Real boy or Pinocchio?

So I just got out of watching this movie and it kinda confused me at the end. I know the chick was deckards daughter but what about K? Was he the male twin or was that just bs?

He's a normal replicant. The guy ran through a concrete wall.

Pinocchio was always a real boy. He just had to understand that for himself.

he's a real human bean

Replicants had fake memories to make them more human. Decker's daughter gave replicants parts of her own memory which is what confused K.

K was just a replicant with a memory implanted that allowed him to join the resistance thinking he was the child

Did you take a piss break during the scene he meets the replicant rebellion leader?

I'm asking because of the DNA scene. But yes I saw that. So it was bs and he was Pinocchio

It's left ambiguous like Decker

>What am I to you?

What did he mean by this?

The part of the movie which activates my neurons the most is the scene with the freedom movement resistance force, after they save K.

He directly rebels against them and saves Deckard rather than killing him. So, K must not approve of what the force is doing. He seems to be more concerned with spiritual things and right vs. wrong. He wants to reunite Deckard with his daughter because he ought to do it, not because it is the best thing for him or his replicant kind. It makes me like K as a character a lot more, but I also feel like I'm just not understanding why he was so quick to go against the resistance. In that way, K is very human.

t. brainlet

I had the impression he might have had some clone DNA or gene implantation to make it appears he could be the original.

As for replicants and memories, we all saw K's story. Seems like replicants have yet to accept their own legtimacy as organisms that aren't human -- and why do they need to be since humans turned the world to shit.

there was no boy, that was a fake record to make ppl think the child was a boy and not a girl. K had nothing to do with any of that, the memory was implanted

Es...hence he is Pinocchio. He looked really sad when he was dying.

Why didn't K just save a copy of his waifu in Dropbox or something?

Did the holographic chick serve any purpose?

or at least a dead drop or something

It's the perfect scene to miss on a piss break to be quite honest.

my gf, who slept through half this movie, mentioned off-hand that "didn't joi meld with the prostitute? that means she's still in there"

Yes.

She prompted K to search through the confusion of his existential dread.

Without her, he may have just allowed himself to become a lobotomized tin can.

She pushed him into getting fucked

what's it like dating a brainlet,user?

Your girlfriend is retarded lmao

he was fucked already -- just a piece of machinery in world gone to shit

The sex scene represents his transition into understanding faith and humanity.

Sometimes we do things not because we're told or because they represent some kind of established order, but because we believe it's the right thing even if we have nothing to go off of. We can say that K was going to go looking for Deckard anyway, but the placement of the sex scene is wonderfully done as a midway point between K losing his job as a blade runner and K finding his true calling.

that is only if you believe she had any free will and was not simply programmed to observe all of K's desires and reflect it back at him ten fold

>I'm just not understanding why he was so quick to go against the resistance
Because going with them makes him just as much a tool and only a cog in someone else's machine as he already was. Making his own choice allows him to achieve uniqueness and to be "special" rather than being defined by the nature of his creation.

>be POS human society
>some schmuck discovers space flight drive
>can't enslave humans; enginneer strain of modified humans
>fuck with their genetics and limit their lifespan
>raise a slave army to do shit work -- essentially half-humans with the emotional development of children
>abuse them
>kill them when they misbehave

none of this regarding human behavior would be beyond belief

I really thought he was human then he ran through a concrete wall... why did they put that scene in