BBC to adapt Stranger Things based on youths in 80's England

>BBC has announced that it will adapt their own version of Stranger Things, christened "Weird Worlds"
>The Duffer Brothers are rumoured to be involved, albeit indirectly.
>This news came as a shock to most who find such a "remake" or "recast" of the story beats and atmosphere unnecessary.
>It seems a bit too early to tell, but we can cite The Office (US) as a prime example of how this kind of thing can work.
>As long as Weird Worlds sticks to an atmosphere of (what one would assume to be) somewhere in 1980's Yorkshire or Greater Manchester, it has a shot at taking the essence of Stranger Things and turning it into something entirely new and excitingly British.
>1980's England was booming with a burgeoning indie pop/rock/C86 movement in music, as well as the seeds of a movement in electronic music that would go on to dominate the late 80's to 90's. Not to mention the already established punk rock movement established nearly a decade prior, and the post-punk/new wave movement coming into it's own in the early 80's.
>Some fear, and others applaud any injection of 80's politics into Weird Worlds, but we will all just have to wait and see how this plays out.
>As it stands, Weird Worlds has a long road ahead, with tons of variables that may come into play, but we are definitely interested in what something like this has to offer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TbU7oVz0Uq0
youtube.com/watch?v=EcpbGeyPUD8
youtube.com/watch?v=C3WkIENVY_M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Holy fuck this would be amazing.

That sounds absolutely reddit.

Explain what you mean by this.

Yeah, as an Ameritard, I've always been interested in what was going on in other countries while we had our trends and fads throughout the decades. Surely they're different, and I think a show like this honestly has a LOT to offer, especially if they don't pander to Americans. As an Ameritard, I don't go into BBC programming expecting the hollywood treatment. I think this would be a really interesting look into the word of 1980's England.

Wow, great argument fagtron, you sure convinced me with those hot opinions.

Cat wait to see how they shoehorn race mixing and diversity into it like they did once Stranger Things was popular to sucker people into watching it, then indoctrinating them.

Used to be the case that all American adaptations were horrible. Now with the BBC being the putrid pile of Marxist sewage it is, it will no doubt manage to wrangle in some multicultural message in there at the expense of the story.

I'm predicting one of the cast is Indian, with another being Caribbean. At least.

>BLOIMEY, GUV, AT'SA JABBERWILSBYSHIRE INNIT?

>fagtron
yikes

I'm sure the cast will be quintessentially British.

If that's what you're after then just watch This Is England and it's TV series sequels TIS '86, '88, and '90.

It's a damn shame it's not happening.
>set in newcastle
>margaret thatcher is the demogorgon equivalent

This show should be set in a Town called Malice.

Seriously, who the fuck asked for this? Show your face you fucking dickhead
Anyone that unironically watches Stranger Things is the cancer killing this board

You couldn't have taken literally one second to google this? OP made this up.

Idris Elba for British 11.

Yeah. Stranger Things. Not Sup Forums.

Too much effort. Easier to post. Either it's true and it's an observation, or it's not and a shitpost. Win win.

>Seriously, who the fuck asked for this? Show your face you fucking dickhead

This is the tv and film board, not the hating black people board.

So 'This is Spooky England'

This couldn't possibly be true, because only American executives are retarded enough to think the viewing public can't relate to a TV show unless there's an American adaptation of it.

It'll probably be better than the American version.

How many times has this been done? I know America adapts shit to appeal to our whites all the time, but how many times has the reverse happened?

So basically the same except instead of one token minority character it will be three

>How many times has this been done? I know America adapts shit to appeal to our whites all the time, but how many times has the reverse happened?

Mates, the short-lived 'Friends' adaptation.

It's happened a lot, but mostly with game shows and reality TV.

so the guys will chinese, indian, paki, african and eleven getting blacked.

>"adapt"
so they mean remake with 90% black cast?

Getting blacked is a Yank social issue. We're too concerned with Rasheed grooming our little girls.

No the BBC has to cast using the demographics of london which generally boils down to for every five characters two are white, one is indian, one is black and the last is either chinese or arab

It's only "race mixing" for retards. For everyone else it's "two people like each other"

>As Ameritard
you have to go back

desu london whites are no better than london blacks, they're both loud obnoxious cunts

S O U R C E
O
U
R
C
E

pick the soundtrack

>It's only "race mixing" for retards. For everyone else it's "two people like each other"
Its not about the white or black thing, its less a race thing and more a comfort zone thing and the sexual attack on a child forced on her by the creators of the show.

Tell that to the girl who they tricked on set into doing it which made her uncomfortable since she was basically sexually assaulted out of the sick twisted fantasy of the creators and broadcast.

Those creators should be in jail.

>completely ignores the point about it being at the expense of the story

all the "the list goes on" pseudo-patrish bullshit jonathan raves about in the original show

>actor tricked into acting
boo fucking hoo

Sounds like This Is England with spoops.

can you go back to the other containment thread? retard

it's acting. finn and millie had to do the same thing a year ago

People wouldn't give a shit if the kid she was told to kiss was white.

I was a youth in 80's England, infact I lived all the way through the 80's, it was mostly shit

I take it they are going to directly infuse this with their pro-immigrant agenda?

Maybe she shouldn't be into ACTING if she didn't want to do embarassing stuff?
A hundred years ago actors/actresses were the same shit as prostitutes.

>excitingly British
lol

it's fake, retard

Sounds neat actually.
>Manchester suburb built on an old stone circle.
>Very early internet.
>Child actors who can. Because British, duh.
>Stone Roses soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=TbU7oVz0Uq0
youtube.com/watch?v=EcpbGeyPUD8
youtube.com/watch?v=C3WkIENVY_M

You have a problem with his use of the term fagtron / fagotron? That's my fucking gold nigger, it has propagated and spread. You will not come down upon fagtron. Shit's my gold. He takes it as readymade.

DUDE THEMES OF RACISM MULTICULTURALISM IMMIGRATION HOMOSEXUALITY LMAO

You know it will happen; it's the fucking BBC.

OP here. Yeah it's fake, you gotta admit I did a pretty good job pretending to be a buzzfeed journalist though.

That wasn't the entire point though, it was more to stir up conversation of if something like this happened, how should it be handled?

Like I said, I'm really interested into 80's england, and a show like Stranger Things and youths growing up during that time would be a refreshing take on television series.

Will it be better than the American adaptation of The Inbetweeners?

Source my ass

Huh a British adaptation of an American show. Considering the opposite is always shit what's the chances of this becoming kino?

>80s/90s england
ew

it's fake

>Weird Worlds
Awful title. Sounds fake

>'80s Yorkshire or Greater Manchester

This is going to be the most depressing show on television.