ROME thread

Who was in the wrong?

Brutus for being a spineless drunk and letting his mommy guilt him into killing his father figure and friend because of a semi-mythic family tradition that belonged to a world completely different to Late Republican Rome.

I didn't even realize the Rome show is based on real events until Cesar got killed. I thought it was all made up like Spartacus.
Then I wiki'd it and Cesar got killed in Rome (same name as the show). Some of the characters from the show also existed irl but nobody can know for sure since a lot of time passed.

>I thought it was all made up like Spartacus
wat

Which Roman figures most deserve their own kino

Titus pollo and vorenus also existed my man, cesear writes about them.

Ceasar was in the wrong for killing the republic

Scipio Africanus
Cicero
Justinian
Augustus

i hate to be that guy but brutus IRL had a good public record as a soldier and businessman and wasn't the sniveling retard as portrayed in the series

i love rome but they really pandered to the lower denominator in portraying him

>mfw I realized Rome actually existed

I recognized the facetious nature of your post and I enjoyed it. Good job.

caracalla

Trajan

Dickass brutus of course

>Cicero

Scipio would be kino as fuck

Edmure Tully.

Mance Rayder can do no wrong.

>made his entire fortune extorting provincials away from the eyes of the senate
Yeah what a guy

Legally, Brutus was in the wrong, as nothing Caesar had done was unsanctioned by the Senate, yet he was assassinated for what he MIGHT do, not what he had done.

>there will never be high budget kino on the Punic Wars

The show painted Brutus as a cuck but if he written as an alpha you'd all know he was in the right.

Ceasar was a tyrant

Sertorius

>even if there was they would cast Idris Elba as Hannibal Barca

my allegiance is to the Republic

Marius

Caesar was bringing tons of immigrants and refugees into Rome, and he wanted more money for dem programs, so Brutus was in the right to kill him.

But in reality the Celts and Gauls that Caesar admitted into Rome had been Romanized for generations

They were citizens, retard.

holy shit, the guys from game of thrones
is rome worth a watch?

Scipio would be awesome, its a shame he gets overshadowed by Hannibal all the time, because he lived such an amazing life

it's even better than game of thrones

Rome for the Romans.

Fucking shit stinking Germanic barbarian in the senate is a sin against the gods.

Appointing a pleb like Lucius Vorenus to senator just to act as a kind of mad dog bodyguard for Caesar, another sin against the gods.

There is no trickery in religion.

All I want is a televised depiction of Valentinian's death

eh, let them have their black guy as long as the movie is good and they don't focus on his blackness too much. Who would be cast as Scipio though?

>can't tell Germans apart from Gauls
read a book you donut

Yes, its Game of Thrones only if it had good writing and actually had historical context.

Better off getting Arabian empire kino

oopsy daisy

Cincinnatus

>Arabian empire
Which one? The one that broke up into petty warlord caliphates when their Kurdish overlord died, or the one that got its shit pushed in by Tamerlane?

Should do a series based on the Masters of Rome novels. From Marius and Sulla all the way to Antony and Cleopatra.

So a story about a good guy? Doesn't make for good tv.

WHERE IS MY BYZANTINE KINO YOU HACKS

which qt will play theodora?

Grecian trash that got rekt by Turks doesn't deserve a shot at kino.

Greeks but really Roman. It would just confuse normies tbqh

*blocks your path*

Should make it just before they collapse, so that it transitions into ottoman kino.

Never. They afraid butthurted roaches and goat fucker. Thats why we will never have crusades kino.

Mehmet was the Kevin Spacey of the Ottoman empire, look at what he did to based Dracula and his brother

Why did this show get canceled?

A good Venetian city state drama would be excellent

>implying you could make a series portraying a dogmatically Christian state locked in an eternal existential war against their Islamic neighbours in a positive light in this day and age
It would be on the same level as that Turkish movie that portrayed Constantine XI as some kind of tyrannical hedonist when in real life he was autistically devoted and chaste.

Justinian and Theodora

Crusades kino where it results in the crusaders continually getting BTFO?

Not a smart choice my friend.

True bait for true anons.

A plebeian family epic during the fall of the Republic.

Game of thrones is trash.

PLEASE no spoilers! I'm only on ep 4

>tfw you find out that pompeii was actually a city

> no kino about islamic conquest of europe
> no kino about islamic slavetraders
> no kino about brave crusader and their honorable course

gaius fucking marius

That would be amazing.

Augustus that autist. Mark was the true successor of Ceasar.

Metroid is a girl too.

Scipio Aemilianus because Greek-Roman interaction is great material for kino.
>Graecia capta ferum victorem cepit

Alternatively, Titus Vespasianus because of the Judea rebellion and Flavius Iosephus being an interesting character for a movie.

Some Brit cunt, Romans are doomed to be brits forever since the Shakespearian plays adaptations.

Better some shitty brit theater actor, then the most talented black.

Nigga it cost more than $10 mil an episode to produce. That was in 06 BTW

I was thinking more of using americans that looked like Meds or god forbid actual Italian actors that look roman as fuck.
Niggers shouldn't portray neither Romans nor Carthaginian characters.

The irony is that the Italians are terrible portraying Romans. Unbelievably so.

>hire great actors
>spend a shitton for locations(filmed between Cinecittà, Italy and USA and North Africa
>spend a shitton on the finest Italian costume makers
>make it actually faithful sans some liberties, but the tone was the right amount of violence and vulgarity
Rome is a product that shouldn't even exist in its era as it was, the other series that came close in tone and faithfulness IMO were Oz and The Shield, and they weren't epic historical dramas.

I can't even recall the last time I saw an italian produced AND acted Ancient Rome movie.
Even when they made them they usually employed foreign actors because Italian actors in the 60s-70s were too snob to act in kolossals.

Truly lucky that it graced our touch from under the pile of shit known as modern entertainment

>crusaders continually getting BTFO
>implying the battle of Arsuf wouldn't be kino as fuck

>after being harrased by arrows the entire journey
>muslim dogs finally get close
>a couple bros charge and more follow
>route their entire army

Or siege of Acre
>on the way back to Europe
>Acre comes under siege
>amphibious landing with a 6'5 Richard the Lionheart leading the defense

All it takes is one very passionate and very resourceful man to get a historical epic ball rolling.

Was there a Pompe 1 though?

>during the 430s, he began expelling all Jews from the Roman army because he was fearful of their supposed ability to corrupt the Christians they were serving with

>no kino about islamic conquest of europe
Just look outside a window.

yea two soldiers were named Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus, but that doesn't have anything to do with the characters on the show.

>islamic conquest of europe
Charles "the Hammer" Martel
*blocks your path*

Caracalla for his fucking bitchin' bath houses

>use an axe
>get called The Hammer
what did zey mean by this?

>Rome thread
>b-b-ut Byzantium!!!

You want battlekino?
I'll give you battlekino idea:
Lepanto.

>more than 450 ships between the two forces
>a shitton of different Kingdoms, Knights orders, Duchies and even the Papal States on the Christian side, imagine the colors and the different armors
>huge deployment of guns and cannons by the Spaniards/Italians, explosions everywhere
>ancestor of the Galleon, the "Galeazza" or Galleass being unboardable, 6 Galleass disrupted the enemy formation in the front while shooting with cannons all over the place
>still an infantry battle on the deck of their ships, full day so it wouldn't look like rainy night like Hollywood always does
>50,000 dead between the two forces, a massacre for that time
>"foreign" protagonists for both armies, 500' Spaniards and Italians and Ottomans are actually rare in movies

>medieval roman empire mentioned
>antiquityfags start screeching

>tfw when you realize its time to get a wife and kids
>kids born in 2000 are just about 18

i never wanted to feel this

i don't know, but I do know that she would be portrayed as a strong woman who don't need no man and will cuck Justinian with Belisarius, who will, of course, be black

why

>Ceasar was in the wrong for killing the republic
the republic was already dead at that point.

Idris Elba

Julius Caesar.

Sorry----Brutus was in the wrong.

Murderer of Caesar.

Germans were Gauls fagnutz

No gauls were proto french idiot. Germanics invaded centuries after ceasars time like the worthless mexicans they are

Gauls were Celts, they spoke a different language and had a completely different culture from the Germanics.

Scipio. Hes literally the epitome of the ideal roman.

>hellenized degenerate
>trve roman

pick one

Dammit Muslims used to be cool. Now they just move in and leech benefits.