Am I taking fucking crazy pills? why does everyone love this movie...

Am I taking fucking crazy pills? why does everyone love this movie? I feel like you guys normally do when discussing movies that are actually decent.

the first half hour is total shit, trying to decide between taking it seriously and being a comedy. The fight scenes are literally matrix reloaded quality cgi. Then Jeff goldblum shows up and he's great because he knows he's in a garbage movie and acts accordingly and seems to be having a great time.
Then towards the end it's like a tropic thunder style parody of a marvel movie ( karl urban jumping out of a plane dual weilding m16's screaming "for asgard!' before dying EXACTLY like ben stiller making fun of movie deaths in the tropic thunder opening scene.

I CANT DECIDE WHETHER THIS MOVIE WAS SELF AWARE AND KINDA CLEVER OR JUST SO FUCKING BAD. IT'S LIKE AN IDIOT SAVANT

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/10/31/thor-ragnarok-early-cut-failed-humor/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I feel like I went waaaay to heavy on the comedy. To the point were any tension was gone. They had to crack a joke every other line, even in moments that are supposed to be dramatic. While I'll say it was more enjoyable than Thor 2 it wasn't much better than it.

No it was pretty self-aware at how ridiculous the whole concept was, so they decided to have fun with it. Movie would have been unwatchable if it even took itself seriously for one second.

I wouldn't compare it so much to Tropic Thunder as much as Lethal Weapon, which was a very self-aware buddy cop movie.

It’s completely self aware

>Taika's first misstep
he rose so high too

>why does everyone love this movie?
It's entertaining.

Fuck off DC shill.

You lost the war. Deal with it.

>why does everyone love this movie?
> FRIENDS FROM WORK
> Heh heh

yea like i legitimately laughed out loud. So it's hard for me to hate it. But at the same time it completely fails as.... whatever it was trying to be. during that opening scene where FIRST OF ALL it literally has the balls to open with a " guess how I wound up in this crazy situation" scene, then he's twirling around on that chain and they make dumb jokes about it and my girlfriend leans over and says "this.... this is a bad movie right?"

>tv is too autistic to get Marvel
lol

I don't think they told anthony hopkins or cate blanchette , their scenes were all so abruptly serious

>Oh hi Thor

Nigga, Cate Blanchett was chewing the scenery the whole, the fuck are you talking about?

the fuck are you talking about? DC has ONE movie where they didn't COMPLETELY shit the bed.

A steaming turd that knows itself for a steaming turd and acts accordingly doesn't make itself any less of a steaming turd.

I don't know, she seemed like she was having a lot of fun.

Hopkins added some character weight to it, but I think don't it distracted from the self awareness.

Imagine being this retarded

Imagine being this butthurt

The other thing was I noticed A LOT of re-used jokes and shitty/obvious setups. It was like joking around with your jock friends, just not clever at all.

Hulk smashing thor in the EXACT same way as the avengers, when loki was first unveiled he made the EXACT same "its me" expression to the camera. Really bugged the shit out of me. Also I'm pretty sure Tom Hiddleston wasn't even trying by that point and he looked like he had a weird wig on.

Not to mention Valkyrie was such a bland actor, I cringed every time she was the only one in a shot. (drinking as she gets off the ship originally, the closeup of her saying she was coming).

Really there were only two good parts of this movie. Jeff goldblum and australian rock guy.

And I guess, if you like mortal kombat, thor turning into raiden and doing his spinny move.

What is Odin the god of again?

it looks astonishingly cheaply made

even for a marvel movie it's budget tv-like

I seriously want to fuck dark haired cate blanchett
I haven't felt this way since marisa tomei in My cousin Vinny.

fuck she was so hot in this movie

This is the cycle. Disney pays shills to blanket the internet in positive feedback. Some brainlets believe it (it's like hypnosis, some are more susceptible).

In a couple months when the hype has died down and the shills are pushing something else (and a decent torrent is up), you will get the real feedback from Sup Forums. That is was an atrocious dumpster fire of a movie.

They had to do a lot of post editing because they realized the movie was boring. They had a good first 15 minutes of fun, but then the rest of the movie was serious and not very good. So, they shot a few more scenes, cut in a bunch of comedy and did better. It was self aware, because all the jokes were done after the actors realized the movie was meh.

I thought it was, in the end and with this in mind, a pretty good movie.

>australian rock guy.

That was voiced by the director.

>I feel like you guys normally do when discussing movies that are actually decent.

It really beats you over the head with the quips and it looks like a videogame. I didn't like it, no sir

I did laugh at the comedy bits, but they overused it
To the point it felt like a budget saving measure .

>if you like something I don't like you are a shill.

Best part about this is I can just find out what you like and call you a demagogueing counter shill!

So, what do you like?

>shills are pushing something else
remember when they were convincing Sup Forums that this was a great movie last month?

>Am I taking fucking crazy pills?
Nah you've been on a board infested and raided by Disney shills daily for too long. The movie was shit alright

Winter Soldier

this franchise is half a century old OP, it's literally just a cashgrab that normies will go to so that they know what's "happening"

Pffft, typical of an captian america fag to talk down to a real movie.

Off topic but Winter Soldier is a piece of shit. Literally a poorly done Bourne flick with an Iron Man 2 tier ending. 5/10 on a good day bud

fucking hell. That's staggeringly bad

muh it's not capeshit but a political thriller!!!11!

Is Rick & Morty at fault for the trend of joke stuttering? As an example from Thor:

>R-Rev-Revengers. We're called the Revengers. Because we want revenge.

Jesus.

Because it's FUN

Because it has QUIPS

Because it's NOSTALGIC (Member Hulk and 80s music?!?!)

Because it makes you feel like a KID AGAIN

Because it's the film equivalent of SZECHUAN SAUCE

Everyone? Im someone and fucking hated it. Still better than BvS tho.

and?

> Ugh, gotta wear Stark's clothes
> Duran Duran t-shirt

I think they are just glad to be done with the series to be honest

>this is what passes for a good movie nowadays
file sharing was a mistake

>Really there were only two good parts of this movie. Jeff goldblum and australian rock guy.

And the Tron soundtrack. I forgot that part.

it's a fucking comic book movie, stop expecting a lot from it.

if anyone expected a taika waititi superhero movie to not be overloaded with comedy they're dumb. he's shown he can handle dramatic material beautifully (Boy and Hunt for the Wilderpeople) but I'm glad they let him go so over the top. Its about time we had capeshit that was just pure, unadulterated fun.

>everyone will know Taika as the hack who made Thor Ragnarok
I just want another Wilderpeople like movies

Taika is a good comedian

>I feel like I went waaaay to heavy on the comedy. To the point were any tension was gone. They had to crack a joke every other line, even in moments that are supposed to be dramatic. While I'll say it was more enjoyable than Thor 2 it wasn't much better than it.

100% this!!!FACT!!!

Try discussing the movie when there is a rip out

>Really there were only two good parts of this movie. Jeff goldblum and australian rock guy.
>Getting New Zealand and Australian accents confused.

source?

>stop expecting a lot from it
no one expects it to be Citizen Kane.
Anyone criticizing this movie seems to have issue that there is better CGI and plot structure in a music video than the film-by-numbers approach of Disney

I agree, this movie was super fun. It was what a comic book movie should be. Comic = COMEDY. Nothing was taken seriously and I enjoyed every second. The only part I didn't like was rockman's speech about the "foundation" at the end, that took a poignant part and made it a joke. But the rest of the movie was a perfect comdedy comic book movie.

>when there is a rip out
its been out for a week, Nelson

same posting

>Thor: R-Ravengers
>Stronk niggress Valkyrie who needs no Odin: Seriously?
>Thor: w-well yeah
Just say bazinga and add laugh tracks and be done with it, fucking hell

If your definition of a rip is a shitty screener lmao

Only director who should be allowed to make comic book movies is Nolan because he understood to not go so CGI tier bullshit. No idea what happened with TDKR (but not having Ledger in it surely affected things) but BB and TDK are masterpieces.

You're just butthurt that the movie was probably the best Marvel ever.

Hey, I didn't like the valkyrie character. She was dull. But every other character was fun to watch and felt real. I go to movies to have fun, or feel things. I didn't feel things in this movie, but I had fun. Is that so bad?

The cameo of Doctor Strange was pretty nice made Thor and Loki look like chumps in terms of power level

What about Homecoming? Only decent thing was Keaton because he did well at the start, having good reasons to despise Tony Stark and the Avengers.

Then movie fell over itself when Keaton's character tried to explain to Peter why Avengers are bad but starts attacking him.. wtf

Honestly that was one part I felt the move could've done without. It felt like they had Cumberbatch for half a week of shooting and had to use what they had. If they had just gone to earth and found Odin without Strange it still would've worked.

The scene wasn't terrible, but it sure was forgettable.

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/10/31/thor-ragnarok-early-cut-failed-humor/

>It felt like they had Cumberbatch for half a week of shooting and had to use what they had.

It was clearly shot at the same time as Dr strange was filmed.

he literally used CGI like crazy though

>it was fun lol i dont care if everything else what shit its just so fun lmao
the absolute state of capeshit drones

>implying this movie does not put classics like Kane to shame

I'm sorry your insignificant brain is unable to comprehend the pure intellectual genius of this movie.

Kind of hurts me because it makes them look like complete pussies. I suppose the rest of the film does that with Thor and his obedience disc but Strange is such a little shit I hate that he gets to dominate everyone.