'Thor: Ragnarok' Delivers $121M Domestic Opening Along with Record China Debut

>'Thor: Ragnarok' Delivers $121M Domestic Opening Along with Record China Debut
boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4341&p=.htm

>'Blade Runner 2049' Struggles to $31.5 Million Opening Weekend
boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4332&p=.htm

HAHAHAHA! Fun! HAHAHA! Just turn off your brain, dude! HAHA! The death of Western culture! HA!

capekino wins again, brainlets BTFO

>55 mil opening in China for November
>Record breaking

Still less than GOTG2 and Home coming then? U hate all these "records"

the quality of a movie is not determined by how much money it makes
otherwise fast and the furious is kino

I'm all for the death of Western culture if it means less fags like you OP

Why are you guys so into Blade Runner? Who cares about killing robots? They aren't people.

>quips and cgi, the movie
No wonder it's making a killing in chinkland

At least it wasn't like gotg and undermined every serious moment with a quip. And if you were looking for something more than a campy flash gordon-esque movie, (like Taika Watiti was selling it as) you should've seen blade runner 2049.

Marvel is just one big joke now,
Comic book sales have tanked and all the movie characters have now been turned into parodies of themselves acting out to a 2 hour laughing track.

Thor Ragnarok had legitimate good action scenes i felt like watching Raiden from Mortal Kombat.

>Sup Forums manchildren and capeshit
So, this is the cancer of this board...

I liked it

T. Brazilain

I think they meant for Thor

so?

You're the reason our country is dumb and voted for Lula, Dilma and Temer, faggot.

>At least it wasn't like gotg and undermined every serious moment with a quip
Except it did exactly that

Your country is dumb for a whole host of reasons.

Saw it yesterday with friends. I only seen 2 other MCU movies before this (Avengers 1, Guardians). Why does this movie feel so much in tone with Guardians? I heard about Thor and seen trailers to the other movies and in this one he seems like Chris Pratt's character in Guardians.

That China """"""record"""""" is less than Homecoming and GotG2 what the fuck

B T F O

But BR and Thor 3 are both good movie but in totally different terms.

my mom and sister and I were all going to see blade runner this weekend, but we switched to thor because it was nearly 3 hours long. thor was still almost too long. movies should be closer to 90 minutes than 2 hours. they never used to be this long

Yep, I remember the quips when Rocket shot Gamora so she wouldn't go aftet Peter and during the fireworks scene. Oh wait.

>The death of Western culture
compared to what Islam movies?

>Why does this movie feel so much in tone with Guardians?
Because the original Thor comics were basically that. Trying to present what was originally a pretty camp comic hero as an exiled hard done by hero wasn't working, so they went closer to the source material.

i also liked it, and i generally dislike superhero movies. it executed the marvel quip formula very well. if i had to show someone a good marvel movie that also was representative of marvel movies as a whole, i'd show this one. was genuinely funny and enjoyable

And during Yondu's death scene and while Peter was fighting Ego. Nothing but quips all the way down, yep yep.

Not all of us are autistic and can't sit still for a couple hours

This. GotG2 was inarguably ruined by quips but the "serious moment followed by quip" tier belongs to Ragnarok alone

> is audience demos were closer to a 50/50 split than its predecessor, whose opening weekend audience was 62% male.

Probably a record for the 3rd Wednesday of the month or some such nonsense

My start time for Thor was 11 am. At 11:05 they stopped playing the shitty commercials and started showing actual trailers. Honestly there were at least 5trailers. Maybe 7. They just kept on coming:
>horse soldiers in afghanistan
>black panther
>small matt damon
>Heat 2017 starring Fiddy Cent
>star wars
And probably one or two else I cant remember. It was well after 2 pm by the time we walked out of the theater. The end scene with Goldblum was dumb but I guess thats how it works with these movies. The first after credits scene is the one that teases the next movie, and the very final scene is some gag like Howard the Duck.

3 hour movies are nu. villainueve should've made a tight film instead of wanking over his cinematography. blade runner was 112 minutes

you're a little baby. the town where i live has 30 minutes of commercials AFTER the time listed on your ticket. it's a crime

>The first after credits scene is the one that teases the next movie, and the very final scene is some gag like Howard the Duck.
there's TWO after credit scenes? that's excessive

I just came back from seeing this and I basically agree, as someone who also doesn't really like Marvel movies. Waititi understands how to direct comedy (What We Do In The Shadows is one of the funniest movies of the last decade) so the jokes mostly actually land rather than collapsing leadenly into the viewers ears every thirty seconds. Blanchett's performance in particular is hilarious, she hams it up so hard.

So did Loki get the Tessaract off of Asgard before the planet blew up?

>alone
no.

from memory alone i remember taserface's monologue, Hasselhoff after the "i killed ur mom" reveal, pacman, "it's beautiful (so are you on the inside)", Pratt dropping the ball in the 1st. It's occasionally well done (beautiful) but the formula and tempo are cliche and you get accostumed to it

when Thor throws the ball, i really think there wasnt ONE person in the world who thought he'd break the window (specially because THAT itself isnt a cliche to have the rug pulled from under it, it isnt a established trope to throw a ball on a alien window containing gladiatorial slaves to break it)

the humor in Thor is pretty goddamn clunky

>The death of Western culture! HA!
Literally NOTHING wrong with this.

B-BUT THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE F-FIRST MARVEL MOVIE TO F-F-F-FAAAILLLLLL

Thor trying to break the glass with the ball got the biggest laugh in my theater. Hulk jumping out of the ship is the only other joke that came close

>orgies in da spaceship

was this suppose to be a children's movie?!

>implying you cant like both

lol

Rogue is unironically my favorite X-men character. I genuinely love her backstory and how much a curse her powers are. The movies dropped the ball hard on her.

>the first
Cap 1 and Hulk flopped, kid

Legit curious here: how is this movie relevant to the death of western culture?

if that was thanos at the end to make thor float in space at the end of guardians of the groot then im sure he pocketed the cube and sided with the enemy per usual

>nigger Valkyria
>manchild propaganda
>a piece of shit through and through
That's about it but don't worry, the west will survive this time

>Cap 1 flopped
>140 budget
>380 box office alone and 2 very successful sequels, including its immediate follow up getting over 700 million
I love this board's bullshit armchair math.

Do Americans get Taika's humour?

Not even memeing, did you get his other flicks?

maybe from the visuals itself, because the concept is lame as shit

hemsworth isnt bad at comedy

>>manchild propaganda
Literally all blockbusters are manchild propaganda. James Bond was a straight up cartoon in the 70s. Arnold movies of the 80s were retarded wish fulfillment. Some of this board's favorite movies like The Mummy are straight up shlock.

Cry more faggot.

Thor 3 was fucking rad though

WW loses again

UMA

I dont know comic books, is the hulk invincible? can you shoot david banner in the head or does he instantly get angry

and do you think he would have defeated the fire demon at the end?

i tried going today and my theater does reserve seating, and like a moron i didnt reserve,and got told nope at the counter, sold out except first 3 rows.

why didnt i reserve.

budget
box office
>what is marketing
>what are distribution costs
That's a flop baby!!

In comics, he instantly gets angry enough to fuck your shit up

He probably would not have defeated Surtur because he has no reason to be so angry at him, also Surtur's outside of his power level.

Did you know its impossible to not generate a profit unless a movie clears 1 billion dollars on its first night?

>making less than Suicide Squad
Jesus christ

so would sword witch stab the hulk to death?

Did you know that marketing ain't free? Did yo know that theaters take 50% of the gross (more overseas)? Did you know that Cap 1 flopped? Well now you do!

They’re both just turn your brain off movies Thor is worse though

>can you shoot david banner in the head or does he instantly get angry
Bruce. And in the movies he actually mentions trying, but he hulked out before it hurt him.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Well she's not 'goddess of stabbing in the comics' but has actual magic and stuff

To be honest with the Hulk whoever wins is just dependent on what is convenient. It's especially hard to judge how a hero fares against other heroes' rogue galleries, especially since most of the Thor villains use magic. They can probably just avoid fighting him head on.

But in the movie he falls 500 ft onto a glass bridge as Bruce and doesn't die

Actually movie theaters take 90% of all box office and then 2% more per weekend its still in the theaters.

My biggest problem with Thor Ragnarok was them giving Hela a cape. Any moment her ass was un-obscured was award worthy.

>I don't like capeshit but
Well shilled, I like your style.

Can't be mad, I really enjoyed Ragnarok.

Shame Blade Runner didn't do better though, it really deserved more than it got.

>Suicide Squad would have made 820-850 millions had it been released in China
>made more than Winter Soldier without China
>the movie is actual torture to sit through
Yeah DC is totally done for lads, totes closing up shop soon

so why are there blacks in asgard?

>Thor’s Hammer doesn’t give him power it just controls the power he already has
Is that how it works in the comics or is it just “power within” shit they added for this movie?

>At least it wasn't like gotg and undermined every serious moment with a quip.
It did though

Don't even open that can of worms, it's really confusing and changes all the time.

Generally he gets his lightning powers from his hammer, but that is mostly because in his first incarnation he was a mortal who turned into Thor with Mjollnir, so without Mjollnir he would return to a normal human.

The person who 'wields' Mjollnir changes into Thor, even if that person isn't Thor himself. If someone is worthy and picks up the hammer, he transforms into someone with Thor armor and Thor powers. And without his hammer, Thor turns into the god of killing things with an axe.

He still has powers even without his hammer.

I loved Cyberkino: The Movie, but I enjoy a good cape flick from time to time. Y'all autists just need to learn how to enjoy movies.

There is literally no consistency in comic lore. Writers make shit up whenever they get control of a character and the cinematic universe is no different.

Blade Runner was 112 minutes and still wanked over it's cinematography because it had a very basic plot. Besides i appreciate that Villenueve went out of his way to make the directors cut be the theatrical cut after all these capeshits that keep saying "ooh but the directors cut is so much better! The studio really dampened it's vision!"

>movies should be closer to 90 minutes than 2 hours

>it executed the marvel quip formula very well

The state of this board, november 2017.

No Thor beat the openings of both Homecoming and Wonder Woman

N-no, this can not be happening, Thor films are Marlel's biggest duds...

>waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
>waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

He's right though. Movies shouldn't go that much further past 90 minutes, if you reach 2 hours you need to trim out the fat.

Man you have missed a lot of jokes. They do an animated credit sequence after each marvel movie that just highlights the main cast and the director and stuff, then they put in a teaser for another Marvel movie. Then they roll the normal credits on black screen and after that there's a short little bonus scene that's usually just a joke.

I had my doubts about that song at first but they really used it to good effect.

That's really not that impressive if you factor in certain expenses. Why is Marlel so insecure?

What if there is no fat?
What if you need two or three hours to tell the story you want to tell?

Wolf of Wall Street
Magnolia
Lord of the Rings: TROTK

All great movies, all over three hours.
Fuck off

I just want to know what you guys thing about the end credits scenes in thor

I had to watch blade runner near Baltimore and like 10 basketball americans left before it was over.

Seen both in the cinema, liked both. Such a thing is possible user, to both coexist and be liked at the same time.

Saw it in theatres yesterday
AMA

paying off those critics worked. too bad the film is still awful

Whole asgard population fit in a spaceship

wat

Google "Gotg2 post credit scenes" and tell me how many there were

>worships the goddess of death

Thor was often cosmic but never camp. Camp is code for gay.