If Warner Bros wants to make a grim, gritty, sexualized, serious, violent movie about Batman and Superman so badly

If Warner Bros wants to make a grim, gritty, sexualized, serious, violent movie about Batman and Superman so badly

Why don't they just

make an Authority movie?

should be HBO series not a movie

> comic features a gay married couple
> violence would make it R rated

maybe in twenty years.

Because normies don't care about the Authority. Hell, comic fans barely care about the Authority.
How are you going to make a billion dollars from a movie where Midnighter fights Apollo?

That's why HBO would work. People would watch just because it's on there and maybe has some recognizable actors.

>where Midnighter fights Apollo

yeah... "fights"....

They fight each other with their dicks.

Because they want to market Batman and Superman, but almost literally gave a blank check to a gore-obsessed Objectivist man child.

no body cared about a taking raccoon and a walking tree that was voiced by vin diesel. now guardians is a huge thing

Because you don't get those sweet china bucks by making a movie with a pair of explicitly *homosexual* main characters. Also, brand recognition.

because it might be fun if it was the authority

Because you'd need to do a Stormwatch movie first to set it up?

>Warner Bros makes a grim, gritty, sexualized, serious, violent movie about Batman and Superman
>Marvel retorts with this (and also reboots Wolverine after Jackman's departure from the role)
Do want.

Thats not Squadron Supreme.

>Marvel makes Squadron Supreme
>releases to critical success
>tfw when you live in a timeline where Marvel made a better JL movie than DC

is midnighter that world's bruce wayne or someone else? is he even like batman in that he's a billionaire etc? the marvel one seems closer to him than he does

I'm not sure what his canonical background is in the N52 but I'm pretty sure he was abducted by aliens and experimented on as a kid. He's not a billionaire, he's just a literal killing machine. He exists to fight and kill, the only real similarity he has to Bruce is that he wears a lot of black and is pretty much unpowered compared to his workmates (Apollo, Engineer, the god of cities, ect).

He was raped by Owls

> movies usher a new age of cape flicks with homos

well, dreaming is free.

>If Warner Bros wants to make movie about Batman and Superman so badly

>Why don't they just make an Authority movie?

HMMMMM

> (OP)
>Because normies don't care about the Authority. Hell, comic fans barely care about the Authority.
Same could be said about pretty much the entire MCU.
People knew Hulk, Spider-man, and Captain America. But no one gave 2 shits about Hawkeye, Scarlett Witch, Vision, Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Black Panther, Ant-man, war machine, Guardians, Dr. Strange.
And yet Disney makes massive bank on all of them and more.

That'll make you gay for shure.

>fights

Because Hollywood isn't going to fund an incredibly violent R rated superhero film that has 2 of its main characters being married gay couple

I want an authority film, or even just a Midnighter/Apollo film, but it's not happening for a long time

BvS didn't make a billion though

they don't want to bother with marketing

Why would you want an authority film? Anything less than R rated isn't worth seeing.

i'd watch

we need more wholesome gays

If Deadpool 2 isn't gay as fuck I'm gonna be disappointed. Homokino is the future.

There's nothing objectivist about bvs or Mos, and more important how can you call him a manchild when you are on a board full of grown ups that watch cartoons for kids and complain that Snyder isn't formulaic

People still don't care about them. They are the flick of the week, forgettable, safe, and easy to digest.

I'm torn because I like how Deadpool handled the het romance. On other hand... Cable.

Deadpool 2 is going to be disappointing as hell no matter what. They probably won't even call it Cable & Deadpool.

Goyer said only virgins know about Martian Munhunter, and want to see him on the big screen. If we assume this is the sort of thinking everyone in charge of the films has, then Authority is level 99 Wizards only thing, you can't even hot topic it up like Suicide Squad/Gotham Sirens.

The merchandise was insane. And the Turkish airlines alone gave them over 50 millions. Much more profitable in that aspect than any Mcu movie when it comes to adult mech (t-shirts, adult costumes, etc) . Snyder is lucky his surname sounds Jewish

Zack Snyder would be a great director for the Authority. It would match his darker style, lack of emotions, and his cinematography would look very similar to the panels.

Why people complain about goyer saying that when Johns did something worst?

Their relationship is one of the best things about the Authority. It's nice that neither is flamboyant (anymore than any other superhero,) or talk with lisps.

It speaks to the way that WB treat DC properties. What did Johns do?

>you can't even hot topic it up like Suicide Squad/Gotham Sirens.

idk man, I can see edgy merchandise of Midnighter working.

He took Martian manhunter out of the league to protect Hal Jordan, he pitched a movie for cyborg, a movie that is dead, cyborg was pushed into the flash movie and the flash movie now died, all product of Johns convincing the suits that Cyborg had potential and was popular. And yet we still have no Hal Jordan in the league, the suits still believe that the mad taste in the mouth of the gl movie would wash better with John or Kyle.

It may be a stereotype, but if you want someone other than dumb kids to buy belts and leather...

>Martian manhunter out of the league to protect Hal Jordan
How does MM hurt Hal Jordan's place in the league?

I agree it's a bad decision to take out MM from Justice League though and Cybrog would be better served back with the Titans and will likely never be popular enough to survive without a team. If they want more colour in JL they should go with Black Lightning, it makes perfect sense for him to be on the team due to being one of the first black superheroes.

>Midnighter gets a DAMAGED tattoo on his forehead
Nevermind, I don't think I want WB to make an Authority movie.

>People still don't care about them
Spoilers: Avengers are now selling more merch than Despicable Me and Batman combined. Yes, really.

> gay Wolverine and Hercules
People would literally not understand it at all.

>sexualized
????

>OP is literally Midnighter revenge raping a dude with a jack hammer
> not sexual

???

Is not about Martian manhunter, is about John Stewart. Johns knew that the failed 2011 jl movie had John, and that after the gl movie the suits didn't want Hal Jordan, by getting rid of j'onn and introducing cyborg you complete the black guy quota and protect Hal's place in the team. It didn't really work out the original dceu gl movie was about rookie Kyle and veteran John as gl and Hal as parallax, that probably triggered Johns into reeeeeee pretty hard, one of the reasons the movie it's delayed its making Hal the protagonist.

>DAMAGED
>not COCK GOES HERE with an arrow pointing to his mouth

> not just a picture of a rooster