Hmm

variety.com/2016/film/news/denis-villeneuve-dune-reboot-legendary-pictures-1201929280/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asabiyyah
metro.us/entertainment/movies/denis-villeneuve-dune-update
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pls no.

not anymore. bladerunner 2049 bombed so hard that villeneuve isnt allowed to play with big budgets, he's been thrown into director jail.

i have zero respect for directors/writers who are only known for creating fanfic of other's work.

It would be hard to not make it better than Lynch's, so why not go for it?

To be fair, properly adapting Dune should warrant some kind of award.

And your source for this Is?

you mean like...adapting a script?
Fucking retard

Dune is fucking shit. a bunch of weird future Dukes taking drugs to become psychics and fight giant worms? fuck off

That's great though.
What's shit is most things that happen with Paul once he joins the Fremen.

Someone shop Villenturds face on Jodo's body in the raping with love pic. Seems like it would fit.

They said he couldn't make a sequel to blade runner

Do... Do you think Directors write the scripts to movies, user?

Yeah that's the best part. It's when Paul Muhammad-dib becomes some sort of muzzie space God that everything goes to shit.

Well would you look at this poserboy

Jodorowsky wrote the script for his.

I have Denis' back after BR2049. If anyone's going to make a big budget Sci Fi film, it should be him

thats somehow both the dumbest and most accurate description of Dune imaginable

Yes it was a fanfic of Dune without even reading the books

And it was a pile of shit that had nothing to do with Dune.

>a bunch of weird future Dukes taking drugs to become psychics and fight giant worms?
>fighting giant worms
>not riding giant worms
You will not survive long in the desert, offworlder

I hope your knife chips and shatters you faggot.

I would be happy if he took his own liberties with the 2nd half of Dune. Keep it thematically consistent, but it jumps around far, far too much and attention is taken away from many characters, with aspects thrown in for sequel bait, and other aspects aren't adequately delved into.

Hope he keeps the sound guns

You mean, one of the stupidest things Lynch added that's not even in the book?

But Dune (the story) is literally about how badass islam and jihad is. Jewish Hollywood will never allow this

how is being a savage race of of ugly, backwards assholes who fear things like pork and alcohol "badass"?

villeneuve seems to be pretty good at adapting old works

>I never read dune

kys desu

20$ of fremen becoming niggers
Baron Harkonnen would be literally Trump

I believe hes talking about Islam

There's not much similarity between the Fremen and modern Arabs. Maybe 200 years ago when they weren't getting fat off of US oil money you'd have an argument.

Also, it's important to note that the next two books go hard on the idea that the Jihad was a mistake for the Fremen

this is the whole point of dune:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asabiyyah

>But Dune (the story) is literally about how badass islam and jihad is
It's also about the main character trying to stop the jihad.

Actually it's shit because the writing is young adult fiction tier for brainlets.

t. /lit/ard
please leave

>the next two books go hard on the idea that the Jihad was a mistake for the Fremen

still better than the previous rule desu lad

>a bunch of unwashed space muslims who drink their pee and ride on giant sand dicks somehow defeat a galactic army that mastered interstellar travel
Yeah, fuck off Herbert

>fa/tv/irgin calling anyone else a tard
epic sneed breh

TERRIBLE PURPOSE

This. The world of Dune and surrounding Dune is pretty interesting but the story in the books and taking place on the planet itself? fucking shite.

>reading past the first book

Hopefully he has creative control like on 2049 and it wont be a movie wahed down to cater to China.

>whats Spacing Guild
>implying Sardaukars were not savages as well
I'm convinced you havent even read this shit, or you are functionally retarded to misread it that much

To be fair, the first book makes it abundantly clear that the jihad is not a good thing.

>somehow defeat a galactic army that mastered interstellar travel
The Navigators have a monopoly on space travel, the Sarduakar (or anyone else for that matter) aren't going anywhere without them. This is also the reason THE SPICE MUST FLOW, because without the spice to keep the Navigators and Mentats alive, the Empire and all of human civilization will collapse to pre-stellar levels

>not reading up to God Emperor for the full experience
pleb

Lady Jessica - Blanchett
Shaddam IV - Titus Welliver
Thurif Hawt - Michael Cocaine
Gurney Halleck - Joe Pesci
Duncan Idaho - Eric Bana
Leto Atreides - Theroux
Paul Atreides - Dane DeHaan
Feyd - Hayden Christensen
Yueh - Adam Driver
Princess Irulan - Brieee
Baron Vlad - Lena Dunham
Rabban - Amy Schumer
Piter de Vries - Jim Carrey
Stilgar - Punished Viggo
Chani - Sara Sampaio
Reverend Mother Mohiam - Melissa McCarthy

This. Based Ritsu poster.

>a bunch of unwashed space muslims who drink their pee and ride on giant sand dicks somehow defeat a galactic army that mastered interstellar travel

Read up on Khalid inb al-Walid and the Battle of Yarmouk.
Literally the whole of human history is full of uncivilized but hardy folk defeating the "superior" civilized peoples.

Irulan > Chaniggress

The first four books are good, that's when you should tap out though

>Paul Atreides - Dane DeHaan
>Feyd - Hayden Christensen
You want them to play someone half their age?
>Piter de Vries - Jim Carrey
Nice, but I could see Willem Dafoe doing it

>Literally the whole of human history is full of uncivilized but hardy folk defeating the "superior" civilized peoples.

We didn't lose in Vietnam, just saying

At one point Paul says that if he hadn't met Chani and become Fremen, he would've been quite happy to be with Irulan, who he recognizes as both intelligent and beautiful. This is why he repeatedly takes pity on her throughout Dune Messiah.

>reading God Emperor
honestly, everything past the first book is utter shit
le immortal emperor who becomes a worm-man

>Dune gets 6898025802th reboot that will flop like every single one before it
>still no news on Hyperion
Justify this shit for me

Hyperion is utter meme garbage even for reddit "standards".

because it's for children?

Hyperion seems more like something that would suit a Netflix series or similar more than a movie

At least for the first book where it's non-linear character stories

The Canterbury tales in space would require an obscene budget to do properly due to the huge number of different locations/planets/set pieces etc

No studio would risk putting in all the money for a relatively unknown work.

Not to memtion most people would find the timb tombs, zen catholic and Jewish themes, and all the John Keats stuff weird and boring

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

THE

Tell us more of your opinions on classic, award winning science fiction.

I though hbo was gonna make this into a tv series.

>it won an award therefore it's good

kys

>m-muh genre fiction
pseud

>In 2009, Scott Derrickson was set to direct "Hyperion Cantos" for Warner Bros. and Graham King, with Trevor Sands penning the script to blend the first two cantos "Hyperion" and "The Fall of Hyperion" into one film. In 2011, actor Bradley Cooper expressed interest in taking over the adaptation. On June 10, 2015 it was announced that TV channel Syfy will produce a mini-series based on the Hyperion Cantos with the involvement of Cooper and King. As of May 2017, the project was still "in development" at Syfy.

>/lit/ cucks told me its bad so its bad

>December 21 2016

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>No studio would risk putting in all the money for a relatively unknown work.

Are you f****** kidding me? Hyperion is one of the biggest sci fi books ever written. Anybody that knows anything about sci has at least heard of it.

>Syfy

metro.us/entertainment/movies/denis-villeneuve-dune-update

Hasn't SyFy improved in recent years.
I know The Magicians is good, and Sup Forums seems to be obsessed with 2 sci-fi shows they air.

Maybe Simmons shouldn't have written Sup Forums: the novel if he wanted to get a traction in Hollywood

>At the Russian press conference for “Blade Runner 2049” back in September Villeneuve did confirm that his version of “Dune” isn’t a “reboot or a remake at all,” but instead he is “just going back to the novel” with it, before adding that he “wasn’t happy” with David Lynch’s 1984 version.
This is basically the best news we can get at this point

this explains the long drawn-out sequence of ryan gosling in blade runner walking around in a deserted las vegas. It was Villenueve establishing an aesthetic

I know that dude, that's why I said relatively unknown. The general populace that doesn't know about sci fi doesn't know about it, but there's a good chance they know about dune.

Miles Teg is still pretty badass in Heretics. Its at Chapterhouse where Frank Herbert go full unrelated lecture on how beuracracy is evil

*three

Dune shouldn't be *a* movie. You can't fit it all. It needs to be a Dueterology. Unfortunately as the hobbit proved, studios can't FUCKING COUNT TO TWO, IT HAS TO BE ONE OR THREE, NEVER BETWEEN. FUCKING RETARDED ASS SHITTERS.

you're right, I don't know why this board loves it so much. actually I do, it's capeshitters and star wars neckbeards here now and they consider dune to be somehow high brow even though it pretty much only appeals to fantasy/capeshit loving fags

The story of Dune is simplistic and easily fits in one movie. Its a pretty standard arc of a falling and rising hero with some symbolism and pointless lore in-between

>studios can't FUCKING COUNT TO TWO, IT HAS TO BE ONE OR THREE, NEVER BETWEEN. FUCKING RETARDED ASS SHITTERS
How about Dune + Dune Messiah as a trilogy covering Paul's entire character arc

Why not just have Children of Dune as the end of the trilogy

I feel as though there is a clear seperation point in the stories between
>Pauls origins, travelling to Dune, the initial settlement and conspiracy, the betrayel and escape
and
>Pauls rise to power amongst the Fremen and overthrowing the Emperor

If you threw in Dune Messiah that could be a third film

Things you could cut out:

The fate of Thufir
All the fucking about on Ghedi Prime aside from the Barons scheming regarding Arakkis - please no Feyd cuckoldry
Anything that does not directly relate to or occur on Arakis

>pointless lore in-between
But the lore is by far the best bit of the novel. The 2nd half of the novel is basically just all plot, and it's noticeably worse than the first part.
Dune also relies heavily on monologues, so it would be hard to get that across for cinema/tv.

Jodoworsky said he had a dream about the Dune book and how he had to make a movie about it
he woke up the next day and ran to the book store and waited till they opened and got Dune
he said he read the entire book nonstop the entire day till he finished it
so yes...he actually did read the book.

That could define the 6 starwars movies in the Vador's point of view.

if there's one Dan Simmons novel that deserves a movie adaptation it's godamn Carrion Comfort, that shit would make an incredible movie !

>bladerunner 2049 bombed
why do you care about how much money it makes? as long as it's kino

do you want the guy who made beauty and the beast to direct instead you faggot

>The fate of Thufir
>All the fucking about on Ghedi Prime aside from the Barons scheming regarding Arakkis - please no Feyd cuckoldry
>Anything that does not directly relate to or occur on Arakis
If you're trying to fit all of Dune into one movie without it being 4 hours long, cutting non-essential stuff like this is probably for the best, but in the book all these scenes are great and I'm glad they're included.

Vietnam.

>muh Vietnam
Vietnam didn't overthrow America and proceed to rape the rest of the world

>Dune could be made into a good movie!

>but in the book all these scenes are great and I'm glad they're included.
Well of course - they're the only good parts of the 2nd half.
Look at how Lynch handled it - Thufir has one scene where he is being told about the poison and the antedote, then he doesn't show up again until the final scene. During which he camera points at him once (maybe twice, probably once) and he doesn't say anything. He doesn't warn Paul, he doesn't speak to anyone, he doesn't die. He's just there.

Then America, when the colonists defeated the British Empire. It happens.