Maaaaahraaaayyy Suuuueeeeeee

>Maaaaahraaaayyy Suuuueeeeeee

why are all the new sw characters so shit

>i watched an E;R review, now I'm a comedic genius who hates Star wars

>Faaaaaggggooooooootttttt!

[Spoiler]its a pointing the obvious thread right? [Spoiler]

I dreamed with her last night

That chest

is she gonna turn to the Dark Side in the next movie?

I wonder why

back to Sup Forums

You mock that porg couple but do you honestly think you resemble anything close to the family on the left?

>if you dislike a character you're Sup Forums
gtfo apologist

what did Bob Iger mean?

>fake boobs 80's and 90's
>90's-2000's anorexia fad, no boobs
>brief flare ups of beautiful natural boobs, taken down by our jewish overlords, 2010
>return to flatness, 2010-2017
why even live

Pretty sure female writers is one of the biggest discussions on this board

what a waste of digits

>Talking shit about Poe and Kylo
Everyone else is indeed shit

poe has no presence past the first 30 minutes and Kylo's just a petty brat

Kylo is the only non shit tier disney wars character

Poe's gay as shit and unless disney was going to add a hardcore anal scene, they didn't have a choice. sad

we

poo

WUZ

wuz

Wow,she is hot. Just saw Thor Ragnarok,it was kino.

this cant be real

there is L I T E R A L L Y nothing wrong with this. there's a lot to be upset about with disney right now but this particular picture is not one of them

If someone tells you he isn't gay, show pic related

I also think she is a mary sue but this is just cringe.
E;R is a juvenile weeb who doesn't even bother to give real arguments most of the time, instead relying on Sup Forums banter to try and sound right.

True but we can't blame him, it's so easy to bash this stupid cardboard cut out character. probably theworst character in the history of blockbusters. Even Jar jar Binks wanst' annoying on the same level because he wasn't the main lead, she is.

Someone please post the rey reeeee gif

K A N G Z
A
N
G
Z

>mary sue

And Luke Skywalker wasn't?

No, he wasn't.

>heir to the empire, the Jedi twins, and all that other stuff is now erased

>THIS shit's what is canon

Let that sink in

>got shit beaten out of him in 2/3 movies
>mary sue
yeah sure

Luke took three movies to even get close to using his saber, and he still almost got murdered by the Emperor. Rey can use Jedi Mind Tricks the same exact day she learned the Force was even real.

Luke held up against Vader after like 10 minutes of saber training with Obi-wan but I agree Rey gets her powers too fast

Her name is Rei, not Mary. Rei.

he got btfo in ESB

Yeah but he still held up for at least a few minutes with that little saber training

Is E;R the official Sup Forums approved movie reviewer?

And Vader wasn't even trying to kill him.

>2010
you mean this don't you

He did a pretty shoddy job at not trying to kill him considering he took his hand off

ppl don't understand that being a Mary Sue isn't only about the character abilitys, but also how others react towards the character. Just look how Han or others treat Luke vs Rey.

You cant go more flat than that

That was just stern parenting.

Dubs of truth

I came here to discuss Rey as a character bus instead got Sup Forums bait and shitposting. Oh well.

Sneed

He's one of us, only review of his so far I disagreed was BR2049.

HOL UP

SO YOU BE SAYIN'

I'm much more annoyed by the fact that she's a terrible actress. I mean of all the actress who auditioned for this role, that's who they picked? the one who is unattractive, has a disgusting accent, whose entire acting range consists of the most silly faces?

>silly faces
That's called acting!

Since Weinstein scandal you should know that skills and beauty have nothing to do with Hollywood casting. I really like to know who pushed her there, apparently it's not JJ Abrams. Is it KK or some higher up Disney exec? She is one of the worst case of nepotism since Cara Delevigne

please someone post the collage featuring all her faces in star wars

this?

thanks user

Her ugly face alone disqualifies her from being a mary sue. She's just a shit character.

Never once in the entire movie did Rey meet with a member of the Resistance. She doesnt know anyone besides finn and han.

Yet at the end of the movie, she and leia immediately hug each other like they knew one another when this is clearly not the case. It just make any sense at all in this movie where things happen and dont make sense.

>peasant junker girl with a poor diet on a poor desert planet

>perfectly white and aligned teeth.

Kathleen Kennedy

did he steal that toy?

The opposite is true. She has to look mediocre so all the women can self insert.

Let's not forget that her being SO POWERFUL! is a big plot point in Ep VIII. Disgusting.
If Rey was male, no one would defend the character. Disney uses 'lol representation' as a smokescreen for their shit writing.

I'll discuss her with you, user. But I do think she's terrible, especially if anyone's arguing that her character is 'feminist'. She's not at all.

I don't know about all this Star Wars gobbledygook, but look at all these gets, holy shit.

I think Rey is absolute garbage either way but I also think people forget how powerful Luke was too

I mostly hate what they turned out to be instead of what they could've been.
When it looked like Finn would be the new protag, I thought having a defecting stormtrooper learn to be a jedi and confront his former sith commander would be a great idea. Instead we got the wacky comic relief character who whoops and hollers and doesn't do shit.
Poe is nu-Wedge, but instead of us growing to love him naturally, by actually see him be a great pilot across the films like we did with Wedge, we just get constantly told by everyone how Poe is the coolest, bestest pilot in the whole galaxy you guys.
While I actually do like Kylo Ren's character of a whiny, angsty teen who wants to be cool and edgy, I would've preferred it if he had no relation to the old heroes. At first, I though he was just some historian or archaeologist that studied Darth Vader and the Sith, only to end up growing obsessed with them and their goals. Thus, he makes his own shitty, half-assed lightsaber and a vader-esque helmet and sets out to join the Imperial Remnant.

Then there's Rey, who's played by an awful actress with a forced accent, knows every single skill for every situation that could ever be possibly relevant or useful, even though she'd never have any reason to know it, and is instantly loved by every single person she comes across, who decide to base their entire plans around her because oh my god you guys Rey is just so amazing and awesome and perfect.

Luke was definitely very strong in the Force, but he failed and fucked up far more than Rey did. He also felt far more like a real human character. Some people complain about him being whiny in ANH, but it makes total sense for him to be that way.

How was Luke powerful?
In Empire he only pulled his lightsaber from the snow and lifted some rocks.
In RotJ he defeated Vader, but that was after long training.

New SW sucks

E;R's korra video was good, everything else is shit with Sup Forums garbage thrown in and too many le epic racism jokes.

Said earlier

He used the force to take down the death star with barely any guidance from Obi-wan and held up against Vader for at least a few minutes with minimal training in ESB

What the fuck were they thinking wasting Lupita on a voice role like that anyhow?

Episode IV: Uses the force once to accurately hit the Death Star's main reactor
Episode V: Has to focus and use all his concentration just to pull his lightsaber out of the snow. Got better at it after training with Yoda, but still got his ass smashed trying to take on Vader
Episode VI: Finally beats Vader, but Vader wasn't really willing to kill him anyway and it took tapping into the dark side to finally overwhelm Vader. Promptly refuses Sheev's offer and gets blasted with lightning and almost killed
Yeah, Luke was absurdly powerful in the Original Trilogy. Just like Rey, who did powerful force pulls and mind tricks and could competently fight with a lightsaber after learning about the Force 5 hours ago.

Nice cherry picked image, prequel contrarian fag.

I liked Kylo actually being Han and Leia's son, but it might've been better if he was taken from them as a kid instead of just flipping out six years ago. The timeline on the backstory makes no sense.
Everything you're 100% right on. My speculation is that the Kennedy group nixed the idea of protagonist Finn because it would require spending more time on scripting and storyboarding.

RIP Twi'leks

I'm not saying Rey's level of power is justified, I'm just saying Luke was pretty strong too considering how much training and guidance he had

Don't forget the fact that the prequels invented a bunch of new ships and vehicles and weapons, whereas Disney Wars is literally just all the same old stuff the Rebellion and Empire used, but painted differently and slightly bigger

>prequels

It almost feels like they've done some kind of unseen retcon re:Luke's abilities. And hell, the Emperor and Vader too. There's no way Kylo and Rey should be scarier than Palpatine to him. The guy didn't even need to use a lightsaber.

like father like son

the new creature/alien designs fit into the universe more than the stuff they added in the prequels. lumping in the prequels with the original trilogy absolutely makes no sense here when they are so drastically different.

Why did Rey's parentage get blown up into such a big deal? Her vision made it pretty clear they just abandoned her for whatever reason.

I like the new characters in Star Wars. I already bought tickets to TLJ, I'll be there in December 13 and am pretty hyped.

even working out should give you bigger tits than hers
source: me

Luke got his ass kicked by a floating ball the first time he used a lightsaber. Rey beat a notSith Lord.

Got his ass kicked by a floating ball and is then doing decent against Vader in the next film

Vader was toying with him

his dad is simon peg in a rubber suit that he has to wear since a horrific accident involving a sand storm.
next movie she will go nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and an echo of anakin will go nooooooooooooooooo with her

In case you didn't notice. Vader is his father, he didn't want to kill his son, he never tried to kill him.

The Vader was holding back / Vader was tempting him point makes sense, but I don't see why Vader would take his hand off if he was just messing around with him

>Her vision
???

>but I don't see why Vader would take his hand off
So Luke can see the power of the dark side

I guess, but any asshole with a lightsaber can cut someone's hand off pretty easily, I don't think that really shows the power of the dark side

>tfw you're supposed to fight your son but the first time you knock him down you instinctively try to help him up
makes me cry every time

Did you even watch TFA?

>but any asshole with a lightsaber can cut someone's hand off pretty easily
Kylo Ren can't

Also it seems you still don't understand, the message Vader was giving him is "Resistance is futile"