Why is The New Lars commonly regarded as one the worst episodes of it's series while The Love God isn't...

Why is The New Lars commonly regarded as one the worst episodes of it's series while The Love God isn't? In TNL Steven temperately takes over the body of Lars and when he comes clean at the end Lars rightly freaks out. In TLG Mabel permanently drugs multiple people into falling in lust and the show treats it as if it's a good thing.

I don't see the connection between the episodes. Nor why you dislike them.

There's already a mabel hate thread up

anyways the potion isn't permanent

The moral of The Love God was that trying to save a fucked up situation by screwing with it more is an awful idea. Sometimes you just have to live with your mistakes, even if they didn't work out totally square.

Also, was using potions she stole from Cupid. As in, the same methods as the guy whose job it is to make humans fall in love in a natural and healthy manner in arbitrary pairings he chooses. That's hardly "[drugging] multiple people into falling in lust".

When you brainwash someone fixing that brainwashing is "screwing up the situation"?

>fixing that brainwashing is "screwing up the situation"?
You seem to ignore that part where it becomes clear that using the "antidote" would have made Robbie and Tambry hate each other more than they originally did. That's not exactly fixing it.

I liked Love God. It had a lot of decent laughs.

>Why is The New Lars commonly regarded as one the worst episodes of it's series
This is a first, are you just trying to start shirt? That episode was easily a 7/10, maybe even an 8/10 if you like Lars.

Even during the live talkback threads a lot of people were saying how they enjoyed it despite it being a Lars episode.

The main negatives I kept hearing was that "it's so cringeworthy". Which I didn't get, I just found the episode funny.

shit*

Because
>Gravity Falls = Great series whose filler/pointless episodes are still entertaining
>Steven Universe = Boring series whose filler/pointless episodes are great in number and a slog to get through

>filler/pointless episodes are still entertaining
>Gravity Falls
>Roadside Attraction
>The one with the fucking unicorns
>You know what let's just say the half of season 2 that wasn't the Pacifica episode

>brainwash

Nigga is the LOVE GOD, he is responsable for love. I mean,it's like saying that the God that the is responsable for the rains and thunder is stealing the job of normal nature....when said god was ALWAYS in charge of it anyway.

This, I liked The New Lars as well, not only that there was finally a cartoon that didn't change the voices while switching bodies, also pretty much developed Lars as a whole. The Love God was a pretty forgettable episode because nothing remarkable happened with it other than the hilarious Grunkle Stan moments. The rest was just Mabel trying to forcibly find Robbie to be in love with Tambry by stealing a potion. The whole episode just felt like a poorly written fanfic.

How do you think Steven responded to finding out about Lars' vagina?

Sadie only wanted to be with Lars because he had a big dick.

If this isn't the worst episode in gravity falls it's up there
As for Steven universe worst episode is a meaningless title since most episodes are trash

>The New Lars commonly regarded as one the worst episodes of it's series while The Love God isn't?
you seem to be lost. bizarro Sup Forums is that way

I just realized how much Lars looks like a monkey

Yeah but you are not a real person so...

Of course he does, if you have to buy a dick to wear, they come in any size you want.

I suppose it went further than most gravity falls episodes do by acknowledging that Mabel made a mistake, even if she didn't have to face any punishment for it

>There's already a mabel hate thread up
Go make a mabel love thread if you're sick of people hating on mabel. The OP wasn't hating on mabel, it got turned into one by other anons.

Love God wasn't nearly as bad as a lot of the Dipper has a crush on Wendy episodes

The New Lars is probably one of the best Lars and Sadie episodes, I like it much more than Sadie's Song, Joking Victim, Lars and the Cool Kids or Horror Club

>Literally third post
>Second one was more neutral
Why are Mabel haters such colossal faggots?

I wasn't hating on mabel, just telling you to stop being a whiny faggot.

And I'm a diffrent user telling you to stop being a retarded faggot.

Ssshh, you hear that, it's the wwwwaaaahhhbiance on it's way to bring you a box of tissues.

Huh, sounds like BLM.

They could certainly use a new Lars after this shitshow.

Gravity Falls had filler episodes, but they were few and far between and even the worst filler episodes still have some kind of slight character development, or a decent monster, or at least a good share of ridiculous and funny moments (ex. Love God had pic related, Roadside Attraction had Dipper finally getting over his shit with Wendy and had a creepy fucking monster-of-the-week).

Steven Universe has filler episodes, and for the most part there's really nothing too them. The ones that do have any kind of character development are wasted developing side characters no one cares about, they're usually not particularly funny or entertaining. They're just 10 minutes you feel obligated to force yourself to watch for the sake of completion.

Bottom line - both shows have filler, but Gravity Falls's filler manages to be at least mildly entertaining, while Steven Universe's filler is just wasted time.

Do we even know if the Love God is an actual love god and not just some weird dude who fucks with people? I mean we never see him at earlier points in the show making Mabel and Dipper fall in love with whomever Mabel chose that day or Dipper with Wendy. And if he's in control of all love he should've been there right?

One of the things does show actually does well is show the context for any concept they introduce. Nothing comes out of nowhere. When a creature shows up we either get an explanation of where it came from or why it's there for that particular episode and other similar creatures. When some object shows up it's contextualized enough so that it's not just some random bullshit meant to propel the episode forward. But we don't see a pantheon of other gods who dictate events or emotions. There's just some fat fuck with potions who claims to be in charge of love with no visual or even implied proof to back it up. And by that point the Gravity Falls has gone quite a ways to show that people will go to great lengths to manipulate and control other people by supernatural means and go so far to claim its their right to do so.

So again, what is there to prove that the Love God really is a Love God and not just some random fucker?

Because all the hate went to an even worse episode.
>anyways the potion isn't permanent
That's only stated in the bonus material which very few people will see, so that hardly counts.

good try; but the new lars was a good episode just form the reactions of the people of beach city

I haven't seen that episode because I heard it was shit.

>Worst episode of Steven Universe
>Anything other than Sadie's Song
>Worst episode of Gravity Falls
>Anything other than Roadside Attraction

Your thread was flawed from that start

I loved that episode because it showed ACTUAL LOVE between a man and woman. Robbie and the goth chick actually cared about eachother lot while drugged. Its amazing you have to drug a woman to stop her from being a cock whore.

What I hated about The Love God is that instead of Thompson standing up for himself and telling the other teens to fuck off he just falls back into being the group's designated shit-eater. It felt like a kiddie version of "Seahorse Seashell Party" from Family Guy (the episode where the moral was that it's noble for Meg to put up with physical and emotional abuse because it helps her family get along)

Wew