This makes me angry

This makes me angry

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yKrXr0v8uBM
youtube.com/watch?v=K4kHiUAjTvQ
theonering.net/torwp/2013/06/03/72359-what-would-the-professor-have-thought-of-peter-jacksons-version-of-the-lord-of-the-rings/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why? It's being done with the Tolkein Estate which is notoriously picky.

Peter Jackson is rolling in his grave

Angry that you fell for clickbait?

SAY IT WITH ME
BLACK LEGOLAS

Wait and see, the marketing revolutionaires will fuck it all up

>Christopher will force them to make a faithful adaptation

I'm okay with this

>We want the meme of thrones audience!

maybe tom bombadil will be in this one

BLACKS IN MY MAN-CHILD PROPERTY?! WHITE GENOCIDE REEEEEE

After seeing this there was hollywood exec that said: That LOTR is great but there isn't enough diversity in it.

Idris Elba should play every character to make it more diverse.

Fill your diversity quota with me please PELASE

>one type of person

seriously?

Amazon makes kino. I hope it turns out to be more faithul to the original than the PJ's version.

Why not tell a different story from the Tolkien universe? The man wrote thousands of years of back story, how about something from the Silmarillion or from the first war of the ring?

The story was basically already perfectly told in the original trilogy. Let's see something else now

calm down, buddy. it'll be ok

What has Amazon even made? I can't think of one

let me guess, you consider yourself a "centrist" even though you only feel the need to sperg out whenever anybody dares attacking SJW bullshit?

Literally a movie about Africans and you choose to make this the one you complain about?

Lotr its the less manchild of fantasies ever written, that demographic wasn't even a thing back then.

I don't get it. There are other fantasy series they could go for, why re-tell a story that everyone and their mother already knows?

What would be your ideal casting, memes and "diversity" aside?

>not available in your country

DANKE MERKEL

>I enjoy black-majority neighborhoods

The Man In The High Castle.

Transparent is the only one I can think of because of Maeby's tits

Because it's the easiest to make money with and the least risky option

The Man In The High Caste

and GoT is a series based mostly on european history and folklore yet that faggot finds the amount of black skin insufficient.

Goliath is pretty good. Based Billy Bob

You think the people trying to make a LotR TV show care at all about expanding the universe or staying true to Tolkien's work?
It's just a cashgrab using a recognisable name

I've read that blacks have low cognitive ability... I'll explain. The point is Boyega was mad GoT and LotR only had "one type of person" but is now happy that Black Panther only has one type of person.

Some would call such people useful idiots of marxism.
youtube.com/watch?v=K4kHiUAjTvQ

Thanks. Might check it out

I'm actually more upset about Tyler Lautner as Boromir

Nobody has ever said they can't get laid because of minorities

They can't get laid because there is no social positives to being an autist/quiet guy anymore

>non autistic shakey awkward hitler

immersion broken

christopher already sold lotr rights to hollywood - this is why the movies were made in the first place

now it's only between WB and amazon

Only silmarillion etc is safe now

Literally every Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and /r9k/ thread

I just figured Christopher and the estate would stop it from becoming a cynical shitshow

Jackson's series made appropriate changes for the medium of film, outside of a few unnecessary kitschy elements

While the length suits it a bit more I can't imagine the series in a TV-format, especially knowing modern trends. It would be an interesting consolation were it to be more "faithful"

>google it
>it's real
>articles defending Boyega because "white boys still have a dozen other Avengers to relate to so they should not cry"
wat

Dude, GoT has tons of non-whites in the books, Tyrion has a whole exposition scene where he explains the three skin colors of Dorne, the Summer Isles have black people, Bravos was founded by a mix of escaped slaves, the Dothraki are a mix of Mongols and Native Americans.

look at his fingers on his knee, he's playing a rhythm or a song in his mind.

What was his condition again? Did he parkinson's or something?

aspergers and meth

And literally all of those people are portrayed in the show too, as well as changing a bunch of white characters to black as well. So what's the problem?

christopher doesnt hold the rights on lotr and hobbit

and btw if jackson did like christopher advised back in the day we wouldnt have had the battle of helm's deep. We wanted to cut it out

hope he gets better lawyers for the contract this time so he doesn't get jewed out of money like he did with the LotR movies where the studio used jew math to claim they didn't make a profit so they didn't have to give him his share

each book should be a season for a total of 6 seasons

*He wanted

What was wrong with the battle of helm's deep?

really bothered that the Dothraki weren't a solid ethnic group, it seemed really cheap with the "mixed slaves" shit, they're described as a very distinct looking and looking similar to their eastern pastoral neighbors

He literally says "I ain't paying money to always see one type of person on-screen" (referring to race), then does a complete 180 when that one type of person is black because "it's about time". You can't tell me that's not hypocrisy man, there's just no two ways about it.

nobody can beat u senpai

It has tons of non-whites in the show as well. It was a pretty shitty example of a show lacking diversity, but hey he got his name in the headlines so mission accomplished

adapt your own literature, you fucking feral monkeys.

>He even suggested cutting out the battle of the Hornburg (Helm’s Deep), “which is incidental to the main story; and there would be this additional gain that we are going to have a big battle (of which as much should be made as possible), but battles tend to be too similar; the big one would gain by having no competitor.

theonering.net/torwp/2013/06/03/72359-what-would-the-professor-have-thought-of-peter-jacksons-version-of-the-lord-of-the-rings/

both are pathetic
t. radical centrist

YUS MORE HAPPIES PLEASE

Underrated

Underrated post.

It doesn't help that Jackson gutted all the tension/build-up to Helm's Deep with that shitty warg skirmish/fake Aragorn death.

I really enjoy seeing this funny and epic meme everywhere now. Did you make it last week or something? You might want to work on forming actual sentences if you want people to take it seriously.

[Flaming t shirt intensifies]

i think it was parkinson's, yeah.

I recently watched LotR and you are wrong. Just the scene in the first movie with the elf girl going into 2deep chanting to bring forth a burst of water that for some reason assumed the shape of running ponies was enough to fill my cringe meter for the whole month.

pay no attention to him. mongs like this will argue that black is white and up is down to defend some stupid shit a nigger said.

Read the books, you mong

Can't, I'm too dumb for books

>Gary Oldman as Gandalf
>Charles Dance as Saruman
>Goose as Faramir
it's hard to come up with anyone young enough for the rest desu but that's off the top of my head

The fact that people like yourself actually use the word cringe, unironically, says more about your maturity than any particular fictional genre you prefer. Most adults tend to grow out of finding external things or situations personally embarrassing by their late teens or early twenties at most.

Im not even kidding when I say Finn from Stranger Things should play a hobbit. dunno which one, but he could probably pull it off.

>Why not tell a different story from the Tolkien universe?

It would have been possible in 2006 or so but these days people only want reboots/nostalgia. Risk-taking is dead in an indutsry of cinematic universes and Disney domination purely from sticking to formulas

tfw frodo/Sam will finally be maintext

I cant find any evidence JJ ever said this outside of pol. Source?

I don't understand, are you disagreeing, are you saying that scene was not silly and it completely belongs in a series labeled as 'mature'? You're just attacking me for no reason there, like what am I even supposed to say now.

>BLACKS IN MY MAN-CHILD PROPERTY?! WHITE GENOCIDE REEEEEE
Calm down buddy, it'll be OK.

why should there only be blacks in a fictional country? there are apperently plenty of different races in asgard which is literally plagiarized from norse mythology

Best scenario would be a mini-series focusing on the fall and defeat of Morgoth

isn't Frodo supposed to be 60 or something n the books? I don't think you have to cast young, and Finn would be way way way to young.

Jesse Eisenberg as Frodo

>Having to have the character have the same skin colour as you to be able to enjoy a film.

The fuck is wrong with this guy?

now this is a piece that the estate controls and will never sell, thank god

literally Sup Forums, you chimp out over everything that has blacks in it

Is this showing him while he's watching the horse racing? He's bobbing up and down as though he is so deeply entrenched in the race. I mean really, here is a dude that was entirely irrelevant a few years prior and was in jail a decade before that for his political beliefs, and now he's the leader of a Germany that is able to host the Olympics when it was unable to even stabilize its own currency a decade prior

elijah wood was like 18 when they started filming, you would be getting somebody like Tom Holland

Stories with christian themes (the rebellious Lucifer who turned into Satan) are pretty hard to sell to millenials and I doubt marketing (((people))) care about it

B- but it's for different reasons when I do it

>you chimp out over everything that has blacks in it
>projecting

but I don't you pillock try harder

I honestly do not remember, it's been a couple years since I've read the books. but aren't Hobbits incredibly youthful looking as a whole?

>muh j00z

harvey weinstein is literally the reason the LOTR trilogy happened in the first place