This is one of the greatest shows of the decade

This is one of the greatest shows of the decade.

The cinematography, atmosphere, soundtrack and lead characters are second to one.

It transcends cape-shit tropes and is a true piece of art. Pure Kino.

Yet no one watched it. Despite near universal acclaim, its ratings dropped with each episode. Why the fuck did no one watch this masterpiece? Was it simply to deep for the average brainlet to understand?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=co1GjsrRTyY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was good. Not quite on the level of the leftovers, the americans, fargo, or better call saul though

It was standard capeshit. Easily forgettable and a whole bunch of shitty acting.

It may not have been on the level of the greatest shows, but to say it is standard capeshit is just wrong.

Even someone who dislikes the show has to admit it had way more balls than your standard cape-shit show, and it had an incredible David Lynch meets Wes Anderson feel that worked perfectly.

Also, Syd's ass alone is enough reason to watch the show

>Yet no one watched it
Fucking wrong. There were threads on here and Sup Forums.

I liked it. First half of the episodes better than second.

What's so great about The Leftovers? I'm halfway through the first season and a lot of it is hit or miss for me, and the hits aren't that mindblowing. Is it building towards something good?

This

It didn't do well because a decent IQ is needed to keep track of the timelines and concepts. All my friends dropped it because they couldn't tell which time-frames certain scenes took place in.

watched most of it, I think aubrey plaza was the best thing about it by far. it was an interesting premise, i just think it couldve been executed better

Season 1/ 8.7
Season 2/ 9.8
Season 3/ 10.0

I came here and mentioned how great it is OP and the consensus is it’s good, so Sup Forums won’t talk about it. Only trash gets thread bumps here.

>Better Call Mike

That show is dogshit

Well so far Season 1 is a 6/10 for me overall, so why are you rating it so highly? Do you have shit taste or does it get better?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Legion. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of psychiatry and X-Men comics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also David’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Freudian literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Legion truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in David’s existential catchphrase “are you real?,” which itself is a cryptic reference to New Mutants # 25 . I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Noah Hawley’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them

Finish the season, if you don't like the last two episodes, the show is not your cup of tea.

Oh boi that final scene in episode 9 is still with me after 3 years

Wrong

>makes barely any sense for the first 3 episodes because of all the reality bending mind fuckery
>why did nobody watch it

It is fucking great though, but I can completely understand why people would drop it. I wouldn't have gone back if not for the Sup Forums threads

The only thing I don't like about it, is the amount of anachronastic design in the show.

I can never tell if they're in the 60s, or modern times. I guess that can be attributed to David altering reality around him, but it just kinda bugs me that it at times takes place in the modern world, and then all of the sudden it's 1965 everywhere.

It's pretty boring. I kept expecting depth but never getting it. Instead of having interesting explanations for all of the weird things that happen, almost all of it is just one bad guy fucking around.

>I can never tell if they're in the 60s, or modern times.
I thought that disjointed feeling was because it's all happening inside David's head, with Summerland and The Divisions being two competing groups of alter egos. It seemed like the characters had to travel through a big forest (like the one David's childhood home was in) to get anywhere. Just for clarification this sort thing does happen in the comic.

It's good, not as good as you think but the problem is that it tries too hard to be weird and that spooks normies and retards that watch shit like the gifted or marvel agents of shield or friends.

The last few episodes were shit tier though

I like the idea that Dr. Bird is actually Professor X in disguise inside David's mindscape, like David is actually in some kind of comatose state with Xavier delving into his mind to try and heal the damage and bring him out.
There are issues with it obviously, like why does she have a strange frozen husband in there.

There were some fun details to support it though, like how Summerland is a bit similar to Xavier's school. The big blatant X-Men symbols for one. There was a loudspeaker announcement at one point for some professor's "time travel class" and it kind of seemed like only David heard that, like it got through his subconscious from the PA system in Xavier's school as David lay there. There was the way Dr. Bird spoke to David inside his head and taught him how to shut out all of the other clamoring voices he was hearing, she herself called it telepathy.
The most interesting one was when they're inside one of David's childhood memories and he's telling Dr. Bird about his parents, as soon as he says the words "my father" the show cuts immediately to Bird outside of the memory clenching her hands and looking uncomfortable.
Don't mind me we're just on our way to page 10 here, can't wait for season 2.

Holy shit, Rachel Keller seems high as fuck, completely zoned out (to the point of being disrespectful) at comic con.

Is she ok, or does she secretly hate the show?

youtube.com/watch?v=co1GjsrRTyY