Isn't that the question?

Will we ever see a proper Question in Rebirth?

Question thread

Other urls found in this thread:

www81.zippyshare.com/v/VYDk878A/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ujk_AFcZork
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who should write?

Tom King. The Question is where his brand of writing would thrive.

I think The Question would be a better fit for King than Batman

>Question used to be one of Sup Forums's favorite heroes
>threads about him just die now

Truly this place has went to shit.

>I fucking love the Question guys
>wow me too!
End of thread
Not too surprising. There's nothing really to talk about. Same reason we can't hold a conversation on Saga off the Swamp Thing or Sandman or Scary Go Round

Saga always holds threads. Half the people love it and the other half think it's hipster trash.

Protip it's hipster trash. Read Prophet instead.

Can we at least talk about his appearance in JLU? Was it good n proppa? Or did they do anything wrong?

He was entertaining as hell and voiced by Based Combs, but he was Rorscharch lite more than the Question proper.

Priest and Bill Sienkiewicz

OP here, I always enjoyed his appearances in JLU & was glad he got some serious focus as an important character.

It was good, but It also tainted his character for years to come. But I don't really blame the show for that.

King/Gerads.

The body language is key.
And knowing King, it would likely focus on Montoya.

By Tom King and Fernando Blanco.

>wanting this hack to write Question after his Batman run has been such a travesty.

>being this pleb

I would love a Brubaker Question, but he seems to only work for Image nowadays.

Is this the best ever version of the Question?

Saga of the Swamp Thing, not Saga

No, that's still O'Neil version.

That's not O'Neil, so no

Just finished re-reading this version of the question, so good

1 of 2

Ugh, no thanks.

Whoops forgot image

2 of 2

I've only read the O'Neil series, Pax Americana, and the 52 with Vic Sage in it.
What else should I check out?

Rick Veitch's mini, with Tommy Lee Edwards on art.

I don't think he's in anything else..? There's the Veitch\Edwards mini but it's kinda different since he's an urban shaman(kinda fits as the character evolving and becoming more and more spiritual) and the mini is actually great, just...different.

I prefer Ditko. To write that character, a newsman in search of the truth and nothing but the truth, in the current times, would be quite entertaining.

I would fucking read a series like that.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall."

The back ups in Charlton's Blue Beetle + Mysterious Suspense #1
www81.zippyshare.com/v/VYDk878A/file.html

Seconding this, the recent 'guns' issue of Deathstroke showed that Priest can tackle social issues in a down-to-earth manner, without coming off as preachy.
Thats essential for a hero like the Question.

Could he succeed or will he ultimately fail?

I don't think it matters (at least in my interpretation).
I'm imagining something like the ending of Watchmen, with someone finding Rorschach's diary, and leaving the ending deliberately open.
He tries his best to show the objective truth, while being attacked from both the left and the right, to discover there is no 'truth' in the current year, only partisan sides clinging to their version of reality.
Honestly, this material would be gold in the hands of a capable writer.

"I will gather evidence — document every foul lie. I will forge my manifesto. My challenge to any free mind that may find it. Like a note in a bottle. Cast into the ocean. [...] The mind of man must be reclaimed — if not by this generation or by the next, then some day. Some decade. It is not in my power to effect the change. I haven't the might. I am not the answer. I am only the Question."

tell me that isn't awsome

youtube.com/watch?v=ujk_AFcZork

Me.

He's not someone who gets sexualized or caters to a sexual fetish so Sup Forumsmblr has no interest in him.

The Question has a crossover with this guy.
What happens?

This, I really hope that is his secret project

Actually Morrison's version is the worse version because he doesn't even HIDE the fact that he's writing Rorschach in Multiversity and using Question as a stand-in because he's too cowardly to ask to be allowed to use the Watchmen

You do realize these characters are what the watchmen are based upon right?

That's the entire point, it's meant to be Watchmen except with the characters Moore originally wanted to use before being told to make new ones by DC.

kek..... youre retarded and you don't even know why...

>would be a better fit for King than Batman

That's why I loved it too. I have this little theory that parts of the multiverse mirror each other simply because of simpler events, people making choices etc. So the Watchmen universe is like a mutant sister of the Pax Americana universe. Similar, but something went way different too.

Do you think Moore read Pax Americana?
What would he think of it?

He'd hate it because he seems to hate everything.

Moore likes to read just Gaiman, XV century English shit, and, bizarrely, Kieron Gillen.

18+

O'Neil Question

>faceless batman who's all about mysteries and shit
>just as OP as batman is too
And thats why he's boring

I see you....

Also Lovecraft and I'm sure he has read some lord Dunsany and forget the author but the early 20th century book Jurgen, which was the most banned book at the time...cause it talked about a spear entering an orfice. It was basically the predecesor to The Dream of Unknown Kadeth, but with vague sex

>Iliterate fag trying to make a point and failing miserably due to his ignorance
And that's why your mother doesn't love you.

You do this in Gotham and everyone's just going to assume the Riddler's pulling some shit.

King or Priest

>Vic
>OP
bump

He was Per Degaton, right?

Then there was that weird unnecessary N52 origin

Which went nowhere for a long time

Yeah, but this isn't Vic Sage.

Vic Sage still exists in the DC Universe, an can be his own Question.