Betty and Veronica give Chuck Clayton a roofie, handcuff him, and boil him in a hot tub

>Betty and Veronica give Chuck Clayton a roofie, handcuff him, and boil him in a hot tub

>tfw you will never see the Dan De Carlo version of the scene

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sticky Maple
youtube.com/watch?v=jJgDdNoHFuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>giving Betty black hair
That's like missing the whole point

It was a wig she wore for that one scene. She's a blonde qt the rest of the time.

more like you missed the whole point that she's not Betty

That's her dom persona

Can someone post the Veronica gif or webm from last week's episode? Trying to convince my buddy to watch the show, but I don't have it on my phone, and that's all it will take.

Which one?

>wanting Dan De Carlo versions of scenes from Riverdale
>not choosing Archie and Miss Grundy's camping trips

Sorry, the dance one.

It's "other Betty"

Yo I don't even care for Archie or this trainwreak of a show but Black Haired Betty with that necklace thing that all the tumblr girls wear objectively more cute than Blond Bettey. You can't debunk this.

Just search through desu for the previous talkback thread.

Hotter mahbe, but not cuter.

Why not both

>Debunk

My niggah, you need to learn yourself some english, 'cuz that don't mean what you want it to mean.

FUck off dad you can't tell me what words are

meant for

>trainwreak of a show

This show is great. Maximum comfy.

Blonde Betty is the girl you take long walks on the beach with.
Dark Betty is the girl that makes you have to buy new sheets.

the show is terrible, but in a fun way

>see dark haired half naked chick in OP while scrolling by
>betty and veronica wtf?
>google it
>Riverdale is a real thing
the fuck man

have you not noticed that real life has become a parody of itself?

the only thing I been noticing is that every year I grow over 30 my testicles drop another quarter inch. im up to 6 inches dangling.

but now to find the reruns of the show to see what I missed

Agreed.

>Long walks on the beach
Do people under 40 still do that?

people who live near beaches do

It is surprisingly watchable.

Yeah if you live by the beach. People go jogging and shit.

Surely someone can pull off a style close to Dan DeCarlo's and draw that

>It's a writers pretend girls don't slut shame other girls constantly episode

what???

nigga Betty's mom does it

Yeah, but in real life they wouldn't form a coalition to find some imaginary book full of slut shaming points that the football players have for some reason.

Cheryl taking part in the book hunt was a bit weird but having a book keeping score about how many times they scored isn't that far-fetched

>having a book keeping score about how many times they scored isn't that far-fetched

It kinda is. This is something a writer who doesn't remember high school would come up with. It's like Law and Order: SVU levels of cartoonish "ripped-from-the-headlines" villainy.

>Sticky Maple
>When you use Maple Syrup as a lubricant when you fuck a girl and then eat her out after you cum inside of her.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sticky Maple

>you will never be roofied, handcuffed, and boiled in a hot tub by two hot high school girls
just end my life

this somehow slut shames the girl, and the guy receives no backlash from eating his own cum?

>this somehow slut shames the girl, and the guy receives no backlash from eating his own cum?

b-but it's with syrup!

wut?

Some guy jerked off onto a picture of Veronica then posted it on Instagram and said he "sticky mapled" her.

The girls at school started calling Veronica a slut. And it turns out him and his group of friends started similar rumors about other girls at school. So Betty and Veronica drugged him, handcuffed him in a hot tub and kept turning the heat up until he admitted it and apologized. Then Betty went crazy started calling herself Polly and poured maple syrup on his head then forced him underneath the water with her heel.

sounds like a good way to cause a yeast infection

That's not Betty.
That's her sister Polly.

It's called a choker. Ballerinas wore them back in the day to show they were... available for private showings.

that is just terrible

This episode was definitely the weakest, but the show actually isn't that bad.

Cheryl took part, because she didn't like to think that anyone was besmirching Jason's name.

He didnt cum on the photo its supposed to signify that he fucked her and blew his load on her face. (hes black therefore his jizz is brown, wtf CW)

So he literally poured syrup on it?
There was definitely something on it and I just assumed he came on it.

he just photoshopped it in

I need screenshots of Cheryl in those boots.

for reasons

>that whole sentence
Wtf is going on in this show, I thought this was based on archie, a slice of life comic, the fuck is this shit? Sidenote, I've never read the archie comics, is it like this?

Yeah kind of.
Archie has a bunch of crazy stories like the time they met Predator or the time they had a fucking zombie apocalypse where everyone died and Sabrina the Teenaged Witch got married to Cthulhu.

Archie: Murder Mystery isn't that out there.

The main comics are just white upper-middle-class teen bullshit. They have spinoffs where like Punisher comes to town, and shit like though.

The sticky maple thing was just a substitute for semen. They couldn't show shopped cum on pics, so they went with something similar even though there is no established thing like that. They can just say it was a meme thing in Riverdale that one idiot started.

I found it funny that they were slut shaming and none of the girls even put out. They only made out at worst.

They also changed Ethel from a tall gawky uggo into a lardass.

Wasn't the point that they were called sluts because the football players spread untrue rumors about them?

Yeah, just struck me as odd that they got as much credibility as they did. I figured someone would actually realize none of the girls admitted to doing much of anything and shatter the guys self esteem.

I also thought Chuck was a dumbass. Veronica was mad at him, Betty was mad at him. Betty asks him out, okay, that's a bit weird. Then Veronica is there to greet him in a swimsuit? That should have told him something wasn't right.

Then again, it is about teenagers and hormones and such and making stupid decisions. Like Archie.

Yeah that whole scene was awful. Anyone with a brain would have figured out something was up from moment Betty started talking about "being a bad girl" or whatever it was she said.

Overall I am enjoying the show. I've been an Archie fan since I was little and I still read the comics. The main characters (Archie, Betty and Veronica) are fairly true to their comic counterparts, so I'm happy. I knew going in they were making it more edgy/darker. Jughead seems okay too.

I'm hoping Ms. Grundy gets in trouble eventually and they do proper repercussions for her crime instead of just a slap on the wrist. She's grooming Archie and I do understand her worrying about being caught as she should go to jail. Archie on the other hand wouldn't get in trouble.

Archie's dad has been very reasonable too. I really dislike the Pussycats. Josie is a bitch. The other two seem okay but intimidated by her. I guess that's why Josie is the leader.

I'll wait for the revenge of the jocks when they rape/kill Ethel and shit
And miss Grundy isn't miss grundy?
So I guess I'll need to watch the fucking season 0 now

Barb just can't catch a break

Well, Grundy is getting into some serious shit next episode.

Archie's dad is great, reminds me of Smallville's Jonathan Kent.

It's like they combined Archie comics with Twin Peaks. That's why they called it Riverdale, why it centers around a murder mystery, and I'm calling it now but Sabrina will show up with some crazy cult illuminati shit. Hell even the concept of Betty having a dark haired alternate personality is straight out of Lynch shit. And of course there's the fact it's an extremely small town, and based on really ideal versions of american life almost from the 50's. IT's actually kind of perfect as a concept.

It's good they had some adults still be good. Betty's mom is manipulative. Her dad hasn't done much yet. I know they own the paper, which in the comics belongs to Reggie's dad. Just a device to get Betty to work for the Blue & Gold.

In the comics, the main gang (Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead, Reggie) do everything. Unrealistic in a show to have them all in a band, playing football/cheerleading, working for the school paper, running the school dance, and every other activity/sport you can think of. They are kind of showing that by having Archie doing too many things.

I thought it was a nice nod to the older comics where Betty does some batshit crazy things all the time to get what she wanted.

OH my god what the fuck I stopped watching the episode half way through because I felt like they were throwing a bunch of liberal buzzwords at me, like the cyberbullying angle, slut shaming, 'diva' of colour, don't white/mansplain to me Archie, privledge, etc. Josie was getting a little too preachy for someone who doesn't even have it half as bad as most ghetto assed niggas.

But man...I missed out apparently. Is the show worth watching if that bothered me or do you think it was just the writers trying to be hip with the kids?

>It's like they combined Archie comics with Twin Peaks.

The showrunner (aguirre something) has openly admitted that he drew a ton of 'inspiration' from Twin Peaks, heck they even copied the title font style so it's not as if it's remotely subtle.

I don't think I've ever read the old comics maybe it's more of that. The Twin Peaks/Lynch influence is definitively there though imo.

>tfw this was the only archie thing you've ever seen.

Given that it looks like "Grundy" isn't actually Grundy (youtube.com/watch?v=jJgDdNoHFuw ) I wonder whether they're going to do a storyline where it turns out she's a pedophile who goes from school to school looking for teenage boys to groom.

Wasn't it Josie saying the "diva of color" shit? That's fine, she's stuck up her own ass and thinks she's great and is intimidating the other two.

I wouldn't recommend watching the older Archie cartoons (70's) as they are really corny. Old comic storytimes are great though. I don't think anyone has done a crazy Betty one in a long time.

Josie's a cunt, but I don't think you're supposed to like her, at least for now.

The rest of the episode was alright, Betty's mom finally get the shit slapped out of her and Betty goes crazy for a bit which will likely be important later.

Yeah I guess I was just extra salty because I am watching this on Netflix which had that whole Dear White People trailer a few days ago.

So what I'm getting from this thread is that they took the innocent archie comics and made them into some crazy ass shit? Also has anybody else noticed this trend of comic and cartoon material from the 50s/60s/40s getting revamped and turned into insane shit?

The first two episodes credit Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa as writer and ep 3 credited Yolonda Lawrence. Usually with this kind of show the writing doesn't seem to change much episode-to-episode, but it seems to have made a difference here. Aguirre-Sacasa's episodes had much more in the way of 1940/50s/60s references, which have nearly disappeared in ep 3 and given way to some current hot-button issues.

I'm okay with it as long as they're still delivering some good stuff, and so far the show has been good at characterisation of the main 4 and the parents.

The next few episodes all have different writers announced, anyway.

Yes and no. Archie already did this themselves. They did an alternate story where Archie chose to marry Betty or Veronica. They did both stories, then spun a "Life With Archie" magazine out of it where they are all adults and have actual drama and problems. Archie gets shot and dies.

Then they did Afterlife With Archie, a horror book. Sabrina horror book. They've relaunched the Archie comics for the comic book stores with different artists and different types of stories than their old type. They still are producing digests too.

The last live action Archie thing was the terrible 90's movie (it's on YouTube). There was supposed to be a show in 2005 or so but it fell apart, they even had pictures of the cast in the comics. Archie in general doesn't pull in a ton of money or get much licensing deals, so they'll take anything they can get. They weren't worried about their characters being spoiled anymore, so why not?

This isn't Archie's first venture into crazy shit.

A new CEO took over a few years ago, and things have changed a lot since then. Under the previous management in the early 2000s the company had threatened to sue Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa over a play he wrote with a gay Archie in it, but a couple of years ago the current CEO hired Aguirre-Sacasa as the company's chief creative officer.

Man that's just crazy.

This is the only archie thing I've ever seen either so I wasn't even sure if the main comic had super natural shit going on in it, was half expecting super natural stuff to happen in this show.

They bring in Sabrina.

The major reference is Life with Archie, the alternate universe where Archie is married and the tone is more mature (no crossover or horror story, just slice of life).

they're setting up for the cross-over adaptation guest starring Jon Bernthal

brehs

Who needs Frank when you have Evil Betty?

She's going to end up like the girl from American Psycho 2, killing people and taking their place and name.

Right, kids nowadays would use a website.

>it turns out she's a pedophile who goes from school to school looking for teenage boys to groom.
There have got to be easier ways to have sex with high school boys.

considering how many female teachers are getting in trouble for banging their students in last two years there has been like 10 different women across country got trouble

Pretty topical in terms of a storyline but I'm surprised these teachers are getting in trouble at all considering how we think.

Right, but if sex with high school boys is her primary motivation, then she could do that without risk of jail time, as long as they are older than 16 or so, depending on what state Riverdale is in.

well her motivation is going to be escaping a shitty husband or something from leaks.

The reality is pretty women do not go around stealing identities unless something severe is going on.

Yeah. I honestly figured the reveal would be that Ethel made the book herself to orchestrate the whole thing.

obviously the show is tailored primarly for women so they're not going to point out basis for continuous slut shaming is women tearing eachother down.

Isn't Veronica rich? Doesn't she have lawyers?(and the deeds for the rest of the town) Why is this a problem for her when she can bankrupt that fucker in retribution.

Her and her mother became bankrupt after a nasty divorce. Her father froze all the assets, but also has a big ass bag of mysterious cash in a hotel he owns that her mom found that we know nothing about so far. Veronica doesn't know this though.

The writing in this episode was fucking retarded.

I hope it gets better.

That's some of the worst booty shaking I've ever seen

Her mother says flat out that Veronica should have come to her for help (financial difficulty or not, her mother has plenty of cash), so in theory yes. Veronica didn't go for help, though, she settled it herself.