ITT: Films everyone praises yet you consider it just ok

ITT: Films everyone praises yet you consider it just ok

For me it's Mad Max: Fury Road.
I don't like the fast paced editing and the story is practically non existent. I didn't hate the film I just felt it didn't live up to the hype.

it's one of the worst movies ever made

It's a spectacle flick that was hyped up as a visual tour de force.
It delivered as long as you weren't naive enough to expect more.

>wasting trips trying to get a tranny spending the night in a hospital to witness you
This isn't what Sup Forums was meant for

>praised for its amazing action scenes
Meh, they are okay. Nothing special or memorable
>praised for its insane, over-the-top nature
Meh, I've seen Bollywood films that were more insane and over-the-top
>praised for its visual storytelling
What story?
>praised for its "strong female characters"
Fuck anyone that uses the words "strong female characters". Also the writing was shit
>praised for its cinematography
Mmmm, orange and teal, so comfy.......... except not really

6/10. Not bad, not great either. Probably won't rewatch it.

i hated that movie desu

your mom

The opening escape scene was fucking great, the storm scene was 10/10, and that guitar dude was beyond kino.
But uhh, other than that it was pretty boring for an action movie honestly.

>visual tour de force

movie felt like a Mad Max spinoff desu

Literally the entire movie is over the top action scene after action scene. I can understand criticism about the movie but it definitely isn't boring.

Action doesn't mean something is automatically exciting or not boring. There are plenty of boring action movies.

>and that guitar dude was beyond kino
This is your brain on upvote groupthink reddit sensibilities

>so metal

Yeah action scenes were the majority of the movie, but I found the action to be kinda slow. This is a problem I have with the entire Mad Max series so I think it might just be a me problem desu.

>stop liking what other people like

It’s not about a story, you pleb, it’s about an experience. If you want stories go watch nerdy shit like GOT and screech about spoilers on reddit.

OP hates world building and show don't tell storytelling and he hates fun

bunp

i think it gets worse as you re-watch it

Whiplash,nothing special about it

If you didn’t see it in the cinema you didn’t see it.

I never sit through it at home but it’s the single best cinema experience hands down I’ve ever been to. Couldn’t get enough.

Every marvel movie until avengers 2

avengers 2 onwards, they become flat-out bad

Any of the Star Treks. They're okay, but I've never paid to see one, rented one, or bought one. If they show up on Netflix, I'll watch if I'm really bored.

Avengers

Maybe I need to be a comic book guy to get the hype, but it was just okay and that's all. I liked iron man 1 much more

people only praised this right after it came out, typical ticket spending confirmation bias circle jerking about a film, happens with every new release these days, you've gotta wait a few years to see if it REALLY holds up

you sound like a fag

Its been over 2 years user...and its still good

>I don't like the fast paced editing and the story is practically non existent
you completely didnt understand the idea of the movie.
It shares some qualities with music videos or even ballets and musicals. It's one with its soundtrack. That's why it's fast-paced and doesnt spend time on the story.
It's not meant to have exposition explaining the story to you. It's meant to be full-on choreographed action-sequence