/br/ - Blade Runner General

Previous thread Be a good Joe and see it again in theaters before it’s gone.

Topics open for discussion
>Your fav scene
>Was Joi’s love genuine?
>Who was best waifu?
>Times you’ve acted like the Runner

Blacklisted Questions
Was Deckard a replicant? No
Did K die at the end? Yes

I saw Ryan Gosling at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how special it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now -within cells interlinked?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “cells?” but he kept repeating me and saying “cells? cells? cells?” and standing calmly in front of me. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him go off baseline as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the door with like fifteen Emanators in his hands without paying.
The Joi at the counter was very nice about it and special, and was like “Joe, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the Emanators and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them individually “to prevent any cells from being interlinked,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s on baseline. After she scanned each Emanator and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by realizing he might be Rachel’s child really loudly.

>fav scene
Cells interlinked
>joi's love genuine
yes she was a wafiu
>best waifu
joi then chief
>times you've acted like the blade runner
every day user

Luv is best girl

>Was Joi's love genuine
It was all programming. Everything you want to see. Everything you want to hear.

>Fav scene
Elvis hologram shootout
>Was Joi’s love genuine?
lmao no she was a product and a shitty one at that.
>Best waifu
Joi. qt, never leaves the house without you.
screamed at my mom when she confirmed the dream i had about shitting myself at the mall actually happened

>Fav scene
>Elvis hologram shootout
Fuck. Why was this scene so good. I know i’ll Sound degenerate for saying this but I was drunk and low on sleep the first time I saw this movie and I fell asleep for a good middle part of the movie. But I woke up right at this scene. It was surreal as fuck. Like the sound was messing up even in the theater. I went back and watched it the next day to see it complete and it was overwhelming.

>Good Joe

>fav scene
hologram "kissing" scene on the roof
>was joi's love genuine
Probably not, but it was to K while she was alive
>waifu
Mariette by a long shot
>Time I've acted like the Runner
Visited my childhood home (it was an open house because it was being sold) and I distinctly remembered there being a room in the basement that I would play in but when I went down it wasn't there. And its not like they could have renovated, there was a wall where I thought the door was. Fucking bizarre feeling

>user K-Y-S-4-dash-three-dot-seven, let's begin. Ready?
Yes, sir.
>Recite your baseline.
And reddit newfaggotry began to spin... A board of posts crosslinked within posts crosslinked within posts crosslinked within one (you)... And meaningless memes against the blue, a short fat neckbeard cried.
>Posts.
Posts.
>Have you ever been out of the house? Posts.
Posts.
>Do they make you post? Posts.
Posts.
>When you're not shitposting, do they keep you in a little room? Posts.
Posts.
>Crosslinked.
Crosslinked.
>What's it like to hold the pillow of your waifu? Crosslinked.
Crosslinked.
>Did they teach you how to feel nothing and nothing? Crosslinked.
Crosslinked.
>Do you long for having your quints crosslinked? Crosslinked.
Crosslinked.
>Do you dream about being crosslinked?
Crosslinked.
>What's it like to hold your fapfu in your hands? Crosslinked.
Crosslinked.
>Do you feel that there's a cancer inside you that's trying? Crosslinked.
Crosslinked.
>Within posts crosslinked.
Within posts crosslinked.
>Why don't you say that three times: Within posts crosslinked.
Within posts crosslinked. Within posts crosslinked. Within posts crosslinked.
>We're done. Constant user, you can pick up your tendies.

Thank you, sir.

Guys, do you think joi had a functional mind like replicants do, or was she literally an ai?

here's another (you)

she was an AI who's programming allowed for some independent thought to suit her "Joe" within reason.

>Posts.

>>Your fav scene
the car crash at the scrapheap
>>Was Joi’s love genuine?
yes, more genuine than most thots
>>Who was best waifu?
joi
>>Times you’ve acted like the Runner
I have sat and stared out a window for a long time like at K's desk

only 3 more hours to buy this dank shirt

>Your fav scene
Easily the beach shore scene. Amazing visuals along with the great dynamic of K and Luv.
>Was Joi's love Genuine
As genuine as all love: immaterial and for all we know completely fake.
>Who was best waifu?
Luv is best, on top of being a fascinating and complex character.
>Times you've acted like the Runner
Probably none.

WOW, not even an option for the true best girl

>Your fav scene
When Joi gets her gift
>Was Joi’s love genuine?
It doesn’t matter
>Who was best waifu?
Joi
I was Deckard for this past Halloween? My gf was Racheal.

What if K played along with Joi because he didn't want her to feel bad, although he knew from the start that she was programmed? Like he bought one then regretted buying her, but didn't want to make her feel dejected when he decided not to use her

>>Your fav scene
all the overhead city shots
>>Was Joi’s love genuine?
yes and no
>>Who was best waifu?
racheal
>>Times you’ve acted like the Runner
he is all of us

anyone else think K would have been a bit happier if he got himself a smol replicat

he probably did, he seemed rather reluctant at times about their relationship, but even so, you can't help but love the only thing you spend all your time with, its only /spoiler human /spoiler

At last Sean Young has her revenge!

>Your fav scene
The last sequence coming back to LA
>Was Joi’s love genuine?
In the way she was programed to love, depends on how free and genuine she was able to be I guess
>Who was best waifu?
Mariette by far
Feeling lonely watching the grey sky from my window

>Your fav scene
From K seeing the large JOI to him laying back in the snow
>Was Joi’s love genuine?
I don't think it was, but I could be wrong. Convince me otherwise
>Who was best waifu?
JOI then Coco
Every day

Webm of intro shots of LA?

I'm paying with photos of my med gf pic related

fuck off retard

why do you have to shit up the thread like this?

>Your fav scene
The final fight. I like how Luv beats K. It represents her inner dilemma about her place in Wallace's world. If Luv can beat K then she can have the free will to do anything (maybe even kill Wallace), and not fear reprocussions. K is a Blade Runner, the highest anti-authority to replicant free will. By beating him she is free.

And then he comes back and chokes her ass out.

Also loved the last scene of Deckard meeting his kid.

>Was Joi’s love genuine?
Genuine? She is programmed to love him. It's not a question of genuine. In the end she is infinitely less than him. She is love without a soul. He is a soul without a love.

>Who was best waifu?
Luv, because she's real.

Listening to jazz in my apt alone, drinking cheap whisky and moving around with great effort.

I wish they had shown us more of the city tbqh. I wanted to see dirty grimy marketplaces and dimly lit alleys. I feel like the original was better in that regard.

i like the other one better

She's the last replicant he retired.

>general
Cringe

>trips of truth
Blade runner fans btfo

>Your fav scene
Sea Wall fight
>Was Joi’s love genuine?
I don't know and I wanna keep it that way
>Who was best waifu?
Luv
never...

Anyone have this image without all the autistic shit all over it?

>Your fav scene
That's a hard one. The Joi advertisement at the end, the baseline test, when the doctor watches his dream and he realizes it's real, K's death, The VERY last scene, the whole Batista scene.
>Was Joi’s love genuine?
Yes
>Who was best waifu?
Hard to say, The Doctor, Luv, Joi. All top-tier waifus.

Good quality rip when boys? I've seen it 3 times in the cinema already. I want to watch it again.

>"because you've never seen a miracle"
I thought Batista delivered that line really well honestly

Neck yourself

>Your fav scene
The opening when he's being a blade runner
>Was Joi’s love genuine?
No, she was programmed to say what he wanted to hear.
>Who was best waifu?
Police chief
Never

Sapper was great in general. Despite being in so little of the movie you gradually learn so much about him. He has such a nice parallel to Roy Batty and ultimately K too.

you redditors are like cockroaches to me, i'd happy watch your face cave in as i stomp on it on the side of a curb, while your parents are watching you revolting, piece of shit

fuck off

I have this idea, right. What do you guys think of this.

If Deckard actually was a replicant, why doesn't Wallace give a shit about him? If he were a replicant that would clearly mean he too was designed to be capable of reproducing, so why doesn't Wallace care about this at all. Why doesn't Wallace want to dissect and study him?

You're technically correct, but Wallace is understandably more interested in women because they actually have to develop the fetus.

Please help. I don't go outside. I have a few money(s). But I do best, to not go outside- when there are~ normal ~ people around. Please help; I just want to know where I can stream Blade Runner.... Anyone..I'm begging here

that scene was pure anime lul, the whole movie kinda is

a well done to the artist

ok ok, never seen the movie, idgaf about spoilers, which cut should i watch?

There's a little bit of every artist in their work.

you talking about the original? as long as you dont watch the theatrical version.

The original? Final Cut.

Gee why didn't the chinks want to see a movie where the populace are wage slaves and literal low/no pay slaves that rebel or run away are hunted down and killed by an uncaring government while a corporation plots to make you obsolete. Also it's polluted as fuck and wet and grimy. Might as well visit Chong Qing.

why does it matter if deckard is replicant or not, it seems more to be a grudge match between ridley & everyone else

>Your fav scene
K's smile at the end to deckard. It just seemed so genuine that you forget that he's supposed to be an unfeeling replicant.

>Was Joi’s love genuine?
No, it was just an escape method for K. He realizes this at the bridge which is why he then goes to save deckard.

>Who was best waifu?
Luv. Not even a contest.

Fell asleep in my car on my way to work a few times. Surprised I'm still alive

yes, original

>K's smile at the end to deckard. It just seemed so genuine that you forget that he's supposed to be an unfeeling replicant.

>That earlier scene with the hooker where she tells him that he doesn't smile

Like poetry.

fuck, that puts a new spin on everything.

Is there a non bro-tank-top version?

there arent any higher quality ones out yet
just wait a few weeks because the detail is important to the plot

Till then I walk alone

>your fav scene
Giant pink joi
>was Jois love genuine?
I think so, she was as fake and manufactured as K and he has real emotions, if muted. I’m not really sure if Wallace was capable of making a truly emotionless being based on a human, physical or digital.
>who was best waifu?
Joi
>times you’ve acted like a bladerunner

I used to be a driver in Seattle and I would drive around late at night between customers having existential crisises while being bombarded with city lights.

dude just go to the morning show, go to an amc that has automatic ticketing booths so the only human contact you'll have is the usher, this movie really needs to be experience on the big screen, you need to let that soundtrack rattle your bones

>usher
Do theaters still have those?

My local cinema is so poor that they only have like 1-2 people working there most of the time. They don't even sell tickets at the ticket counter anymore: you walk right in and buy them at the concessions stand (usually the only place in the whole building that is staffed).

Great film. Seen it twice.

Go see it.
Buy the blu-ray when it's released.

Favorite scene will always be the first scene with K and the bounty. When he looks at K and says "because you've never seen a miracle" I went from skepticism to total submersion and interest for the movie.

I really walked into the theater thinking nothing could live up to the original blade runner, but this did a very good job.

>Your fav scene
Either "Because you've never seen a miracle", the Rachael replicant scene, K yelling at the memory fabrication center, or literally any given scene between giant Joi and the end frame
>Was Joi’s love genuine?
I interpreted that she was programmed to perceive it was genuine, and K perceived it to be genuine, but at the end of the day, she's 1s and 0s, while K's As, Ts, Cs, and Gs. Whether the 1s and 0s override those base pairs is up to viewer interpretation imo
>Who was best waifu?
Either Luv or Joi
Put on my favorite jacket and wandered around downtown at 1 A.M.

yeah its on shirt punch

What's your model number?
>Why don't you look under my eye and find out?

You ask her to look up and to the left so you can scan her but as you prepare the scan she kisses you on the lips, interrupting the scan.

What do you do next?

tell her i have no money

Push her away and go back to home to get dommed by Luv

>tfw can't find a stream to watch this movie
>local theaters no longer showing either
kill me

>What if K played along with Joi because he didn't want her to feel bad

JOI is not sapient. She is not real. If she were actually aware of her surroundings and genuinely thinking about them then she wouldn't be limited to giving K the "Joe" nickname. Thinking up a different name is trivially easy and even a modern chat-bot could grab one randomly. Surely such a feat is easier than transcending her programming and becoming a person?

She's not a person.

You're a cop... of-course you have money. Yearly salary and all that.

She's stronger than you so you can't shove her away. You'd wind up just shoving yourself away and probably stumbling on the curb or into the crowd.

Everyone would laugh.

she doesn't have to be a person to be sentient

>not real
how many people wander through their existence programmed fully and are never aware

Virtually none unless they have brain damage

JOI IS NOT REAL

>real

haha look at you

people move in masses like herd animals and rarely make self-determined decisions

more like gay runner like this whole boring franchise

stammer and laugh awkwardly then let her go if we're being realistic

i used to let people slide all the time when checking ids at events

The name isn't important. It's the sentiment behind naming him that is.

There is a good case for Joi being real. Her talking about her own make-up, insisting on K being special despite the great pain and conflict it brings him, telling K that she loves him even though he told her she doesn't have to say things like that, forcing K to delete her from his home despite his unwillingness to do so.

As soon as she dies the advertisements for Joi go from looking like her, to being the pink alien placeholder. It's when K sees her for what she really is, but he's also learning that his Joi can't be replace. It didn't matter what she was born to be, her experiences made her truly unique and that's what made her real.

It parallels K's character development, in the end he was special, not because of some pre-ordained conditions that he had no control over, but rather the experiences that molded him into who he was, making him truly real. You can attribute it to the idea behind his death, he holds his hand out like he has done before to confirm his own reality, much like he had previously in the film, much like Joi had, much like the doctor does. By dying it means that he was real.

plus don't they match cut from deckard rejecting the rachael copy right to k on the bridge

Replicants are dangerous though. Would you be scared? I would be.

I wouldn't even scan her at that point, not if I was alone. Sounds like a great way to get my spine broken.

I would do what you did though and just wouldn't scan her, but I'd call for back-up, discreetly.

>The name isn't important. It's the sentiment behind naming him that is.

Yeah, the sentiment is "please the customer". All her AI has to do is read his body-language and facial expressions as well as analyze his speech to give him what he wants.

I understand what you are saying, but can you not see the contradiction? Truly loving or understanding K's wishes is a hell of a lot harder than selecting names randomly out of a dictionary to see if K likes one. If she can't do something that simple then I doubt she has any awareness at all.

If the sentiment is please the customer then she wouldn't have named him at all. The guy has a mental breakdown the moment he truly believes he was born. He doesn't want a name.

>Was Joi’s love genuine?
Yes but that wasnt the point. She loves him because that's all jois know how to do, they're mass produced to love their owner.

Obviously ai is real in this, however jois wouldn't sell very well if they might decide they don't like their joe

i meant just wave her through. not trying to be a hero, just wanna punch out and go home to some protein gruel and detoxified moonshine

>If the sentiment is please the customer then she wouldn't have named him at all.

The product is not perfect, why would it be?

It also breaks immersion when she freezes each time K gets an email.

It's just a device meant to do a thing. It's not a person.
Do you have a JOI at home? If so, would you customizer and how? Why not higher that qt prostitute? She's probably clean.

>just go
I can't.

I'll go with you and hold your hand, that's how much I think you need to see this.

I'm in NJ, you near by?

>/br/ - Blade Runner General
lmao

Does it make a difference whether or not K was "born" in the traditional human sense?

Obviously it is a sad blow to him to learn that he is not the child of Rachel... but should our understanding of him change simply because he was created as an android and not born of a mother?

>There is a good case for Joi being real...

Don't forget the scene where she dismisses the hooker coldly. I really liked that, and the banter Joi and the hooker have, because it shows that there is "something" Joi is feeling, and the hooker is acknowledging it.

He's not an android. He's a bio-engineered human.

>I've been inside of you, you're not as there as you think you are.

Legitimately what did she mean by this?

Yea but do bio-engineered humans have souls? I've been trying to examine blade runner theologically since my 3rd viewing and I've been stuck on this idea of the soul and bio-engineered humans.

Joi must be convinced of some dimension of her self awareness. The hooker is reminding her she's just a toy for customers. Maybe Joi does have a soul.

This threads are comfy as fuck.