Has any other movie struck such a chord?

Has any other movie struck such a chord?

Honestly for me, no. I have hated the movie industry recently. All these fucking reboots, shitty super hero movies, franchise money grabs.

This movie has reminded me that cinema as an art form is still alive and well..

Thank you Villeneuve for this masterpiece you beautiful motherfucker.

It is alive but it is definitely not well. The fact that film bombed commercially is just another indication of what the masses want.

when was the last time kino was commercially successful? LOTR?

you're right, i misspoke.. I'll just have to cherish this kino forever while hollywood keeps going to shit. It's the only thing i can do desu.

i am indian, i go to community college and YES i love blade runner 2049! it is pure k i n o!
>based goose
>based deakins
>BASED villenueve
CELLS WITHIN FEELS XD XD XD
>tfw no holo gf ;_;

You mean with us personally as individuals or collectively as Sup Forums?

Are you literally 12 years old?

you okay bud?

>blue alien pocahontas with the only redeeming quality being it's special effects that can be explained by the fact that it had a budget larger than the GDP of some european countries
>kino

>franchise money grabs
That's EXACTLY what Blade Runner 2049 was. Not surprising it was produced by none other than Sony.

post Blade runner memes

Unironically Bridge to Terabithia

It's made 150 mil foreign and 80 mil domestic, with a production budget of 150 mil. The movie was certainly profitable, not a flop. Opening weekend was weak, but this is a long-term investment, not a one-time bang like capeshit.

The budget doesn't take into account marketing and other costs. I think with Blu ray sales it will break even. I'm astounded it hasn't done better but then again I don't think the majority of people have the stamina for a 2 hour 45 min film. Sad really.

You think marketing and other costs are >80 mil?? I have no idea, but seems really unlikely.

just get out of here man

this, if they did any kind of analysis they'd realize that they can milk
this with infinite boxsets and swag that nerds would swallow whole.

Probably will pimp the franchise out for another vidya as well.

>Blade Runner 2049
>money grab

You do know that the first film was a box office failure, right? If anything Sony were fucking insane to throw so much money at it.

Sony payed only 90 millions, for international distribution.

>that shot at the beginning that shows the magnitude of the city

anyone got a webm

this