Samurai Jack, season 5

new season of Samurai Jack on adult swim March 11th. What does Sup Forums think the arch will be? Are you excited? Do you think a gritty continuation is what the series needs? What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lbI2nveujo8
youtube.com/watch?v=LxCIr7mBm7s
instagram.com/p/BPnucHmFx6p/
youtube.com/watch?v=0jZWcyMaZUI
youtube.com/user/Fashwath
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mfw jack hears about a time portal.
> he fights a massive army of aku's menions and aku himself to get to it.
>goes through it
> sends him 10,000 years further into the future
> aku spent the entire time training in martial arts from across the galaxy

Samurai Jack threads on Sup Forums are dead for some reason, nothing really to discuss until Season 5 comes out.

im betting that jack will not make it to the past and decides to save the present

>Gotta get back,
>back to the future.

Did anyone else see an adult swim teaser with the scotsman in it?

That would be kinda underwhelming but at the same time possible

I wanna see how many of the characters from past seasons show up as crusty and/or badass old people.

i bet that we will see a massive army made up of the people he has helped show up to fight akus army.

I think his whole story is about accepting whats done is done.

Might be wrong but I cant imagine him just going to the past, winning, and a happy ending. It seems to easy, wheres the lesson?

Thats been his flaw from the very start. He keeps trying to go back, undo his first failure, and save the home that was stolen from him. Once Jack frees the future from Aku, then perhaps The Guardian will allow him to use the portal

Maybe all of warriors he freed from Demongo?

i was thinking more on the lines of the dogs from episode 2, the scotsman's children, the underwater people etc.

>It seems to easy
He trained for 20 years and fought for another 50 fucking years, let him have a happy ending.

Scotsman is already confirmed, The Samoorhai might have become a real samurai by now, and Im guessing the Woolies are still around
Thats actually how the comic ended

the samoorhai school for foolz

i bet it will be revealed that he is not the only person aku made immortal. his parents have been kept alive just to watch thier son die

Aku didn't make Jack immortal, it's been confirmed as a side-effect of the time travel.

>Aku throws him even further into the future

im sure aku would have the power to do so anyways and was aware of jack being immortal

twist

jack is aku

twist- jack isnt even the emperors son. he was lied to his entire life so he can feel important and as if it is his duty to save his people. he is actually just a weapon created just incase aku returned

Twist, he gets sent do far back in time at the end, that he is the one who originally imprisoned Aku

that doesn't make sense given the prequel episodes

Twist: Jack is a hospital patient in a coma and the entire series is just a dream.

Jack is Professor Utonium in a coma.

Which is Aku's fault
See:
>Lava Viking kept from aging/dying through Aku's magic
>Ikra mentions her father trapped in a ring of fire for eternity (fake story, but likely something Aku has done)

Also
>Aku not keeping the parents alive in a similar manner, knowing Jack will arrive in the future eventually
>Insurance plan
>IF YOU DESTROY ME SAMURAI, THE MAGIC KEEPING THEM ALIVE WILL DIE WITH ME
>YOU HAVE SEEN THE EFFECTS OF THIS MAGIC WEARING OFF WITH YOUR OWN EYES
>ARE YOU TRULY PREPARED TO MURDER THEM AFTER SPENDING ALL THESE YEARS TRYING TO SAVE THEM

To watch Season five, does one have to have watched every episode or the finale of the seasons 1-4? While it start with a new fresh story for those who haven't seen 1-4 in their entirity?

Which characters were in the army in the comic?

I'm looking forward to watching it but Lamarr sounds a little off, and I'm torn about the switch to full digital. From the trailer it looks sharp and vibrant, and there's that cool bit with the "AAAAAA" sound effect that takes the comic paneling the old show had to a new level. But the lack of handpainted scenery made it seem a bit lifeless in comparison again to the old show.

Just thoughts from the trailer, definitely not enough to deter me.

>read list of must-watch SJ episodes in preparation of Season 5
>Jack and the Spartans isn't on the list
>neither are Jack under the Sea or Jack and the Lava Monster

Really the only requirement is watching the first episode, or even just the intro sequence to the show. The whole show is definitely worth watching, but from the looks of it you don't have finish the series before you watch the new season.

How is Jack supposed to look as old as he did in the Guardian's portal then?

Retcon

maybe that is how he will look after he returns to the past

We don't know, user. Wait for the new season and find out.

Nigga doesn't put Jack and the Lava Monster?
Nigga confirmed a health condition of shriveled taste buds.

I mean, at least the the final IDW issue had him in that look with experience.

was jack and the ninja?

Yes

There were definitely some good episodes on the list, but a lot of others were passed up.

Do you guys think they're going to do a series dvd / bluray re-release? Bet a lot of people are going to want to get the previous seasons once season 5 comes out.

after the final season i am sure they will

What was his problem?

Personally, I'm glad that they decided to keep the old animation and visuals of jack. They could have gone the same way they did with many other cartoons (see powerpuff girls).

Was the Alice in Wonderland episode the worst?

Is there any place to get the actual sound track? Not just episode rips?

>still a whole fucking month before release
>people are not watching the entire 4 seasons

Fucking idiots. Maybe you get to skip farting dragon, but that's it.

EHEHEHEH! BADADBABABANGBANGBANG HEEHOO!!!!!

Should Jack get a love interest, or is that a can of worms better left unopened?

>Jack
>Love interest

No thanks. Been there. Done that.

BALLS DEEP SAMOORAI

Aku doesnt count

IM TRYING TO SLEEP

>What does Sup Forums think the arch will be?

Seems like it will obviously be a rebirth arch of Jack remembering his purpose, reclaiming the sword and defeating Aku.

It's only 10 episodes and Gennedy was lucky to get this off the ground. He would be a fool to not end it here

Doubtful. It's 50 years in the future. The Scotsman will likely be the only friend left standing because he's too stubborn to die of old age. He's going to go out anime style holding off an endless horde to buy Jack sometime

Really all you Have to watch is the first 3 episodes. Jack was very episodic

Nah the episode with the green under sea people was a snore fest.

and jack and all of his family will have a funeral pyre and jack will say "goodbye old friend"

>Jack under the sea
>bad

I bet you think Jack and the three blind archers was bad too, don't ya fag?

Wow thats some shit taste user

Twist: Mako isn't dead, he just retired

Action was shit. The dialog was shit. Extremely slow episode with uninteresting enviorments (especially for an under water episode) and cinematography.

Three blind archers was good.

What if Jack dies in the future but is revived, which restarts his biological clock?

Jack gonna kill Aku then wander the future for the rest of time as an immortal with no purpose

can someone posting the new 30 promo? I remember someone posting it in a previous thread and I've been trying to find it.

I think accepting the past and growing to appreciate the present is full of room for a happy ending, though. I think it's optimistic--or at least uplifting--by nature.

I'm okay with a back to the past ending so long as the journey there is good, though.

I think the armor /helmet looks stupid, still hyped

What if Jack's immortality suddenly ends and he starts rapidly aging to his true age? And he has to race to beat Aku before he's too weak to fight him?

youtube.com/watch?v=lbI2nveujo8

Don't drink at work and he will be happy and you will be happy and everyone else will be happy.

Would be cool if
> imakandi appear
> characters we'd see are a new generation with different weapons
> eventually the four that were first introduced would appear as elder sages

>New group of Imakandi try to catch Jack
>This time they lose
>Return home going "holy shit this Jack is no joke"
>The original four who managed to catch him are sages and tell the newbies of their own run in with him

"Aku seduces Jack" episode is online right now.

I'm disappointed. It's the same trashy look it has where there's no depth or dimension to it. They could have improved it and they didn't.

It wouldnt be Samurai Jack then.

youtube.com/watch?v=LxCIr7mBm7s

Pretty rare teaser here

Ok that spear is got to be something he got from the spartans.

instagram.com/p/BPnucHmFx6p/

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH THIS.

Scott said he had to make several scenes' old backgrounds wider to fit HD aspect ratio in this instagram, and it is set to music and audio plus it's got a unique swipe at the beginning.

What is style fool?

Will Brent come back in season 5?

Repostan from another thread:

>It opened us up to violence, but that wasn't interesting to us. It really opened us up to storytelling opportunities. There is a death at one point, where Jack realizes that he's killed his first human. And that's an important thing early on. By episode five, I think people will see what we're doing with the story this season — and it is a full, single arc that tells a story — I think people will be surprised. It's not something anyone has ever tried to do in animation before.

Wonder what this is all about. Simultaneously makes me even more hype and nervous, wonder what's going down around episode 5 that's so unheard of. Genndy really knows his stuff when it comes to animation, so I feel like this isn't just an empty boast.

So Jack doesn't give a shit about all the robots and non-humans he killed in the first 4 seasons?

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLISH SAMURAI

youtube.com/watch?v=0jZWcyMaZUI

I want to see Jack's sword being able to pierce his skin as a major "oh shit" moment.

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard

But those are three things, user.

wait where did you hear this
I need more info
I've been in the dark
also someone please locate a stream, I do not have cable

It's on the video description of the Season 5 trailer uploaded in the official channel of Adult Swim.

>he's killed his first human

So the bounty hunters from the Princess and the Bounty Hunters didn't die?

Apparently not, that's straight from Genndy's mouth.

What, those are like totally different things.

I and Am might have, but nobody gives a shit about them.

Naw, he apparently just beat the shit out of them.

Come on now, everybody knows Russians, Southerners, and Australians aren't people.

Here's my bare bones suggestion
>Season 1
Episodes 1-5, 10, and 13
>Season 2
Episodes 1, 4, 6, 9, and 12
>Season 3
Episodes 6, 11, and 12.
>Season 4
Episodes 4-5 (The Scotsman Saves Jack, but you can really stop watching after the Scotsman and Jack solve the siren problem because afterwards it's like 15 minutes of the two of them competing), 6, 7, 10, and 11.

What do you think of Aku's daughters? Will they have different skills each, different personalities, different weapons?

You can check out the episodes here if you'd like. This channel has been uploading SJ episodes for a while now: youtube.com/user/Fashwath

IS HE IN A FUCKING WHEELCHAIR?!

Can't wait to see how they´ll kill him off.

Oh my fuck that beard is glorious