ITT: Things a character has NEVER recovered from

His anus will never be the same

Jean and muh phoenix.

The ur-example.

Not Batman?

Hal never recovered from having the race card thrown at him. But he even tried the "But I have a black friend" line didn't work

I blame Millar for bringing that shit back in the Ultimates.

Peter getting molested he still hasn't shut up about it

Batman's origin never implied that he was at fault. Bruce might feel guilty, but in the end he was just a helpless kid. Peter genuinely fucked up.

Holy shit

>Spider-Man just just loudly talks about the time he was molested while he's saving people and fighting bad guys
Sounds like it'd be a better distraction than the quipping.

Holy crap that bit was so fucking bad.

John suddenly decides J'onn is going to get in the way, so he puts him in a construct, he is then stymied by the neckbeard painting the bomb yellow.

It was retarded, even ignoring the fact that J'onn should've been able to escape the construct because intangeability.

Never forget

In all fairness the cure for cancer did get weaponized.

Good god it still pisses me off when people refer to Hank as a wifebeater.

That man knows what it wants from life, how many of us can tell the same?

I feel like Marvel scientists are to busy trying to cure sentient bacteria that willingly culls it's own population in order to kill humanity. I'd love if Reed and Hank were primarily focused on that, but some asshat 9/11's your building to get a hover board that hasn't been fully tested.

Gwen is such a fucking whore.

Hell never get over it

Wait was this shit still cannon?

>It all happened in Spider-Man & Power Pack #1
Shit I was gonna read that this weekend.

The heart shaped cloud should have alerted you!

>Sounds like it'd be a better distraction than the quipping.
I can just imagine him blurting it out at length while fighting Electro or something, and them taking a second or two to register what he's saying then just stopping and going, "wait, what the fuck?"

Wait did she spike his drink with a potion that would give him super-cum?

Wouldn't you?

Well, they just tried to teach the kids back in the day a lesson

>onlygoodfaggot.jpg

One punch is Guy's destiny.

The older I get the more I like GG as GL. Kyle is a whiny bitch, Hal is a stuffy wanker and Johns a ni-nice guy but really boring to read. Guy gets in and gets shit done...just not in this instance.

He is the perfect GL in a team setting. He is annoying, and brings the worst out of everyone. It is a pleasure to read.

>MUH KATMA
>MUH XANSHI
>MUHRINES

That is John now, that is all he'll ever be.

I'm sure he'll be fine. Just give him a few months.

This scene literally saved guy from obscurity. Batman punched him into the future.

>sniffs his finger
How does Guy get away with so much shit? No one except the other Earth GLs like having him around yet everyone else is somehow forced to tolerate him.
Maybe it'd be best if John was killed off, it's clear no one wants to do anything interesting with him and he'd at least get to be with Katma in that GL afterlife.

So, what happened here?

Maybe he's just that powerful...the other heroes don't want to run the risk of him going villian, so they put up with his shit, I dunno

>frames are reversed

LAAAAAAAME

John and J'onn are trying to save a planet, John decides he's hot shit and locks up J'onn to save the day by himself, John gets meme'd on by a fatass with several buckets of paint.

for fucking real?

The bomber was white.
This is the white mans fault.
>everytime

>tfw you're black but you still kek'd

That's fucking HILARIOUS. Especially that panel, with the fat greasy guy just looking so smug. I love it.

Not bad.
BTW, how does he fight Chinese then?

>Goblin hears this
>contacts Skip
>reveals to the world Spider-Man's true identity

So wait, what exactly was "it"? were they going up against a supercomputer or something?

This is one of the most ooc things I have EVER seen.

You'd expect behavior like that from Guy or maybe even Hal but John would have--should have been the guy punching either of them for even having the notion.

Huh so that's how Hobgoblin will one-up Norman.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that guy was a caricature of the original comic's colorist, a meta-joke.

Why do you think the Chinese didn't make a knock off GL for their knock off JL?

I just find it strange since we have more on counts of Reed beating Sue and Cyclopes basically abandon his wife for death. Then there was Stark with the dead gf. Really most Marvel men have been bigger shit bags to their girls then Hank ever was.

John used to be more of a arrogant hothead, but then that became Guy's thing

>at least 2 people have Canonly found the cure to cancer, and they aren't even the smartest people alive
>people dying of cancer is still a thing
>whor is still dying of it
i hate the marvel universe

There are times when its hard to tell the inflection and tone of characters in a comic.
This is not one of those times.
>Good afternoon everybody, how are we all dois that Guy on the floor?

Hate the writers. Other books at least understands that if you inject real world shit into your universe that it either breaks suspension of disbelief or makes the heroes look more unhinged and crazy then wanted.

Cancer being a thing in the Marvel universe is outright insulting. At least a third of their heroes have at least some sort of genetic mutation, and even though they were "accidents", that kind of thing should have been figured years ago.

I blame fucking Captain Marvel.

Bishop, one of the most popular non white Marvel characters, one who was popular without being forced, has been completely unusable for years because Marvel had him commit the genocide of billions to kill a baby.
Their idea was Cable is the time traveler from the future, who thinks Hope Summers will save mutants, and defends her, while Bishop is the time traveler from the Future who thinks Hope Summers will be Hitler and tries to kill her, even if he has to kill millions to do it.

And I am afraid they will do something like that to Emma Frost in IvX.

>I will become Hitler to stop Hitler

did they gangrape him or what?

they went full retard, and I am not sure if one the last things they did to Bishop was deleting his memories, which still hasnt been enough for him to become usable again.

they were irresponsible imo.

>I blame fucking Captain Marvel.
Captain Marvel did 9/11

Why was he upset again?

Where did you get that picture? I'm pretty sure Ted Kord killed himself.

Guy is the one green lantern willing to use all his power to prove a point.

>still mad

>tfw you actually liked Cable vol 2 even though it entirely shat on Bishop.

>a new Alexander
So he'll inherit Bruce's fortune and toys, fuck around aimlessly with it for a few years, then die without a heir, after which his companions ignore his will and kill each other over the inheritance?

The context is Robin: One Year Later, where Cassandra Cain was turned into a talentless, dragonlady, murderous villain hack, who gets dropped by Robin saying something stupid.

She used to be a person with a stronger code vs killing than Batman did, to the point she'd broken into a prison to rescue a man on death row. She was also objectively a better martial artist than Batman, capable of repeatedly fighting Deathstroke to a draw and defeating Shiva at her peak. She was on the Justice League for cryin' out loud. And then Didunderfuck decided 'nuh, she gon' be a villain, cuz fuck you', introduced a mind control serum that also apparently steals your competence.

I don't think he will ever recover from this fiasco

The artist? Shit's horrendous.

Millar is an omega edgelord who doesn't actually read comics.

>Hank had a mental breakdown which led to him backhanding his wife in a fit of rage, then has an identity crisis and has to find himself
>"So he beats his wife 24/7! Got it!"

Lady Shiva appearing in Hush for like six pages turned out to be a fucking coffin for her. She said she was doing a favor for the League of Assassins bringing Talia back, but because Hush is such a huge entry-level book, that ended up being a lot of people's first impression of her, that she's a strong evil kung fu chick who works for the LoA.
And now, almost 15 years later, nearly every single Shiva story has her working for the League, either by choice or by obligation, and they all suck major balls. There is seriously not a single good Shiva/LoA story. And the fact that cross-media adaptations like Beware the Batman and Arkham Origins perpetuate this only add more nails to the coffin.

In the words of a great user,In comics death can be undone or retconned but being cucked is forever.

Between this and her jobbing to Batman while under Grodd's control (maybe???), one gets the impression Jeph Loeb has it in for her.

Bendis need to die.

>Arc based on Iceman inner desires being quantified by the essence of apocalypse, including being close with all the girls (females) he has loved
>Gets ignore cause lol Bendis.

This is a true crime.

That's Zoom, and he see himself killed by his idol

Wait, what? His plan is to make Deadpool die from too much healing? The fuck?

I think Loeb just thought of her as really throwaway. She doesn't even have lines in that Superman/Batman appearance. Which only makes it even more annoying that shitty writers took that ball and ran with it.
Hell, Loeb doesn't even explicitly state that she's a member of the LoA. Far as the book goes, she was only doing a job for them. And now we get bullshit like pic related.

Didn't she job to Harley?

>Jean mindfucks Bobby into thinking he's gay
Shit like this is why nobody likes you, Jean

Judge user, I'm no expert on Lady Shiva. What was she before a League member

>The artist? Shit's horrendous.
Not idea what went wrong with his art.

The fact that she was there when Adult Bobby actually confessed being gay all along makes it seem true.
I hope some writer after Benis retcons that shit away.

user, please. "Jobbing" would imply there was an actual match.
Also, in this arc she was supposed to be the leader of the League. Or at least, like, a part of it.

My first exposure to Shiva was finding a bunch of issues of O'Neil's Question series in a flea market bin back in high school. Everything else I've read with her now feels bizarre and/or frustrating.

God, I want to fuck the shit out of teen Jean while she desperately tries to make me gay.