If this movie trashes the main characters/lore of the Star Wars saga like ep7 did...

If this movie trashes the main characters/lore of the Star Wars saga like ep7 did, I am officially done with this franchise.
I won't even bother seeing their stand alone films, and will instead re-read the EU and forget any and all of the retcons Disney has done (all of which suck)

All starwars movies are about young men and women and their problems with their parents.

You need to get another hobby/job fast before you spend more years of your life on this website on an endless LOOP.

The glory days are over.

Just move on.

>I'm still going to feed the Disney jew more shekels just to confirm what I already know is true

I see each one at least once on general principles, because I have seen every Star Wars film in the theater and I have a vague wish to keep that going. Starting with II, I started going in expecting nothing, and if there was a little something to like, then fine. But I never come to a Star Wars movie with any expectations to begin with, anymore. It's just a cultural exercise that I consent to participate in.

To my pleasant surprise, therefore, I found a few things worth liking in VII and R1. I could stand to re-watch either of those. But I haven't gotten around to it, and I sorta like the autistic cred that I have, in having seen each one exactly once.

I have seen II, III, VII and R1 each exactly once, all in the theater. when I was released I was still a wew lad, so I had to see that one three times before it started sinking in how awful Jar Jar was, how too-opulent the CG was, etc. That was when the delusion started wearing off. II was a total train-wreck after that, of course.

PT a shit. ROTJ is literally and easily better than any one of those entries, or even of the latter-day ones.

I'm done after this trilogy. After that, it's dead

My problem with the new movies has been that there are too many characters and none of them interesting enough. They are adding at least 3 new important characters (that I’ve noticed from ads so far), but they didn’t even give us real reasons to care about half the characters in the last movie yet. The new guys could be good, but if they get 5 minutes of screen time each then I will care even less about seeing IX, no matter how likable or cool their characters are. Just too many pointless characters for me so far, is what I’m saying.

I'm gonna watch
ironically for all of jew jews diversity attempting it just keeps getting whiter

Kylo Ren is literally one of the whitest pastiest guys around
Luke is an old white guy
Rey is white
Poe is white enough
Captain Phasma is white
Everyone else in the first order are basically nazis and looking great
Snoke is a rich white guy
Finn is "diversity"

Star Wars, white pride

muh star wars always had a shit plot and shit characters

it was never good

it was always special effects schlock for children
faggot

And I should care because?

>I am officially done with this franchise
You mean you weren't done with it as soon as they killed off Han? Not to mention shoehorning in social justice horseshit into the film.

>trashes the main characters/lore of the Star Wars saga like ep7 did
I'm sure they will. Those fucks aren't past anything.

Dude, there's not a single follow-up to the original 1977 Star Wars that didn't retcon the living fuck out of previously established lore.

By all means, you can call the new movies shit (because they are), but don't pretend like the writing for this series was ever anything but trash.

>Caring about star wars after prequels ruined everything
wew

>he didn't drop the franchise after TFA
>he didn't drop the franchise after the prequels
You only have yourself to blame

>as soon as they killed off Han?
You do realise that was Harrison's condition for coming back right? He begged George to do it back in ROTJ

Wrong, sorta
He begged George to do it for Empire.

nice blog xD

>Poe is white enough
Made me kek

I heard that he was put in carbonite because he hadn't signed on for the next film, but could be persuaded. He should have done then what he did now: only sign on if Han dies.

Shut the fuck up retarded youngfag

I've realized that Star Wars' true strength is in the universe and characters, not the main plot which is pretty shitty overall.
>Death Star is bad
>Blow up Death Star
>Train to become Jedi
>Another Death Star
>Kill bad guys, blow up Death Star
>Empire v2 builds another death star
>Blow up Death Star
(theorizing zone)
>Train to become Jedi
>Another Death Star
>Kill bad guys, blow up death star
Ironically, the prequels had the best plot, but it was executed terribly.

>Han Solo dead
>Leia dead
>Luke cucked then dead

Fuck off Disney, you will never see any of my shekels again.

I wanna see how they kill Leia tho, cause she apparently wasn't supposed to die in this movie.
watch them do what they did to poor Peter Cushing and CG her in

>I wanna see how they kill Leia
>tho
>watch them do what they did to poor Peter Cushing and CG her in
Stop posting faggot.

let it die

"The Age of Men is OVER!
DEAL WITH IT!" - Kathleen "Rey" Kennedy

Fuck yourself

>and will instead re-read the EU
Is any of it even good? I've read the first volume of Dark Empire so far and it was fucking retarded.

If you were born in the 90s dont bother.

What the hell did I say?

no one cares

Lurk more. The stench of new faggotry hangs from your every post.

>LOTR...I ain't paying money to always see one type of person on screen

But LOTR made like a gazillion dollars

I'm new to this board, but I've been here for years.
I'll lurk more.

Kill yourself newfag

Notice how all the good characters are on the left side like Rey, Finn, BB-8 and the originals?
Then the dark side has Kylo Ren, his guards, Phasma, evil BB-8, and a new ranked officer.
But why is Poe Dameron on the dark side of the poster?

They've gone beyond insulting the originals at this point--the entire premise relies on Luke and Leia being retarded, for starters. But now fucking power levels are a plot point and it's sickening
I just want Kylo to make it out of the trilogy alive and somewhat okay at this point ;_;

Honestly, I don't think it has any real meaning, but I see what you're getting at.
>and a new ranked officer.
That's Hux, the ginger from the last movie.

Return of the Jedi was the last reasonable Star Wars film, and even that was mediocre at best.

Give this shit up, man-children.

...not expecting much from this but that's a good point. Huh.

99% RT

RLM will LOVE it

$1.6 billion box office

Kylo reminds me of Anakin, but not in the way they probably intended.
I like him, and Anakin, for the potential they had. The idea of their characters, although poorly executed, are cool.

RoTJ was ok, and RoTS was better.

Disney's goodwill is blown if this doesn't deliver. People rationalizing the flaws of TFA by telling themselves Disney had to copy ANH to get back on track. That won't work a second time. Heck, people were complaining about the familiar elements in Rogue One and those things made sense there.

Ill see it on the 13th
Hoping they will go the other route and not the ultra safe one like 7

You're part of the problem faggot.

>you will never have Kylo cry on your shoulder over what a colossal fuck up he is

why do I even continue to live no homo

>See TFA on opening night
>See Rogue One after about 2 days of it being out
>Gonna see TLJ whenever it's convenient to me
I'm just not excited anymore. I might not even see the Han Solo movie in theatres.

Well, Kylo really is Anakin. We will fully find out in Ep9.

I get it, this one will either kill it for me or make it

>See TFA on opening night
>See Rogue One after about 2 days of it being out
>Gonna see TLJ whenever it's convenient to me
This was me until the recent trailer with notHoth and Rey making luke look like a bitch, now I'm just debating whether I should even see it or not.

>You do realise that was Harrison's condition for coming back right?
Which is why he should have NEVER been brought back. Ep.7 should have taken place after Luke, Han, and Leia were long gone.
Mark Hammil could have been force ghost Luke, and maybe Carrie Fischer as force ghost Leia.

You're part of the problem faggot

Uh that's youngling thanks

MUH NOSTALGIA THO

Look at this edgy fuck face

I love how Finn is suposed to break the pattern and then they make him the most blabd, serviceable actitude possible. Literally the women MC pet.

How far have blacks fallen since Lando.

The trailer really kills the excitement for the movie.

It's clear as fucking day that he could've been a much better character, but Di$ney shelved any kind of nuance so they could focus on their Plot Princess.

>edgy fuck face
90s born queers were a mistake

You need to work on your bait you gigantic pussy

He should have been an operator and used his real accent. C grade kevin hart doesnt belong in star wars.

Im not baiting. All guys born in the 90s have something wrong with them.

trips of truth

The only redeeming qualities of the original Star Wars are
>groundbreaking special effects
>a plot that's been formulated over thousands of years to be the most crowd-pleasing and generic, but IN SPACE
>muh director's vision muh studio system muh auteurs
It was overwhelmingly a response to and a product of the late 1970s Hollywood scene.

Glad I can enjoy things without being an autist. TFA and R1 were both better than any other Star Wars tv/movies released since the ROTJ. You're in the minority.

>tfw I liked VII and am looking forward to the new one
Am I alone in this? I mean it’s not original trilogy tier but it’s way better than the prequels (except maybe III)

I remember being really excited that a stormtrooper was going to be one of the main characters, really would've made for an interesting character arc and give new perspective on the empire, but now we have watered down ugly female luke and Finn is what you say a C grade Kevin Hart. I think that might of been more disappointing than the whole remake aspect of it, at least there would of been an interesting character to root for.

Revenge of the Shit, more like.

Lmao who cares if it doesnt make sense
Haha who cares if doesnt fit with the other movies
turn your brain off brah
Lmao fuck nerds

Anyone who watches these movies past age 20 is the reason why the west is dying. No coincidence that Sup Forums is always shitposting on Sup Forums about watching children's movies with spaceships and lazer swords while society collapses. Fucking cucks.

Damn, I just got fucked up.

None of the characters feel fully fleshed out, aside from Kylo Ren. Rey in particular is wrapped up in mystery way too much. You only get a vague sense of who she is, and I think that's probably because they wanted to leave her character open enough that they could do anything with her in VIII and IX.

There's also the issue of pacing. Especially in the first act, there's just way too many action sequences that would have been better used to build up some of the new characters. The worst example of this is the giant squid monster chase sequence, which could easily be removed from the film and nothing would be missing.