Why did he reject Luv? Loyalty? Did Mariette's comment about him not liking real women hold any weight?

Why did he reject Luv? Loyalty? Did Mariette's comment about him not liking real women hold any weight?

the only time Luv tried to make a genuine connection with him (asking him questions in the archive) was when he was still just a cog in the machinery of the LAPD. if they had met after he found the horse and confirmed that the memory was real, he might have been more receptive to her.

the tragedy of Luv's life is that she seemed capable of having the same kind of awakening as K, but she could never escape Wallace the way K escaped the LAPD, and in the end she tried to embrace her role as Wallace's slave and reassure herself that she liked it.

she only made a slight pass at him once. After that all their interactions were hostile.

Because he was faithful to Joi.

There was definitely more that that scene with Luv. It was just very subtle.

also this I thought the end point of their dualism was dramatized really well, with the two of them trying to submerge and drown each other in the downed spinner, Luv obeying Wallace, but K looking outside himself and fighting to help Deckard. when K is victorious and emerges from the water, Deckard calls him "Joe" -- it's his christening.

You sure? I thought it was her asking him the personal question about his work, and the next time they meet is in vegas

When she yells "WHERE IS HE?" she sounds and looks like she's giving an almost maternal rage like yell, not just an empty "wahhh where is that guy I want to kill",
Maybe a bit of an autistic observation from me but there certainly is something there

Is it true that someone asking personal questions means they're interested in you?

I thought she seemed more maternal when she called him a good boy. But the "where is he" sounded like pure frustration

Likely, sometimes people are just bored striking up conversation. If they seem genuinely interested in asking personal questions, then most likely yeah. But whether or not it is romantic is completely different

For her it was. She's just as emotional as K, she just can't grow as a person because she knows that Wallace will never let her do so and that she will always be a meaningless slave. Think of how many Luvs sat in her chair at her desk, and got thrown out for fucking up one time or just for shits and gigs? She's clearly suffering an existential crisis the entire movie, her desire to be better than K was born from her desire to be something. Don't really understand people that thought she was some 2 dimensional character. I felt bad for her the whole film.

Because luv was dropping spagetti in that scene, it was just so very subtle ( I don't know why)

For example, she's slightly embarrassed when she shows off her un-feminine super strenght to open that door. She makes a very sudden move when K says
>she likes him
She doesn't realize he's talking about Rachel, she shouldn't be confused about that she thinks she's talking about her. Then she tries to flirt, and she has a smile on her face but the smile is out of focus.

pretty weird scene

that shot and K's posture makes me so sad

So she was autistic like him?

I definately caught it the second time, what I meant was the only pass she made at him to show interest was when she asked the personal question

She also seems distraught after she's rejected but that's only on the screen for less than a second.
I think they really went too far and made some scenes really subtle, you should be able to get these things the first time because it makes the movie more interesting.

Well it's not THAT subtle, it should be clear to anyone that she's flirting by the way she says "...Desired". However unclear if she likes him or just trying to get out information out of him. Same with him, unclear if he's faithful to Joi or is seeing what Luv is trying to do

she also tells joshi "I like him. he's a good boy" which is kinda odd for a crazy replicant slave like her

>why did i kill my gf
>bc then she will be like earl gf
>ok thanks

>tfw to smart for a soul

I thought Luv just had an Elecktra complex and thought she would get some Daddy dick after he took out her targets

bumping

>that silence
>suddenly she yells
>WHERE IS HE

>emotes only with the lower half of her face while shouting

>the tragedy of Luv's life is that she seemed capable of having the same kind of awakening as K
I feel like K, Luv, and Joi all had an awakening. They all evolved past their primary reasons for existence and developed genuine emotions, despite none of them being the child.

>and in the end she tried to embrace her role as Wallace's slave and reassure herself that she liked it.

Seemed more like she was acting out of anger of rejection to me.

All replicants are autistic, Voight-Kampff test are essentially autism tests.

It's not even that she was thirsty in the traditional sense. She wanted a genuine connection and K shut her down hard. It's sad when you think about it.

that didn't answer my question nigga you just went on a tangent about how she was a great character
I'm tryna get my dick sucked

>not being able to catch it the first time
child