Whatchu Watchin Son? THE BIG CAPEKINO!

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/guardians-galaxy-vol-2-scores-extremely-rare-100-test-screening-974277

>>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has tested higher than any Marvel Studios movie in the company’s nine-year history. The movie’s score: a perfect 100.

>>Insiders confirm that extremely rare if not unprecedented score, saying the movie, which Disney is set to release May 5, bested the previous top Marvel scorers, Iron Man 3 and Avengers, both of which tested in the high 90s out of 100.

>>All studios conduct audience test screenings of their movies, mostly through a process of recruiting people (sometimes at grocery stores or malls) in areas outside of Los Angeles. The audience is shown the movie and asked to rate using a series of boxes marked excellent, very good, good, fair, and poor that is then scaled. Follow-up questionnaires and discussions also occur.

>>Marvel, however, culls from a more select pool of recruits, what it terms “friends and families screenings.” It’s larger than one might think and still a vigorous testing procedure, not a celebratory reception. It’s one way for Marvel to control security and prevent leaks of either plot spoilers or footage from getting out. And it’s a process Marvel has employed since the first Iron Man.

>>But because the Marvel testing process is not as random as other studio procedures, the 100 score for Guardians 2 is not necessarily able to be compared to other non-Marvel movies. And testing, of course, is a complicated process and not indicative of a movie’s box office performance or reviews.

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/28/zack-snyders-man-of-steel-is-the-best-movie-of-the-year-according-to-early-screenings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>In fact, producers and studio executives caution at putting too much meaning into test scores, pointing out the scores are best at gauging where audiences engage or disengage. “It’s a single tool in a whole toolbox arsenal,” says one producer.

>>Pretty Woman tested in the 70s, according to one former Disney executive, and that romantic comedy went on to become a massive hit and catapulted Julia Roberts to the A-list. Black Swan, the thriller that won Natalie Portman an Oscar, never tested above a 55, according to an insider.

>>Forrest Gump scored 88, which was the highest-testing movie in Paramount's history for a while. Argo, Ben Affleck’s Oscar-winning thriller, scored in the 90s. Horror movies, say executives, tend to test in 60s, although The Conjuring tested at 91.

>>"What an audience enjoys isn't necessarily what it responds to," says another executive who has been through the process.

>>(TV shows also do testing. Glee and Hill Street Blues had low test scores, yet audiences immediately embraced them and both went on to make their mark on pop culture.)

>>Some movies, such as the Transformers sequels, don't test at all, sometimes due to the leeway afforded to filmmakers or because the movie is so special effects-heavy that much of the film isn't done until very late. And some don't test due to secrecy concerns, as is the case with the new Star Wars films.

>>Guardians 2 is heading into the summer aloft with expectations and mighty buzz. The initial movie, released in 2014, was a surprise box office hit, grossing $773 million worldwide and generated wide acclaim, scoring a 92 percent from critics on Rotten Tomatoes.

>>Guardians 2, which reunites director James Gunn with his cast, including Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista, received a significant boost last weekend when its Super Bowl spot was one of the best-received movie ads during the most-watched telecast of the year.

Thats just pathetic. I thought Disney marketing was classier than this

You will never break the chain (of Marvel success).

1b+ in the box office here we go.

This will literally be the Dark Knight of Marvel, or if you prefer, the Quip Knight

fuck off back to your own thread DCuck oh wait that's right you don't have one

fuck off back to your reddit board or whatever the fuck their called

>The movie’s score: a perfect 100.
OK, now we know that Disney bribes critics.

Whereas shills work for free.

I think Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will do great.

Spiderman Homecoming could end up being "good but meh".

Thor Ragnarok could be marmite. I think it could divide opinion.

I'd be way more excited for this if I heard half the audience hated it.

>critics
Did you even read anything other than the title?

Goddamn, hype culture is so stupid. The movie needs to be declared a box office masterpiece even before it comes out.

>critics
It's not critics, it's a test audience of "friends and family" of Marvel studios, and half of the article is about not putting too much into this.
Give your confirmation bias a rest.

It's like when you look at a watch worth $100,000; you automatically know that it's not worth that price.

>a test audience of "friends and family" of Marvel studios
Completely unbiased, I see? Like critics

>OK, now we know that Disney bribes critics.

...Or people are too hyped to see the flaws this film probably has, due to their enjoyment of previous entries in the franchise.

Bribing everyone that sees your movies is expensive even for Disney. It's more likely that a lot of people are just super hyped for the film.

Oh, also, go back to Sup Forums.

>people are too stupid
Fixed.
>Bribing everyone that sees your movies is expensive even for Disney
Nah, they can afford it. It's a good investment.

>audience of 12 y/o
the article failed to mention that

>12 y/o
Mental or physical age?

Good reviews aren't what has made Marvel movies successful, user, it's just compounded that success, so no, it would not be a good investment.

Mahvel has been successful because their films are satisfying to watch and have built up a continuity with a solid fanbase that grows with every new movie.

But yeah return to Sup Forums nerd.

I think it's gonna be
GOTG2
Ragnarok
Homecoming

Everything about Homecoming seems rushed and phoned in.

Ragnarok will be best, Taika Waititi owns.

>Good reviews aren't what has made Marvel movies successful
>shills use RT every time someone dislike the MCU
lol
>their films are satisfying to watch and have built up a continuity with a solid fanbase that grows with every new movie.
Did I already use the term "shills"?
>return to Sup Forums nerd
You first, mouseketeer.

>GotG 2: Now a 30% LELSONRADUMBER
>Thor 3
>another Spider-Man movie
MCU reboot when?

Why? So you can see rushed versions of the origins again?

>You first, mouseketeer.
he says on the Disney board

>MCU reboot when?
when they stop being massive successes

so around the 8th or 9th DC reboot

After IW part 2.

One fucking scene. One fucking scene was LELSO RANDUMB. And even then, it was a distraction.

Point being they are indeed supposed and announced to be biased and you haven't unearthed any conspiracy.

>a solid fanbase that grows with every new movie.

At least they don't lie about their test screenings etc

uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/28/zack-snyders-man-of-steel-is-the-best-movie-of-the-year-according-to-early-screenings

Why do you fags want a reboot so badly? We worked our way to this point, why do you got to repeat the shit we've already seen?

>mouseketeer tries harder
Gotta earn those cents, huh?

I never said I wanted a reboot. And knock it off with this "we" shit. You didn't do anything except buy movie tickets.

it's true though Doctor Strange is the highest grossing MCU debut solo movie

Because every cape universe is doomed to eventually become too complex for the casual audience. And because the MCU is just too formulaic to have any quality.

Yeah, today I was walking down the street and I say a Doctor Strange Fanclub in every corner.

and that ticket helped build the universe we all enjoy and will continue to enjoy for years to come

*I saw

>I am a hero!
Mom and dad are proud of you.

you were doing no such thing

you were sitting in your mom's basement jerking off to little girls and feet and praising Snyder's shit like the rest of Sup Forums

>so mad that I cannot use caps or punctuation

People post the RT scores whenever asshurt DCfags like you appear, because it gets you even madder.

Nigga, Marvel films have a huge following, and their recent solo movie was the highest grossing one yet.

Pointing out that Marvel has built up a continuity and a fanbase that wants to watch that continuity progress isn't shilling. It's plain truth. If they hadn't, these films wouldn't keep topping the box office. Mediocre movies like Thor 2 would NEVER do as well as they did without the inertia Marvel has built.

You may not like it, but people enjoy these films. That is why they are successful.

You know I'm always confused if people who make posts like these think they're being ebin trolls, or if some people are actually dumb enough to think anyone gets paid to post on Sup Forums.

>p-people have the same tastes as me! I'm not a lonely neckbeard!

>critics
You're freaking retarded.

I'm sure Marvel Studios would have gone bankrupt if it weren't for your that $10 you spent on a ticket.

Nope, you do it for free.

Now that's irony.

Ten bucks from his mom, though.

>WB dickrider tears have already started
I love it

I'm not even making a statement of quality, dumbass.

I'm just telling you why these films are successful. It's not because of reviews, plenty of badly reviewed films do amazing and plenty of well reviewed films under-perform. Marvel has simply found a way to get people invested in their characters and continuity, and turn this into a kind of inertia that makes people want to watch more movies set in that continuity.

Y'know, kinda like what both the big two do with cape comics. Except actually successful.

>RT macros
Like clockwork.

>I'm not even making a statement of quality
Of course. The MCU never had any quality, no matter how much you shill it.
>plenty of badly reviewed films do amazing
The MCU, for instance.
>Marvel has simply found a way to get people invested in their characters and continuity
Oh yeah, they also buy the Marvel Guides.

>Marvel has simply found a way to get people invested in their characters and continuity, and turn this into a kind of inertia that makes people want to watch more movies set in that continuity.
In retrospect it's amazing how they managed to do this without their most popular characters. They managed to make fucking Iron Man a household name.

Yeah, but then came Iron Man 2 and everything got fucked.

>and everything got fucked.
In what sense?

Looks fun but I fear they're pandering to the OOGACHAKA market

It's like super gay lmao

Iron Man came out at the time where Marvel's most popular characters (Spider-Man, X-men, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider) were in movies not well received by audiences or critics.

Lack of quality.
>b-but who cares about quality?
Not Disney, that's for sure.

Don't forget
>DUDE MOM FUCKED A PLANET LMAO

>OOGACHAKA market
What does this even mean?

>Spider-Man, X-men
>movies not well received by audiences or critics
Yep, definitely a Disney shill.

Retards.

>The MCU, for instance.

Are you a fucking idiot? The MCU gets good reviews consistently.

The reviews are meaningless. They don't matter, or at least they don't matter as much as people think.

That said, either way, your terrible DC flicks are a million times worse than anything Marvel has made. Even their really bad stuff like Thor 2.

>b-but who cares about quality?
>Not Disney, that's for sure.
Chill out, nigger.

>Lack of quality.
Man, you're just an ungrateful nitpick who just wants to hate on something everyone else likes.

It's bait, the lmao at the end should've told you that.

>Yep, definitely a Disney shill

Are you going to pretend people liked X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3, Ghost Rider and the Fantastic Four films?

It means shit-eating retards who will laugh at something for being random and then claiming thing is GOOD because it made them laugh by being stupid.

>thread made to inform about upcoming marvel movie looking very positive
>"fucking kill yourself! Fuck off back to Sup Forums retarded shitposter!"
Classic DCucks

>The MCU gets good reviews consistently.
Bribed critics, remember.
>The reviews are meaningless
Make up your mind.
>your terrible DC flicks are a million times worse than anything Marvel has made
Have a cent, my boy. You've earned it.

>ungrateful
And you're grateful to Marvel Studios, right? Of course, they gave you this wonderful although unpaid intern job.

Oh, you're just an ungrateful nitpick!

Welp, time to be a good DCfag and hit the gym. Thanks for the tears, mouseketeers; I will drink them between exercise and exercise.

>Iron Man came out at the time where Marvel's most popular characters (Spider-Man, X-men, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider) were in movies not well received by audiences or critics.
Are you implying this somehow helping Iron Man instead of being yet another obstacle it had to overcome?

Look, we all know Disney pay shills.

It's why Force Awakens gets such good reviews, as well as Rogue One and all the MCU films.

There's nothing within that set of films that even comes close to touching the majesty of MoS or BvS and yet the same people sucking Disney's cock are the same ones claiming the DC films are the worst things ever made.

It is so blatantly obvious Disney is paying these people, and the plebeian general public will just parrot what they're told by their favourite jewtubers and 'the majority' and make themselves believe they're thinking the same thing when actually they don't know how they feel about these films, they're just feeling how they think they should feel in order to be 'hip'

Anyone who disagrees or that thinks Marvel is better than DC is either a shill or a colossal mong.

Contrarian: The Post

All this does is show how Disney's internal reports about how well their movies perform with test audiences, MCU or not, should be taken with a grain of salt due to the way that they pool their audience.

That goes for all movies though. The majority of these claims is the marketing department doing their job. I'm even wary of trailers.

>dckeks can't even bait good

Sure, but it's more of a problem if Disney actively creates test audiences comprised of people who have a stake in the company, no matter how loose the connection.

>No one even brought up DC/WB but you still felt the need to mention them.

W E W

Well, it's safe to assume that MCU haters are simply butturt dc niggers.

I have plenty of reasons why I can confirm that's bullshit.

Stop with the company wars, faggot

it wasn't even random

If everyone likes something it's usually not that interesting or good.

>Iron Man 3
>tested in the high 90s out of 100.
but IM3 was probably the worst Marvel movie so far

>probably
Watching Thor: The Dark World should answer that question.

>a series of boxes marked excellent, very good, good, fair, and poor

Isn't that a little leading?
You've got three + responses, a neutral response and a - response.

only if you were a comic book nerd upset about "not muh Mandarin" normies liked IM3 fine

This is the effect of giving enjoyable movies, user. The goodwill snowballs. As opposed to, I dunno, handing everyone the ejaculate of a guy who jacked off all over himself with how thought-provokingly deep the movie he made was.

Then why did the OP even post the fucking article? Oh right, he just wanted to stir up consolewars between you fucking autists.