What a beautiful movie. too bad Boyle fucked it up so bad...

what a beautiful movie. too bad Boyle fucked it up so bad. literally what the fuck were they thinking turning this into a bargain-bin monster movie at the end? it would have been fine as a space exploration thriller thing with no weird sci-fi bullshit. it was a fucking manned mission to the sun, and they seriously couldn't come up with a final plot point and ending besides le superpower mutant guy???? a 9/10 movie that became 6/10 or lower in that last act. what a fucking waste.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z_kyu4JhlXI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So this giant 16km wide cube of fissile material is now at the surface of the sun, right? And somehow, inside this payload cube, the computers and electronics and air-conditioning are working just fine so that the 3 human beings left alive are still nice and comfy in their 72 degrees Fahrenheit enivronments.

And then at the end, the hero is standing on his gantry walkway as his mini big bang starts kicking into gear, and the ACTUAL SUN ITSELF starts burning through the walls, but our hero stays alive and puts his hands up to the flames itself? He's inside the sun and looking at the pretty flames? Wearing jeans and a t-shirt? All this, after many earlier moments in the film instantly burnt stuff because they were now so close to the sun?

This is a film that should never have been made. It started out with promise, and went down hill the moment they diverted their mission. The ending was PISS WEAK.

So how would you have ended it?

I hear you. But first 3/4s were so good, the ending didn't really matter.

I don't fuckingknow I'm not a screenwriter. But the first 75% of the movie was all about the conflict and tension among the crew and them trying to keep the fucking ship in tact and the human drama of them trying to logically figure stuff out and whether they are going to sacrifice themselves and how to complete the mission. it was an excellent setup about brave people going on basically a suicide mission to save humanity and them having to figure that shit out along the way. then all the sudden it's a fucking monster movie??? it literally feels like the screenwriter got bored toward the end of writing the fucking thing and handed the script to his autistic child to finish.

And then shoehorn what was to become the most over used score of all time

This films 3rd act is a pleb filter. I love seeing you retards get this confused and buttblasted.

this. 3rd act is full of great scenes

explain please

Polish up on your ancient mythology buddy. Start with Icarus.

scratch that, i just came up with a 10/10 ending in about 2 minutes of pondering.

they could have just been like omg guys remember that solar flare shit that melted half the ship and roasted the gardens and shit, well yeah that shit fucked up whatever device on the ship that was supposed to launch the bomb into the sun. oh fuck, the only way to save Earth and all human life is for us to drive this entire fucking ship into the sun along with the bomb. then that coward second in command asswipe would have shit his pants and freaked out about dying, so Captain America and that samurai looking motherfucker kick his ass and lock bitchboi in his room or med bay. then the crew tells the computer to set a course for the heart of the sun. and then Rose Byrne and that creepy looking fucker go up to their room and fuck each other one as the ship flies cinematicly into the sun and explodes. show a scene back on Earth of the warmth returning. roll credits. THE END. fuck you Boyle

Have the Icarus II be the Icarus I and have the ship slowly fall apart the closer they get to the Sun.

No one goes crazy, but crew members start dying because of accidents and stuff as they desperately try their best to make repairs, like restarting the ship's engines, maintaining the shield, etc.

Then the movie ends ambiguously, meaning the payload goes off, but we don't know if it even worked or not.

How is that pleb filter if that is stated directly in the film?
I thought you had something of substance to say.

Also see here Do you have any patrician remarks about that?

Brainlet, they were moving so fast under so much gravitational shift that the instant the cube detonated would have been instantaneous to anyone watching from a distance but felt like minutes to the people inside

Also, the visible surface of the sun is basically like super fucking hot clouds that you would fall through, you have to go deeper before it starts turning into a more solid state

Thanks for making this thread, I feel EXACTLY the same way. I can't remember being more disappointed in a movie than this.

you're dumber than i thought user.

The last act isn't that bad. It turned into a slasher movie, but it's a decent slasher movie.

youtu.be/z_kyu4JhlXI

for people who hate the ending

Then why weren't they crushed instantly by the massive gravity?

BASED KANEDA

Icarus didn't end with a superpower mutant christfag bad guy hunting down the remaining crew members. It was undoubtedly a shitty ending to an otherwise decent flick.

>too stupid to get the second half

How would you have end it, Sup Forums?

Gravitational shift =/= gravitational load user

Fun fact; If someone fell into a black hole they don't die from being crushed, they die from being stretched.

Same way. The entire build up for the first 3/4 of the movie is towards the psychological impact of the sun itself and towards the mystery that ended the first Icarus mission.

How does someone looking at the sun make them a super-mutant again?

>he didnt get it

He's not super mutant, he's just insane and burnt

What did he see?

Well near the beginning of the movie I wouldve had Capa (Murphy)give a map to some stoners, showing them how to get to the sun.
This sets up the whole third act; the stoners turn up on the neighboring sun, Cassie (Byrne) scans their ship and sees that they have a copy of the map in their data system and orders Capa to observe them until they cross over, then intercept them and destroy it.
Isolated from the group, Capa begins to lose his sanity, stalking the cannabis growing pirates space station and imagining is a space commando. The stoners reach the Icarus II but are discovered and killed by the farmers. Shocked at witnessing their deaths, Capa tries to gather Cassie and Mace (Evans) to leave the Icarus II. Mace refuses to leave Corazon (Yeoh) - who was badly injured in a fight with Pinbacker, so Capa euthanizes Corazon by suffocation.
Capa is captured by the cannabis farmer space pirates and brought before the Icarus II crew members. The lead pirate gives Cassie a gun loaded with a single bullet and orders her to make a choice: kill Capa and the group will be allowed to stay, or else they must all leave immediately. Cassie pulls the trigger, but the chamber is empty. Shocked by her willingness to commit murder, the crew abandons Cassie, leaving the ship drift into the suns gravity.
Back on the frozen Sydney Harbour, Capa's sister witnesses the sun returning to its full power.

ITT: brainlets
Did the fact that the movie centers around scientists trying to literally reignite sun only to be hindered by a religious fanatic go over your heads?

I don't get posts like this, is it just bait or are you seriously bitching about this movie about the same thing everyone else has already said?

>the last man
>alone with god
>am I that man?

I just watched it for the first time, and I've never seen a post about this piece of trash. sorry. you gonna downvote me for unoriginal content redditlord?

tldr i aint reading all that shit nigga

What the fuck was up with this movie making it seem as if looking directly into the sun is some metaphysical experience? Nigga, you can't see anything and you'll just blind yourself.

retard

this