Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yrTBc0Gc1sc
strawpoll.me/14246095
popmatters.com/star-trek-discovery-dazzles-but-fails-to-engage-2497172172.html
youtube.com/watch?v=T-EoyUtdLdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DIS is /ourshow/

The show is called DIS, or DSC, or DSG, or DISCO, or DISCOVERY. We voted. The people spoke.

Your childish potty humor isn't funny.

One of the writers for TNG and DS9 just gushed over how good The Orville is and how bad DSG is.

youtube.com/watch?v=yrTBc0Gc1sc

Agreed

>Your threat ganglia tell a different story white boi

Please vote. The polls will close in 15 minutes and the winner will bet the official new canon acronym for all time.

strawpoll.me/14246095

Since this show is being written by obvious SJW's, how are the writers going to deal with "Pon Far"?

>average DISCO thread

>Great again

DIS has always been great

There still are alot of haters from FOX trying to get fans not to call it STD because they want to divide the Star Trek community who all chose STD since we support diversity.

>strawpoll.me/14246095
LMFAO almost 4000 votes for "other" obviously STD.

I love S*D!

Um no sweetie, Other = /DSG/

Not calling the show STD is offensive to people with STD's because it is saying STD is a bad thing so faggots with AIDS are bad things. California Disagrees, because now you can infect your lover with Aids without telling them and it's only a misdemeanor now with a $100 fine.

uhhh STD is not a negative thing, just saying that shows how your creating a toxic environment which drove off most fans of star trek and why all the real Trek fans like me who have watched the show for over 20 years call it STD because the show does what Trek always failed to do and that is generate positive inclusivity for LGBTQW+ people

I would say that you viewing STD's as a positive (pun intended) is the reason you will have AIDs in the future but we both know it will be from sucking a dick.

STD I understand.

DIS I understand.

DSC I understand.

DIS I understand.

DISCO I understand.

DISCOVERY I understand.

But I don't understand DSG.

Discovery Star Galactica

DiScovery General

Why is Michael such an autist?

>initials are literally STD
What a shitshow, it's honestly horrible. Orville is better and that's just pathetic.

stop posting his hag

>Star
>Trek
>Discovery
>STD
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Running in place in front of a greenscreen

Wait. I am absolutely positive the writers don't know what "Pon Farr" is. It will not be a topic on the show.

wtf I love DSG now

Sorry FOX shill but STD is the best show out there right now. Cant argue with science which is declaring GoT and TWD both dead series now that the cool kid on the block is STD because it has diversity.

many people in South America call the show Disgovery hence the DSG being popular there.

>orville ranking at all

seth being carried by the power of alara. it's truly sad how much they have to shill everywhere.

That pic is bullshit, user
It's even worse than you image

no its a full set user

So she just runs like an idiot . . either way.

look guys we got a Fox shill here trying to downplay the greatest show on TV that has hit the airwaves in the last 10 years with the reviews to prove it from all the top critics who said it was a solid 10/10 before ever even seeing the show because it had diversity.

Give it up snoreshills, while your viewers are falling asleep from you sucking on the fumes of the hit phenomenon STD, STD got renewed and will dance on the grave of orville!

>DIS, or DSC, or DSG, or DISCO, or DISCOVERY all stand for discovery Channel
Star Trek Discovery is known as STD

t. CBS shill

Looks like STD is being set up to take place in the mirror universe, notice how the creators are using mirrors to travel back and forth to the mirror universe.

Star Trek: Disgovery

notice how the mirror is the poor writer's copout for illustrating "mirror universes"

are they even trying?

>are they even trying?

are you even trying?

>STD is the MIRROR UNIVERSE
This is one of the shittier "fan" theories.

When are we getting a ptsd 'nam war veteran lorca episode?

WHY DOES DATA AGE?!

Soon enough I hope.

If you want to talk about TNG, go to the Orville thread.

Who fucking cares? TNG at first sucked ass, and later had quite a few boring af episodes. You can skip a good third of TNG and not miss a thing.

Or they're going to have episodes that involve the mirror universe. Which is the more likely scenario.

it is still Star Trek buddy

I'm not your buddy, guy.

>Discovery finds itself mired in re-imagining characters, settings, technology, and even costuming to the detriment of its own narrative, and its larger connection to the Star Trek universe.

>Further, it can't just be a good story; it has to be a good Star Trek story. The essential question for Star Trek: Discovery shouldn't have been how it looks, but what it means.

>Star Trek: Discovery isn't the Star Trek we need right now; that is, a Star Trek focused on inspiration and discovery. Discovery focuses instead on war, offering a mirror of contemporary culture instead of a telescope to a better future.

'Star Trek: Discovery' Dazzles, But Fails to Engage
popmatters.com/star-trek-discovery-dazzles-but-fails-to-engage-2497172172.html

The thing is people don't want a "telescope to a better future" right now. They want to fantasies about fighting in a war, fighting as the "resistance." It's why Harry Potter and Star Wars are so heavily referenced these days in politics. People don't want to be told everything will be okay, even if it's what they need to hear, even if it's the truth.

From where do you come that you can speak so confidently about what "people" want?

I don't get the latest episode. It was a time loop that reset every 30 minutes, but for some reason they HAD to talk to the security guy within the first 2 mins at the disco to find out how to end it. On top of that, it had to be flirted out of him. If they didn't get the answer in 2 mins they just did nothing for the other final 28, just accepted everyone will horribly die again

Why? Why can no one go up to him and ask him the fucking question outside of the disco? Worse still, why didn't the fucking doctor ask him since he is the one that remembers everything? That would have saved the trouble of convincing Michael who in turn had to convince the security guy...

I could try to rationalize it to you. But, frankly, I'm tired.
So, short answer: shit writing

Personal observations, the same place the author of the article I was responding to was coming from when he was talking about what people wanted.

The author as far as I see made no claims to knowledge of what people wanted. And single individual's experience are a terrible metric to gauge anything by, especially in a sample size this large (population of NA, if not the world).

STD IS SEXUALLY DISEASE and that is what the show is so it fits!

Grow up user

you grow up, its funny

>The author as far as I see made no claims to knowledge of what people wanted

>Further, it can't just be a good story; it has to be a good Star Trek story.

>Star Trek: Discovery isn't the Star Trek we need right now; that is, a Star Trek focused on inspiration and discovery.

Article author talks about what people want/need.

the ship looks like a fidget spinner lmAO

First quote is about what they personally think the show has done that has not served it well.

Second quote discusses what society needs, not what people want. Those are two different things and not at all the claim you made as an attempt to pass off your own beliefs as indicative as the veiwing populace as a whole. I can already tell you are going to plant your feet and act like an ass rather than address the issue at hand. Feel free not to reply; I for one will not be.

Both quotes are about what people want and need. You were wrong on the Internet.

I love S*D!

>page 8
Helmsman, set a course to page 1. Maximum warp.

LET
IT
DIE

Glad we're finally getting real diversity in Star Trek.

that show was made in the sixties for fuck sake

>Shatner
>American
I say this every time.

also disregards sulu and belittles uhura. Real "progressive"

actually the first interracial romance scene in h istory of film and television but okay, try to pretend it wasnt progressive, 50 years before you cucks ever pretended to be SJWs and struggle with identity politics when it really mattered

>vulcan
>white

and for that matter
>jew
>white

It wasn't the first interracial romance scene in the history of film and television. Here's a copypaste from Wikipedia on the subject:

>The first interracial kiss on television seems to have occurred years earlier on British television on February 1, 1959, in the UK on the ITV Armchair Theatre adaptation of Ted Willis's play Hot Summer Night.[4][5] A later broadcast,You in Your Small Corner, featured a kiss between black actor Lloyd Reckord and white actress Elizabeth MacLennan, and was broadcast live on the UK's ITV channel in June 1962.[6] Another such kiss occurred in 1966, when in The Wild Wild West, James T. West (Robert Conrad) and Princess Ching Ling (Pilar Seurat), shared a white and Asian interracial kiss ("The Night the Dragon Screamed", aired Jan 14 1966).[citation needed] In the same year on I Spy, Kelly Robinson (Robert Culp) and Sam (France Nuyen) also had a white and Asian interracial kiss ("The Tiger", aired 1966 Jan 5).[citation needed] There had also been a kiss between Sammy Davis, Jr. and Nancy Sinatra on Movin' with Nancy in 1967, a year before "Plato's Stepchildren" aired.[7]

STD Diversity is the worst show ever made

But it was never great to start with.

>time loop

This episode made my dick hard, so I'm going to try and explain this the best I can for you and for this guy as well who projects his limitations onto the series he's watching. Spoiler: It's not shit writing. It's shit you.

The most interesting thing about this is how you indirectly follow the guy observing the temporal loop. Anyway, the loop begins during the party signified by the lights flickering, which is why Tyler, the security guy, had to be confronted then and there. Given the fact that no one remembers the previous loops except for Mud and spore scientist guy, spore guy had to adjust his behavior each loop to eventually extract better outcomes each time. After discovering Mud's aim, spore guy had to deal with something common in time travel theory: constants i.e. things that necessarily MUST happen in order advance the timeline in a significant and/or alternative way. You can only imagine how many attempts took place, possibly over 100, to finally understand that Michael necessarily had to engage Tyler during the party in order to change events. The idea is that time wants to happen as originally intended given all factors and variables in place, some having more significance than others. So:

>Why can no one go up to him and ask him the fucking question outside of the disco?

The loops starts in the disco.

>why didn't the fucking doctor ask him since he is the one that remembers everything?

He tried that likely numerous times and it didn't work.

The idea is that given no one else could observe the phenomena of temporal displacement besides the spore guy, no one was going to believe him unless he took advantage of other's personal connections. Because Tyler cares about Michael, he was just more likely to hear her out than some dude he barely knows with an outrageous story.

But this shit is pretty obvious. You should probably just rewatch the episode.

This is imo shitiest star trek.
Orvile in comparision to std is marsterpiece.

youtube.com/watch?v=T-EoyUtdLdc

I think if I could change one thing about Discovery it's that Burnham is literally Season 1 Wesley.
You know what is customary for trek? That not one faggot carries the whole ship. Sometimes one faggot in engineering know how to solve that evil virus eating the ship, sometimes an otherwise useless fucking empath senses that the being is not really hostile. Point is: SOMEONE comes up with the solution. On TOS, Not every conflict is solved by Kirk, on TNG not every problem is solved by Picard, but on Discovery every solution or plot point comes directly or at least partly from Burnham.
SHE was the one with the plans for the klingons (first fight then capture then kill for some fucking reason), She was the one to trick the space bear to escape, she was the one to notice the space bear is just a cuddly friend in pain, she was the one and so on and so on, everything is fucking Burnham, no one else does ANYTHING on this fucking ship and worst of all, when it was PAULS FUCKING TIME TO SHINE because he was the ONLY one who could have saved the ship Butterfly effect style from Mudd, did he get his well deserved episode? DID HE BOLLOCKS, all he did was serve as a fucking cataclyst to tell BURNHAM to save the god damn day. Because it has to be Burnham. Burnham Burnham Burnham. I can forgive most of the shit this show pulls (which is a lot) but if you wanted to make a show about just one character, don't make it fucking Star Trek.

No, it's called STD because that's the direct abbreviation of it. It sucks for Trek, but that's what it is.

>I think if I could change one thing about Discovery it's that Burnham is literally Season 1 Wesley.
Burnham isn't nearly as bad as Wesley and has actually grown as a character.

>at no time could stamets get a phase and hold tyler hostage and say gimme your secret faggot then use it to martial the ship against mud
>instead lets rely on the secret that the most unlikable black chick in the universe raised on a planet surrounded by non-humans then jammed into a highly demanding job has never been in love

episode was trash for various reasons
another instance of STD's style over substance, but sorry showing us 5 scenes of the same death sequence in different colors doesn't let you skate by having a shitty show

>the underages calling it "STD" are such a staggeringly small minority that these threads can no longer sustain themselves now that all the adults thread
pyrrhic victory thread?

For me, what makes STD such a pile of crap is:

Captain is unlikeable;
Burnhim is unlikeable;
Ginger girl is unlikeable;
Tall hoofman is unlikeable;
Gay albino is unlikeable;
Gay doctor is a non-character;
Mudd is a joke character completely out of place in an apparent attempt at making Star Trek into a serious drama;
The apparent attempt to turn Star Trek into a serious drama;
The gaping plot-holes, canon-rape and inappropriate technology;
The retarded behaviour of the most capable and highly trained individuals;
Swearing;
That fucking party;
It's another prequel, fuck the past, move on;
The serial nature - Star trek was best for me as a bunch of stand-alone episodes of the week;

Positive - it looks nice. Glitter on a turd.

But she is. Every problem she solves. Just like wesley did. Wesley was even more terrible because he was a kid that build tractor / repulsor beams for fun, and can look top tier engineers over the shoulder and be like "Oh this is wrong, wait I'll fix it"
Burnham is much the same. Why is she with the empathic connection to the bear? Paul would have been A better and B more meaningful considering his DNA mix "sacrifice" with the bear. But no, Burnham is the hero. Show should be called Star Trek: Burnham.
The whole conflict with Sarek: not only did she bring it up, she also found it AND resolved it, the guy has a couple hundred years on her but she's running laps around him. Still has something to learn from little old her *wipes away tear*
No seriously ever episode has HER being the hero / main focus somehow even when she shouldn't be and I'm so sick of watching Michael burnham: The Show.

Like I said, the worst for me was when Paul wasn't affected by the time loop. I was SO hype for a Paul episode. Just FINALLY someone solve some shit without being burnham but noooooo they managed to even make that ALL about burnham.

>Mudd is a joke character completely out of place in an apparent attempt at making Star Trek into a serious drama;
For real. When they brought him up I was thinking "oh so we're gonna have a bit of silliness? Cool this show has been way too serious so far" but NOPE. He is srs bsns space criminal now. Not an ounce of fucking self awareness.

>ITT: Butthurt haters hate on "STD" even though it's the #1 Sci-Fiction Show Of All Time

>#1 Sci-Fiction Show Of All Time
According to what measure?

Social media impressions.

Viewers, viewer ratings, and critical ratings

Far, FAR and away #1 by all those metrics

see

>Every problem she solves.
Not at all.

Episode 7: Stemets is the one who figures out they're in a time loop. He uses Burnham to get Ash to go along with him, and then Ash is the one who rewires the computer to trap Mudd. Lorca makes the deal that traps Mudd.

Episode 6: Burnham solves the problem with the help of Ash and Tilly.

Episode 5: Lorca and Ash are the ones who save themselves from the Klingons. Stamets is the one who solves the problem of the Ripper being a slave.

Episode 4: Burnham figures out that the Ripper is the key to the spore engine. Stamets makes it work.

Episode 3: Burnham saves the away team from the Ripper. Other people actually capture the Ripper (unseen, off-screen).

Episode 2: Burnham saves herself from prison. Georgiou comes up with the plan to plant a bomb in one of the klingon corpses as they're tractoring them to the ship. Burnham comes up with a plan to capture T'Kuvma but fails big time and ultimately not only fails to solve the problem, but also makes the problem worse by getting her captain killed and killing T'Kuvma.

Episode 1: Georgiou gets herself and Burnham off the planet. Burnham fails to solve any problems here and just makes shit worse for herself by attacking her captain (who she also fails at knocking out for a long enough time period).

She solves some problems but not all of them, and she also fucks up and makes shit worse.

shills
viewing figures?
does this mean that mcdonalds is the best food in the world because many people go there?
fucking retard

Also I forgot to add: She doesn't really grow. She's mopey all the time and then decides: "well this guy likes me and I like him so I guess singlehandedly starting a war at the cost of my old captain and lots of my old crew as well as thousands of otters in that battle and the battles to come isn't that bad" She hasn't grown so much as they just flipped a fucking switch with her.

nice ignoring 2/3 of my post about the widespread critical and audience acclaim

they're wrong, and or idiots. It's shit, and only and idiot would think othrwise

Nielsen isn't an accurate measure of a shows popularity anymore.

So many people watch things online, with friends, on Netflix, on TV, or in later weeks that an accurate viewership count is impossible to gather these days.

The amount of social media impressions is a much better measure of a shows popularity and influence on the genre.

DIS has so many social media impressions that it threatens to unseat HBO's Game of Thrones.

Ep 7:
Despite Sternets being to one that could save the ship his only role is to inform Burnham so Burnham can save the day. Ultimately the deal and everything works JUST because of Burnham because everything HAS to revolve around Burnham.

Ep 6: Ash and Tilly are basically just vehicles to get Burnham there. I can forgive them for this one because this was the supposedly burnham centric episode, but still.

Ep5: Burnham the supposedly Vulcan minded logic machine is the only one realizing that they're hurting the Ripper and no one believes her or cares. Stamets "sacrifices" his body but all just because once again Burnham was the one to set all these events in motion. "go save it's life burnham, that's an order"

Ep 4
See above. Burnham is the one figuring all this shit out, even thought it would have made much more sense for Stamets to do so because it was HIS field, it was HIS drive, it was HIS spores, HE'S the one that's gonna fuse with it, but no she has to notice it

ep 3:
aye. the whole: "Damnit Burnham you're a maverick cop and you're off the force for your dangerous and unorthodox methods!" "ok Burnham now that you're fired you're JUST the right man for this special secret team we've put together." Star Trek: Copmovie.
Ep 2:
Yes Burnham fucking TRICKS the computer into letting her out of prison. Otherwise you are right, she has the admittedly great Idea of Capturing the Klingon (let's face it, if they attacked like she initially wanted they would have held him a hero and united for sure, with him captured they would be disgusted with anything he ever came up with as a plan), BUT SHE FUCKING SETS HER PHASER TO KILL BECAUSE MUH EMOTIONS making the death of her captain pointless and spiraling the federation and klingons into a war she could have prevented.

Ep 1:
The whole planet thing was retarded top to fucking bottom. She doesn't do much meaningful shit but when they encounter an object they can't scan, Burnham goes: "hold mah beer imma walk"

This guy is the man. Revenge lvl 999.
Spacey wanted to come inside him, and now he is the one who came into Space. In a Star Trek show. He only tool this role to show him. Not only did he come inside Space, he also has STD now. So it's safe to say he gave Spacey an STD.

She's /ourgirl/, sweetie

Not an argument