What's up with modern horror and the stupid 'atmospheric' meme trend

What's up with modern horror and the stupid 'atmospheric' meme trend.
If you want to direct shitty drama don't market it as horror. Horror movies are supposed to be scary

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ffZgq3yvB0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kys ys

StI'll a great movie, buddy ol' pal ol' friend

>Horror movies are supposed to be scary
Says who?

Any movie with goat-devils, possessed children and baby-eating witches will obviously be classed a horror.

stop being a faggot.

The suspense is predicated by the expectation of horror. If witch was marketed as a family drama, there would be no tension

Horror is not jump scares either. The greats of horror have long recognized that the idea of something terrifying is better than viewing it. This is why poe was such a great writer.

fuck off idiot. You're the reason there are so few\quality movies around today

>Horror movies are supposed to be scary

you know what would be scary? kill yourself from jumping off a tall building the scare will be kino trust me

Read up the definition of horror you dumb mouth breather

You still can make 'quality' (unlike the witch) movies without dishones advertising

Is Haxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages 'Horror' or nah? Trying to figure out where the cut-off is. Blair Witch? The Cell? Mario Bava?

What is horror to you?

A film portraying scenes that are horrific in nature.

A witch grinds up a baby into paste then paints herself with it. A boy then gets possessed by something and dies, and then a girl sells her soul to the actual devil. Is that not horrific?

You contrarian moron.

>cant distinguish between muh scaries and fear/dread
kys. no taste

>supposed to be scary
this faggot actually gets scared watching a film

Yes the movie was indeed dreadful

I guess war movies are horror, the hunt is horror, etc
Damn you retards are dumbo

>equivocating for rhetorical purposes
>still shows no appreciation of dread and unease in horror movies

What are some horror movies?

Why is this movie even labeled as horror? It's a period piece with some minor supernatural stuff in it.

How are you this dumb, or has it in fact moved on to the meme stage, in which case it is pretty funny.

>don't find any movie scary
>therefore horror movies don't exist

>judging a creative work in light of other judgments about it
>being this confused about aesthetic judgments

They wanted to make money so they pushed their b tier drama as horror

enough jibber jabber, yes it does the period mis-en-scene and trappings beautifully but it's still a film about some gruesome, terrifying supernatural shit

>b tier drama
Not even, it's like """mumblecore""" or whatever meme genre is called. Half the time couldnt even understand what the fuck they were saying.

>being this quibbling and pedantic about movie genres/categories

i wonder of some of the people claiming the movie wasnt scary were never christian - which isnt to imply that having ever been religious is necessary to enjoying this particular horror movie.

that meme always makes me kek

Horror :the ring
Jumpy horror : the conjuring
Nu male horror :the witch, the void, it comes at night

would you have rather they spoke in a contemporary american accent? jesus christ. put on subtitles you fuckhead

I'm not Christian and I didn't think it was scary, but I enjoyed it as an atmospheric period piece.

I think never being a christian actually adds to the experience.

How do you actually get scared of a movie if you're over the age of 12? No, seriously, how?

English isn't even my native language and I understood them just fine.
It's probably you.

the witch is a 10/10 masterpiece

when I heard this guy will be making a new nosferatu I got an erection

this will be kino of legendary proportions

I'm totally with you OP but Sup Forums is lately flooded by antifa and delusional Hillary supporters.
Horror movies are supposed to be scary, to have jump scares and be basically a roller coaster ride, not a fucking period drama with supernatural elements.
Save those things for a movie to watch at school.
Unfriended is 10x scarier than VVitch

All those are supernatural horrors. wtf is wrong with you? are you new to movies or something?

Things go Boo and I jump in my seat. That means it's scary.

I didn't understand a fucking word in that shitty movie. All I know was they built it up for 3 fucking hours and by the end of the movie, I wasn't scared, didn't understand what the fuck they were saying and fell asleep 3 fucking times. That movie was the definition of pretentious bullshit.

nice b8 m8, i r8 it 8/8

>director of the witch making a new nosferatu

>Nu male horror :the witch, the void, it comes at night
>'Nu male' is anything i dont like. Also, i'm v manly. Grrr.
>Also The Fucking Ring is the best horror movie I can come up with.

It's a great movie too bad that you are too young and retarded to know better.

It's only 90 minutes long, if you can't even pay attention for that short a time you have a really short attention span.

Shouldn't you be watching your wifes son while she fucks Jamal? Or is this the time you are supposed to be posting on Sup Forums trying to normalize trannies, cuckoldry, and race mixing? You are wasting time user, almost time to prep the bull.

But the VVitch is literally the only one of the nu horror movies that have been reviewed to critical acclaim that is actually any good

Shit like the babadook, the conjuring, it follows, annabelle, it comes at night, get out is all crap. This film was actually really good

>pretentious
This. Did they really need to old times setting, it's like, just make it in modern day your not impressing anyone

My bad, it took 3 fucking hours for me to watch an hour and a half movie because I kept falling asleep on it. It really was that fucking boring.

ITT: quibbling about definitions/categories/genres with little critical evaluation of the movie

i hope you all die and get carried off by ants. bunch of fucking comic book men

VVitch was a horror movie that was 100% comfy and I didn't know I wanted that.

Damn dude if youre not trolling youre fucked up beyond redemption and i honestly believe you have a cuckold fantasy and youre projecting like this

Im not even that guy btw but it seems like you secretly crave nigger dick in your smelly ass

Imagine being this new to movies

dude shut the fuck up

>comfy
Nice criticism

that was praise, not criticism

It's horroring me that you're being such a faggot in my direction. Does that count?

t. Iliterate

what a fucking thread you retard bye

So, you are a beta cuck faggot too. I wouldn't be surprised if you two were the faggots from this video youtube.com/watch?v=5ffZgq3yvB0 which one of you got caught lying to the internet and used your real doll sex toy as a real woman, that you took pictures of and posted them online, posting for it to virtue signal and, that you supposedly married, and then went to Walmart and bought a baby doll and posted pics on social media saying it was your kid?

Lel

Males of today are afraid of jumpscares