Any good shows or films with heavy use of acoustic blues music? Or shows and films about blues?

Any good shows or films with heavy use of acoustic blues music? Or shows and films about blues?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3eZBevXohCI
imdb.com/title/tt0090888/
youtube.com/watch?v=hENJKNmoKdo
youtube.com/watch?v=JzzE6XLbC8M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Black Snake Moan.

Return of the Jedi

youtube.com/watch?v=3eZBevXohCI

Holy shit, that's the film where Samuel L. Jackson actually plays the guitar?
Is it good? It looks a bit weird, with Cristina Ricci in main role and no name director. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh Brother Where Art Thou

Damn, I always thought it looked like a harmonica.

I've seen it, the film isn't that good, but I really like the style, color palette and of course, soundtrack. And it was really great that Chris Thomas King was in it and played Hard Time Killing Floor.

Crossroads (1986)

imdb.com/title/tt0090888/

It's slut kino

youtube.com/watch?v=hENJKNmoKdo
This isn't the version he played in the film, though.
Thanks, man. This is exactly the thing I was looking for. Also, this seriously looks like Karate Kid, even the actor is the same.

Yeah, the poster looks like that of a 70s blackspotation movie.

It's a similar storyline, but has some unique charm.

It was the last hurrah before Christina Ricci chopped her tits off.

Get the unrated version.

It Might Get Loud is worth watching. The Blues Brothers is heavy Chicago blues. Great Balls Of Fire has a lot. Lady Sings the Blues for vocals. Leadbelly is a bio of the blues player. Ray has a lot.

Nice, thanks.
>Leadbelly
Is there any mention of Cisco Houston?

youtube.com/watch?v=JzzE6XLbC8M

I discovered Blues Brothers by playing the platformer game when I was like seven on a school computer, I can still hear the soundtrack.

So what's the verdict then lads, did he sell his soul or?

Faustian myths are always fun. and I definitely would sell my soul to play like him if I could.
Also, it's interesting to hear about him from people that knew him, Sonny Boy Williamson talked about him, Son House did, and Robert "Jr." too.

he was an alcoholic drifter who stole all of his songs from other musicians. he is only credited with being a talented composer because he was recorded first

Cadillac records. I liked the portrayal of howlin wolf.