I haven't seen any of season 3. Is it actually working this time...

I haven't seen any of season 3. Is it actually working this time, or is it yet another season of "mentor/father figure ends up betraying the heroes and being the main villain, who's also the fastest speedster yet and Barry yet again has to learn how to fast?"

Barry's the mentor now, Tom Cavanagh is playing a different Wells who as I understand, is literally just Tom Cavanagh, Draco Malfoy is raising every death flag he passes.
Also Starkid Potter is playing the Music Miester soon.

Maybe you should watch it yourself and find out, dumbass.

I fucking hate Wally's character. He spends the entire first half of the season whining about muh powers, I was supposed to have muh speed wah wah wah, so he fucks up immensely trying to get speed, and when he does, he keeps whining about not going on missions because he can't pull of half of the shit Barry can. But the worst part is, throughout all of this, NOBODY tells him to stop being a whiny little bitch and everybody is ok with him suddenly being the star of the show, even though he has done nothing to deserve it.

Nah, this time they twisted up, it's the student (Wally) that will betray the mentor (Barry) and be the main villain, who's also the fastest speedster yet.

>making a diversity quota character a villain
>on a CW show

I don't think so, son.

Everyone, EVERYONE spends the first half of the season whining about flashpoint. Like, holy fuck, they won't stop.

And it's not like it was dystopian or they had to live through it. They whine because they want to live in flashpoint, but barry won't let them.

Speaking of CW shows, i just realized Black Siren was in that Justice Guild episode on JL.

To be honest, Barry was fucking retarded to reset the timeline because A BLOO BLOO BLOO WALLY DIED. Fucker, that's life. Anyone can die at any point. Even if it had been the original, pre-Wellsobard timeline, Wally could have died in a street race accident, or accidentally falling down his stairs, or whatever. Flashpoint overall was a better timeline in every way, but that doesn't mean bad shit couldn't happen, just fucking deal with it, and don't listen to fucking REVERSE FLASH when he says "you gotta let me kill your mom Barry, it's the only way ;^)" when HIM GOING BACK IN TIME TO KILL HER WAS THE ORIGINAL POINT OF TIMELINE DIVERGENCE AND OVERALL TIMEFUCKERY YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER

Barry deserved to be chewed out by everybody for what may very well be the single dumbest decision he's ever made (and that's saying something)

I have a feeling he'll die to save Iris, or he gets lost in the speed-force somewhere and ends up on LoT. Having two Flash's talking about how easy everything is now can only run for so long.

Or Joe dies. Either way there are too many Wests in this show right now.

Barry undoing Flashpoint was incredibly selfish. Literally everyone had a better life in Flashpoint. It was one of those "everyone you know would be happier if you never existed" cliche plots, but still.

Yeah the show really didn't do anything to sell us on the idea that the Flashpoint timeline was any worse than the regular one.

But I'd say that overall the idea of Flashpoint just doesn't work in a universe where the other timeline of what could happen if his mother lives isn't truly known. In comics it made sense that a hero as responsible as Barry would try because everyone knows that his mother's death was not required for the timeline to stay intact as we read the timeline where she's alive for decades. Things only got fucked due to the means of his time travel AND he was only lazy there because his mind was impaired by the original Mirror Master's fuckery.

>listen to fucking REVERSE FLASH when he says "you gotta let me kill your mom Barry, it's the only way ;^)" when HIM GOING BACK IN TIME TO KILL HER WAS THE ORIGINAL POINT OF TIMELINE DIVERGENCE AND OVERALL TIMEFUCKERY YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER
This was so annoying to watch. Like, damn Barry, he's the one who changed time, by stoipping him you are doing the right thing. Fuck.

Yeah, I don't know if the writers forgot that we've been watching a (technically) alternate timeline from the beginning or what. They make it pretty clear early on in the first season that Barry became Flash a few years too early and his mother's death completely changed his life. What they call "Flashpoint" is closer to what the timeline should have been than what we've been watching up to now.

He might get to be on 4a but I think after he'll be a main on Legends of Tonorrow 3b, I'd like to see them swap White Canary for Thea too. (And then Lance go back to being BC because fuck Laurel)

I swear Barry was more worried about losing his old memories and eventually his speed on top of having to know Iris again.
Wally was just the excuse

Holy shit THIS

I thought that was obvious. Hell even in the original altered timeline Cisco is dead.

Wally kind of sucks this season, bringing the show down. Should have just kept Jesse Quick instead.

I dropped the show once Cisco became a cunt, and everyone on the show turned into Arrow levels of melodrama

>It was one of those "everyone you know would be happier if you never existed" cliche plots, but still.
Not even that, Barry's life was also better in flashpoint besides not being the Flash, the only one that had it worse was Joe being a drunk. Also Wally dying, but did he really? I only remember he got hit bad and Barry inmediately panicked and went all "Please kill my mother again Eobard"

>I dropped the show once Cisco became a cunt
He got over it real quick once the crossover started and he's stayed good since.

>Literally everyone had a better life in Flashpoint.

That's not really true.

He was dying.

he is not experienced

but he did learn how to phase through that Yorkin guy, so he's making progress

Caitlin

Eobard

How did Caitlin have it worse again? Didn't she live a perfectly happy life as an optometrist away from all the drama and boyfriend death of Star Labs AND didn't have Killer Frost split personality powers?

I deleted the comment because I remembered Joe was an alcoholic (fixable) and Wally dies, but Caitlin was a doctor with no dead boyfriends. And Eobard got to spend at least one hour a day pissing Barry off, he loved it.

Excellent observations my good sir.