOMETHING with him.

>200 million for telling the truth
You're an asshole Matt

75 million is still too much. You don't deserve it.

Matt, would it kill you to NOT be the big swinging dick in the room for once?

Because when you do, shit like THIS happens.

It's weird how Bendis expects us to root against the press even though they're 100% right.

Oh good, Matt's going full Miller now. Maybe we can find Bullseye and drop him off a building again, just like old times.

Part of the problem with this arc is that, the ethics oreleasing the story aside, they didn't do much wrong. They haven't called for him to get arrested, like you KNOW JJ would, and nobody is trying to blackmail him.

Couldn't he just sue Matt Murdock? This could have very easily backfired on Matt.