So amazon are making a Lord of the Rings series

So amazon are making a Lord of the Rings series.

Does this have anything to do with the whole Harvey Weinstein thing going on? Was it him holding on the the creative control? Is it just a big coincidence that this is happening now?

bumparino

This might be the most retarded thread I've ever seen.

I assumed that because Miramax bought the rights to the story years ago it might have something to do with it. Can you just explain to me why i'm wrong?

>Does this have anything to do with the whole Harvey Weinstein thing going on?
I can't imagine weinstein having had anything to do with the making of lotr to begin with. Yes he was an exec producer, but the movie wasbeing made on the other side of the world.

The only thing holding back LOTR related shit is Christopher.

No, it's just Jeff Bezos being desperate for someone to take his videostreaming stuff seriously.

He wants the new GoT but doesn't want to take risk with an unfamiliar franchise so he is trying to do LOTR again.

Oh i didn't realize he was an exec, my bad. Yeah it obviously doesn't have anything to do with him.
That's a shame, I've read The Silmarillion and some of the individual chapters (particular in the Quenta Silmarillion section) have real potential for screen. It would be better if the took a risk in that respect on something new rather then trying to re imagine the world of lotrs

He got PJ the rights but in the end let him do the movie with a different studio more willing to spend a bigger budget.

We Lawd of da Rangz

When do you think the series will be set? Isildur's time? After the events of LOTR? Parallel story about rangers in the North like that video game a while ago?

I just pray they don't try to make a GoT ripoff. If they turn Tolkien into a never ending series of tits and decapitations they'll alienate the entire fanbase

Weinstein was instrumental in the Jackson LOTR adaptation. Even thanked him in his Oscars speech

Most significantly Harvey Weinstein made the films from 2 to 3.

>Most significantly Harvey Weinstein made the films from 2 to 3.
That was New Line.

>inb4 diversity
>inb4 no tom bombadil
>inb4 physical sauron
>inb4 eye

was just watching the fellowship of the rings on AMC lads. two towers is on at 9pm. and then to finish up the trilogy we've got the leprechaun at 1am. why the fuck would you show the first two movies and not the third? talk about anti climactic.

desu i wouldn't mind too much if gondor were central asian since thats more in-line with their culture anyway

and perhaps minas tirith being the super city that it is would have a small but significant immigrant populace, thats not beyond the realm of realism

hell even in the books there are uruk spys in bree who are able to pass off as ugly dudes from somewhere thats not local

but you know they are going to ham it up full diversity quota mode

Imeant rohan in line 1 obviously

He's probably gone senile, explains this new series being developed.

Rohirrim literally have anglo-saxon names and their entire culture is based off of that group. Described as blond haired hair skinned people

Theres a lotr marathon on amc right now, looks like a lot of scenes from the extended cuts too

>If they turn Tolkien into a never ending series of tits and decapitations
If it's not HBO I think we're safe.

Yeah. They're also not being super Jewish with commercials. This is maximum comfy.