Is it bad that I actually liked Samurai Jack more than Avatar?

Is it bad that I actually liked Samurai Jack more than Avatar?

No it is within the realm of different tastes.

Samurai Jack and ATLA are pretty much on the same level

I see people on here compare these cartoons often. How good is Samurai jack and should I watch it when I already love Avatar?

Avatar is more about the characters, SJ is more about the animation

Both are pretty good

It's pretty different on a tonal scale. Not to mention that aside from a few recurring characters and some callbacks, it's pretty episodic. But the action is nice and flashy, definitely something to marvel at. Not to mention that the lands Jack travels through are diverse as fuck, like from jungles, to Norse lands to sixties era gangsters. It's a fun series with amazing visuals and nice action. I'd recommend it.

No. That's about the most reasonable thing I've seen on this site in a while.

They're both good.

Samurai Jack is the only cartoon worth watching now. Thank god for Boku No Hero Season 2

Like I said. Reasonable.

No, it just means you have good taste.

But seriously, there are many reasons a person can prefer Samurai Jack over Avatar. They are pretty different in almost every way, so in this case it's more a matter of personal opinion over objective viewpoints.

They master their strengths really well, It's just a matter of what you look for in a good show.

It means there's something inherently wrong with you

is that out already

That's just like saying you like Blade Runner more than the Godfather. They're both good, it doesn't matter which one you like more.

Unless you come around like a shithead going "I like Samurai Jack more than Avatar, therefore Avatar is AWFUL SHIT and you like to drink dog piss if you like it", which is what most arguments on this site basically are.

>I see people on here compare these cartoons often.

Why? They are completely different in tone.

The only relation i can make between the two is that they both respect the viewer a lot... And both have mako

Mr Enter?

They're nothing alike, no one cares if you watch it or not.

Avatar was trash that only appealed to people who liked shounen anime. It aped anime tropes and is only noteworthy because it apes them well. Which is great if you like that stuff.

Samurai Jack was a western remix of Eastern themes a'la Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven. Instead of trying to be an "anime" it focuses more on the tropes of Western action cartoon.

You might add well say that Heracles, Star Wars and Journey to the West were just a bunch of Shonen tropes too.

They're comparable in terms of quality, despite the tones being entirely different.

It's like The Godfather vs. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

>tropes tropes tropes tropes tropes
Holy shit, could you give an actual critique of shows without referring to tropes or genre?

No, Avatar was actually bad.