RUSSIAN MOVIES 90s-NOW

Can we please have a thread about russian movies that were realeased after the fall of the UdSSR?

Whats your favourite russian movie? Whats your favourite russian director? Whats your opinion on guys like Aleksei Balabanov and Alexander Sokurov?

Hardcore Henry evolved film narrative more than any movie since 400 Blows

The sequel to this was hot garbage. I can't believe people rate it as highly as the first.

Yes, it was a pure cash grab. Those people you're talking about probably just don't know any better.

Бpaт, Бpaт 2, Boйнa (Brother, Brother 2, War) are the best kinos we (russians) have after the fall of Soviet Union. No one of new untalented, cashgrabbing, shiteating directors, writers can do even a decent thing, All shit. Period.

Really loved a movie called Ostrov (Island). But that's all i can remember from modern Russia.
I kinda liked The Return and Leviathan, but they're.. kinda boring and not my thing.

You should stay with capeshit

> No one of new untalented, cashgrabbing, shiteating directors, writers can do even a decent thing
Have you seen the Fool? Any other works of Bykov or Zvyagintsev?

Sokurov made some good stuff in the 90s and 00s. Zvyagintsev has some interesting movies too, not masterpieces but definitely worth watching. Sergey Loznitsa too (granted he's a ukie)
Ovsyanki, Ostrov, The fool, just on top of my mind

Sorry man. Fool (Durak, Дypaк) is a great film. Man against the system is always cool. I did not mean to offend anyone.
My hatred only concerns "famous" people who make a high-budget film.
We (post soviet people) still do not like you. When you go to a high-budget film, you get everything you expect from it. A clear story, a good game of actors, high-quality special effects and so on.
Almost All post-soviet high-budget films are mostly garbage, sad but true.

> When you go to a high-budget film, you get everything you expect from it. A clear story, a good game of actors, high-quality special effects and so on.
Well yes, transformers, dark tower, ID:resurgence, hunger games, BvS, alien covenant (and a whole bunch of other crap I can't think of at the top of my head) were such high-quality films.

The modern Russian Stalingrad movie was soo bad...China level bad. I also watched a movie about some woman sniper that seemed less bad but I never finished it.

Sry guys. Im retard. There is very good modern russian film i forgot.
It called Flight Crew (Russian: Экипaж, translit. Ekipazh)
Movie contains good special effects, nice storyline, and i kinda like it.
I advise you to look, even if you are not a fan of Russian cinema

Russian Sherlock Holmes is great.

Wasn't it made in the 70s or 80s?

does he look good? rate him Sup Forums

"Mother and Son" (Alexander Sokurov, 1997)
"Tender Age" (Sergey Solovyov, 2000)
"Russian Ark" (Alexander Sokurov, 2002)
"First on the Moon" (Aleksey Fedorchenko, 2005)
"Alexandra" (Alexander Sokurov, 2007)
"Soaring" (Aleksandr Mindadze, 2007)
"Cargo 200" (Aleksey Balabanov, 2007)
"I Love You" (Aleksandr Rastorguev & Pavel Kostomarov, 2011)
"I Don’t Love You" (Aleksandr Rastorguev & Pavel Kostomarov, 2012)
"For Marx" (Svetlana Baskova, 2013)
"The Postman's White Nights" (Andrey Konchalovskiy, 2014)
"Sneakers" (Sergey Solovev, 2016)

Honorable mentions:

"Killer" (Darezhan Omirbayev, 1998)
"Chouga" (Darezhan Omirbayev, 2007)

These two are great Russian language Kazakh movies.

Anyone seen Matilda already? Is it any good?

the very average movie

>having this shit of a taste
consider suicide

No one mentioned Night Watch yet, it was great

No, it wasnt.

Yes, it was.

No!!

Search your feelings, you know it to be true. And even the second part was pretty alright.