Cast Denis Villeneuve's Dune, Sup Forums. Obviously, goose is gonna come back, what role will he be given?

Cast Denis Villeneuve's Dune, Sup Forums. Obviously, goose is gonna come back, what role will he be given?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U86aorxbBRY
youtube.com/watch?v=-AeANz2ndM8
variety.com/2017/film/news/dune-reboot-writer-eric-roth-denis-villeneuve-1201998001/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DeVries

Ford for the Dad

Spores must flow for the spore drive!

I cast Jason Isaacs!

Jared Leto for Paul

idris elba

Was Paul ever physically described in the books? The two live action adaptation version of Paul look completely different.

youtube.com/watch?v=U86aorxbBRY

He'd be an ok Leto

Goose for Duncan Idaho

Michael Cera as the Emperor. no joke

Why not Goldblum?

>Obviously, goose is gonna come back, what role will he be given?
Duncan Idaho

So the Emperor looks unnatural in a sort of unique way.

Cera done to look younger than he really is would be neat for the Emperor. I guess Jared Leto would be my other select for this, again done to look SUPER YOUNG.

The character is just as old as in the books, like centuries. And he's always written as pretending to be doddering. He knows what the Bene Gesserit are up to and still fools THEM into thinking he doesn't ... while he is calling them out.

>So the Emperor looks unnatural in a sort of unique way.

Can you be more specific?

For some reason I always imagined Gurney Halleck as the bearded burly type.

And Gary Oldman for one of the mentats, Thufir or Piter.

>HARD MODE: All Black cast

>Morfan Freeman as Thufir Hawat
>Idris Elba as Duncan Idaho
>Lawrence Fishbourne as Stilgar
>Donald Glover as Paul Atreides
>Denzel Washington as Duke Leto
>Kerry Washington as Lady Jessica
>Whoopi Goldberg as Gaius Helen Mohiam
>Nathalie Emmanuel as Chiani
>Forest Whitaker as the Baron

This would unironically be kino.

Only if the title is changed to Coon

Most of the older characters in Dune are sort of twisted in some way, and kept alive by the Spice. The Baron has made himself terrifically obese, for example. The Emperor is already described as being (I think this is the term they use) 'sprightly', so maybe this translates to screen as 'has had effective but not perfect cosmetic surgery'. I've thought he should be played by a young or young looking actor for a while.

Why the fuck not? That looks awesome.

>black kid from Stranger Things as the Emperor lol

This.

Serious question: Do you guys think Dune will ever become "assimilated" and tainted by the normalfags like Star Trek and Star Wars was?

muad dib

I really couldn't say. There's a lot of factors that imply the opposite (as in, it WON'T be tainted). The fact the director has proven himself to not care about mass appeal is the most important factor I'd say. The other is that Dune is a thousand times more complex and spiritual than Star Wars and Star Trek.

HOWEVER, there are a few factors that also support the belief that Dune will be tainted. Blade Runner bombed and the director, assuming he wants to turn Dune into a trilogy, will probably go for more mainstream appeal.

Mud Dab

Too old to play Paul.

iirc he has a mix of the Sardaukar look and the Harkonnen look but it isn't specified exactly what he looks like. The Harkonnens have fair hair and skin and softer faces. The indigenous peoples of Salusa Secundus, from whom Duke Atreides and the Emperor are both descended and strongly resemble, are a little more Southern European but with strong angular faces and prominent cheekbones.

Basically Paul would have looked like a generic conventionally attractive white actor, with plenty of wiggle room on specific features.

youtube.com/watch?v=-AeANz2ndM8
He can definitely pull off unique roles, but the audience has already typecast him in their minds.

Correct

>dune coon

>my name is a lynching word

>directed by david lynch

him or mads would make an excellent stilgar

>Amy Adams as Lady Jessica

This. Also she has already worked with Denis, so its a legit possibility.

Is another Dune movie actually happening?

Yes.

variety.com/2017/film/news/dune-reboot-writer-eric-roth-denis-villeneuve-1201998001/

So far the locked-in picks are Ryan "Guaranteed Kino" Gosling as Duncan Idaho and Amy Adams as Lady Jessica. I feel like Jake Gyllenhaal or Jared Leto will have a role though.

Lucy a CUTE

Basically everyone in this image , with the exception of Ella Purnell. The Fremen are obvious Arabic-Levant type peoples, as such, Chani should be darker, more exotic. Same goes for Stilgar.

The rest of the Atreides should be cast for a Germanic look, with their dress resembling that of Prussia and Austria-Hungary, to drive home just how different the Atreides are from the locals of Arrakis. The Harkonnens should, in line with the sort of themes of gross over-indulgence and aristocratic existence, should be casting for whites(perhaps british or french?) dressing in a absurd cliche aristocrat fashion, big powdered wigs and all. The Lord Vladimir Harkonnen should be played by John Goodman, with Fayd Rautha played by someone who can pull off the "handsome psychopath" sort of thing. Feyd is groomed for rulership, he should look and act like it. Perhaps Alden Ehrenreich?

Overall, the planet Arrakis itself should be a surreal mix of Byzantine and Ottoman architecture style that's been "future-ified". It's populace should dress similar to the Ottomans and late medieval Europeans: Tunics, tight pants. But y'know, future-istic-y.

I wont go further because I dont wanna spend all night typing this and then defending myself for what y'all are gunna call shit taste.

Too old, might've worked if he was still young though

>The Lord Vladimir Harkonnen should be played by John Goodman,
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FUCK A HARKONNEN IN THE ASS

Stop trying to make Dune happen, gents.

I'm not saying it -only makes sense- on acid, but if you're not tripping balls you're not going to get the most enjoyment out of it.

Film, stage, etc - that doesn't capture the hallucinogenic state that Paul enters when he drinks the water. You simply can't recreate what it feels to contemplate infinity and the universe on film. Just doesn't work.

Too much of the book is both internally though-based and deeply psychedelic. When you remove those elements you have weird, stodgy space opera that doesn't really connect to the audience as to why this concept is so out there.

Even Lynch, who is about as kooky as you can get in the A-lister world, didn't quite get it across in his attempt.

Just let it be, y'all

>need to be on drugs to understand/thoroughly enjoy media
Opinion discarded, you are a brainlet

Whoa, check out this educated opinion from a Sam Hyde memeposter everyone

I sort of agree, although I dont think you need acid to understand the book. Dune is not the sum of its parts and the visual medium of film is a hard one to pull off but not impossible. I however dont think Villeneuve is up to the task. And in todays world no one is interested in a scifi movie that doesnt have a tail end via merchandise.

Duke Leto: in no particular order, Daniel Day Lewis, Viggo Mortensen, Russell Crowe, Mel Gibson

Lady Jessica: in no particular order, Jodie Foster, Nicole Kidman, Cate Blanchett

The tendency typical to Hollywood would be to cast a young recent actress in the role, but keep in mind that Paul is around 15 or 16 so if Jessica is in her 30s then she would have still been a teenager when Leto took her as a concubine

Thufir Hawat: Donald Sutherland

Gurney Halleck: Peter Weller, or Ed Harris

Duncan Idaho: ??? When I read the book I imaged David Keith or Tony Todd in the role, but they're a bit old now I guess

Wellington Yueh: James Hong

Baron Harkonnen: Simon Callow

Piter De Vris: Mark Hammil

Gaius Helen Mohiam: Sigourney Weaver

Stilgar: Alexander Siddig

Shaddam IV: Christopher Plummer maybe?

Liet-Keynes: ???

>Lawrence Fishbourne as Stilgar
>he didn't see John Wick 2
Fishbourne is obese now

>Paul Atredies
Ryan Gosling