So what did you guys think?

So what did you guys think?

What is this?

Adventure Time Islands Miniseries

Shit.

They should have just gone back to what made the show good.

Was it good?

Yeah many here agree that it was better than Stakes

I really enjoyed it. Part of me wishes it had come closer to the end of the series, but since it's managed to bring back quite a lot of people who dropped it a while ago, I think it worked out well.

It's a new high point for the series, in my opinion.

fantastic, and pretty satisfying answers to Finn's origins while leaving the potential for future stories with Dr. Gross.

What are the odds they'll be able to hold this level of quality until the series finale?

70% IMO

It fucking salvaged Martin.

That shouldn't have been possible.

So, yeah, it was pretty fucking good.

Dr. Gross is as dead as Tiffany.

Quite good, actually, previous seasons were full of gems.

Pretty good

I liked it. Some of the Susan strong stuff felt out of place to me, but I can't hate too hard.

Hopefully. so, what will the series finale be? The Lich King?

It kills me that after everything they'd both been through that Minerva couldn't hug her own son

I haven't seen Adventure Time in ages, I heard PB and Marceline being lesbians is canon now? Or was that just delusional yuri fans that are desperate for it to be true?

Also does Finn get a new girlfriend?
Last time I watched was about the time he broke up with Flame Princess and went on a bender in which, what I can only assume, he lost his virginity to LSP.

It was excellent. Season 8 has been pretty good so far and I hope they keep the quality up until the very end.

Olivia Olson once joked about them having dated in the past, and had to come out and say it was a joke when people took her seriously. There's some teasing of it in the show, but officially, they're still just friends. Finn doesn't currently have a girlfriend and he's in no rush to date anyone again.

I enjoyed it but felt it wrapped up way too quickly, one more episode with Minerva would have been better.

>I heard PB and Marceline being lesbians is canon now?
No. It's not.

>he lost his virginity to LSP.
He didn't, but she was the first kiss for which he put out the tongue.

That's what they literally did in this miniseries.

Did you even watch it?

How do you know that, for all we know doctor gross could have a back up body

Islands will be the last high of the series and it will decline all the way until the finale in 2018

Pretty decent. It was pretty boring at times.

PB and Marceline's former relationship is basically canon.

They can prance about saying that sort of stuff outside of the show all they want but until it's actually said in an episode it doesn't matter.

I liked it. Wasn't really the "back to roots" type deal I saw people say it was but it was definetly an improvement. It balanced the action and emotion better than earlier episodes for sure.
Kinda dumb they never really brought up Finn's dad and Susan just sorta fucking off was a bit lame, but yeah. Watch it if you haven't yet

I'm leaning on the side that it is basically canon, but 'shared history' is so vague, it could mean anything.

It was good. Made me remember what I liked about the characters and backstory.

So how come Susan and her crew have gills? How did they get past the guardian but no one else could?

You're either trolling or massively stupid.

Probably the latter due to poor memory.

Susan does not have gills. She never had gills. We see her repeatedly with her hat off throughout the miniseries.

The hyoomans are not from the islands.

Susan was sent out on a ship to retrieve Finn. It's presumable that Seekers have some sort of clearance to allows them to pass the Guardian in pursuit of Hiders, but the sequence of images in Susan's memory flashes in "The Invitation" implies that the Guardian might actually be the reason her ship crashed.

>Susan does not have gills

She doesn't? Then why was she surprised that Finn didn't have them? Guess I need to reacquaint myself with some of the earlier episodes.

They're probably fine.

>Then why was she surprised that Finn didn't have them?
Because she thought Finn was one of the hyoomans. That's why she calls them hyoomans in Beautopia, because Finn kept calling himself human in her first appearance.

It was canon. But they're not curently together, i think.

As for Finn getting a new gf, Huntress Wizard is the closest he got so far.

Yeah. And there's the fact that she still likes him as of Wheels

I'm kind of curious if they plan to do anything with that, or if it was just a callback.

I could call that a callback, but they had the time to focus on her for a moment. That's probably some foreshadowing or something.

I hope they do more with it, because that "we're two special beasts destined to be apart" doesn't make any sense and it sounds more like she wanted to sound cool.

Also I hope they don't do anything stupid like they did with Flame Princess

I miss FP.

So do we all, user

I really liked it! Kinda wish Minerva'd been a bit thicker, though

Yeah and you're delusional if you think anything other than HW and Fern getting together is what's going to happen.

How much rage will there be on the day of the GRASSED.com?

Proabably the best Adventure Time has done, which in retrospect isn't really saying that much, but it was still pretty good.

I just hope that the show keeps the quality through the rest of the series. There's not much time left and I hope they don't dick around anymore.

It's so obvious that it's TOO obvious. There's no way the writers don't know how we felt about the FP debacle, so they're playing on our pessimism by making it look like HW/Fern will happen, only to make it crystal clear that it WON'T happen.

Like Fern keeps saying, he's not Finn.

>HW/Fern getting close
>Fern finds out she liked Finn
>"You only like me because I remind you of Finn"

After all the bullshit the writers caused with the whole FP fiasco (and they know it), I doubt FernxHW will happen. They already pissed off the fans with Frost and Fire, Too Old, Earth and Water and The Red Throne. Doing something like that again is another bullshit move.

Please, you and I both know the AT writers hate Finn with a fiery passion and did all those episodes on purpose, and will gladly do so again.

Keep dreaming. You just want to see more suffering.

it was ok

I think it was gay and prefer the first few seasons when it was about funny bullshit.

I enjoyed it; decent adventures and above average feels.

hey bro the storyboarders put it forward and my thirst isn't quenched

It was great. Honestly some of my favorite Adventure Time that I've ever seen.

I hope they do something with it. Finn needs a healthy relationship with a girl and Huntress Wizard is cute.

But Islands was still full of funny bullshit