NOTICE ME, SAMURAI

Checked

Evil.

Unspeakable

why the fuck does he start laughing while the phone is ringing

GREAT FLAMING EYEBROWS

>People still help him to delete their very existance

Because minions.

How do you think things would turn out if Jack actually accepted a ride from Aku?

My best guess is the series finale will be something along the lines of:
>Jack defeats Aku
>Is given an ultimatum, either return to the past to prevent this all from happening or continue to live in the future and reverse the desolation caused by Aku

The only question is which he'll go with. After all, if he goes back to the past, there's no guarantee he'll beat Aku again, or that the world won't turn out as shit regardless. Sorta like right now.

They would've gotten their quicker.

>Aku will never tell you fairy tales

It probably would've been an awkward ride, but they would've been there sooner.

Wouldn't you? You get a sort of decent end to your current life with the knowledge that via the causality of your effect on Jack, your existence not only lives on but is the force that fucked up Aku.

Given that the rest of the -verse (like PPG) happens in Jack's bad end you would imagine that he doesn't.

I'd prefer the stay in the future ending, personally. It works on a lot of levels and would be a good way of finishing up Jack's character.

Jack can beat Aku no problem. Even since the very beginning of the series. Dude only ever slips away through portal shenanigans.

No. I would prefer existing while also not having my entire past retroactivly nullified

to play the shitty games that suck ass?

The laws of time travel Samurai Jack uses is unknown, but given the appearance of Old jack, some form of predestination may be in place. Certain events, certain individuals, may happen regardless in some way outside of dramatic shifts at key moments in the timeline. Even if Jack were to go back, him defeating Aku may simply move the universe to a new Worldline, where people's counterparts may still meet each other in similar matters, but without a galactic dictatorship in place.

I hate how many times JUMP GOOD could come in handy, but Jack never uses it after that episode.

Aku sort of made life a living hell, so maybe they'd prefer not to exist if it means a reality where this horribleness never came to be plus there's always the chance they could exist in the good future.

Okay, we'll there's no guarntee that he doesn't do the exact same thing as last time and this loops forever.

We have no idea how many times Aku can replicate his trick or how exactly he did it.

>Worldline
Stiens gate has fucking retarded time travel. Stop that. This is coming from someone who went for lore retard over the semantics of it too.

One person not having met their potential wife/husband and every offspring and its interactions with the world would not happen

There are still enough that should not want to be erased. Like the people who menaged to flee Earth or the monks who hide away

>We have no idea how many times Aku can replicate his trick or how exactly he did it.

Autistically screech at your opponent when you're losing until they're sent flying hundreds of years into the future? Because that's exactly what he did.

SHUT UP!
I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!

What if this is not the first time Jack is in this timeline and everytime Jack comes close to defeating him, Aku resets time?

satanic trips confirm

I like to believe that Aku is not sending Jack into the past or future because it makes him inmortal, as we know that is a side-effect of time travel.

If Aku kept sending Jack back or foward he wouldn't have to worry about 1 jack, he would have to worry about many. I mean that's how it works, right?

>jack defeats Aku
>goes back to the past now unhindered
>tries to defeat Aku
>reeed into the future again
>it's the same future
>Aku is still dead
>jack tries again
>Aku gloats and says he could keep sending him back as much as he wants
>turns out Aku had already had multiple fights with Jack and 'won'
>future could never change because it was always like that and Jack would always defeat Aku before heading back and getting sent forward

He mainly uses it for the horse cut or whatever. It meshes poorly with the rest of his fighting style.

Probably predestination.
Anything else causes a metanarrative paradox.
The series couldn't take place unless Jack didn't defeat Aku, at least not in the past. If he had, he wouldn't have been thrown into the future in the first place. That time loop would be closed.

It's more likely that he defeats Aku without going back into the past. Maybe he defeats the guardian and has access, but is all:

>No. We do not fight for our past; we fight for our future.

And resolves to defeat Aku in the here and now instead of trying to keep going back.

I'm hoping that time travel in Samurai Jack is at least a bit like pic related.

Doctor who is the only time travel more retarded than S;G. The only difference is, S;G is well written and entertaining in spite of that.

Time travel done right

Doctor Who also has fixed points in time (like Pompeii), which Aku sending Jack into the future (or Jack being sent period) might very well be.

I know how it works. I said it was retarded.

FOOLISH

Scientifically? Absolutely.

Plotwise? It's brilliant - you have both change and predestination. "Why doesn't the Doctor stop WWII?" It's a fixed point. "But he saved so many others!" They weren't. "Why can't he go back and help himself against [enemy x] and stop its carnage?" Can't mess with your own timeline. "But he did just that in the 50th anniversary special!" Time war doesn't follow the usual rules.

And so on. You have both a seemingly cohesive system and unlimited opportunities for shenanigans.

>bigass TV
>tons of DVDs laying about
>landline on your desk
This screencap is unintentionally super 00s.

>no death
>just non-existence

I've dreamed of this so many times, I'd help Jack even if there were no Aku

So are we gonna see the gate guardian again?
Will jack kick HIS ass this time?

They could easily just say that all the characters he's met so far were already destined to exist, and that by changing the past he would be letting them be born into a better life than the one they've experienced. Everyone from the hoodrats in the first episode would still be born but not into a world of evil

Yeah but what about the versions of them already there? Do they just fade to nonexistence or do they go on?

I mean, how many WWII soldiers would have been willing to sacrifice themselves to defeat the axis?

People are pretty willing to walk to their deaths if they can find personal meaning and necessity in it. We crave meaning and purpose.

Was bored.
Traced OPs pic.

The lack of Rare Akus is disturbing

"already there" is a loaded term, and only makes sense from the perspective of the future. Jack isn't from the future, these people to him, were already going to lead happy lives if not for Aku. He's the thing that changed their lives into an unnatural state.

thanks for the wallpaper m8

>Aku could have killed Jack in his sleep the whole time

I keep telling this to Doctor Who fans (and Homestuck fans, and other shitty sci-fi-fantasy fans) but they don't seem to understand.

Quick vision to what the future holds.

>Aku is shitposting in this thread as we speak

I get that Jack beating Aku in the past is what makes most sense, but the future Aku is the one that had all the experiences with him, Jack is THAT Aku's worst enemy instead of some schmuk he threw into the future
So I want the final battle to be with him
Afterwards they could do something like when Trunks went back to beat Cell

>Plotwise? It's brilliant

You say brilliant, I just say lazy. It's just an easy way for writers to have their cake and eat it too by making up arbitrary rules on the fly whenever something doesn't make sense.

Please don't lump Dr Who in with Homestuck.
And yes the time travel often doesn't make sense (as much as a fictional science can anyways), but the explanations aren't THAT bad.

>making up rules
>For a fantasy made up science

>Please don't lump Dr Who in with Homestuck.
The Dr Who super fandom is only slightly less autistic than Homestuck's. Dr Who just has a lot more normies lumped in with them.

My point is that it's an excuse to break its own rules. "Doesn't this completely ruin the whole plot?" "Eh fuck it, just say you can't change it because we said so." repeat x100.

It's lazy writing used by people who can't write themselves out of a corner.

>slightly less autistic than Homestuck's
Haven't there been instances of Homestuck fans making out and dry humping in the middle of cons?

Yup. I've got a buddy who goes to cons for the fighting game tournaments, and he saw adult Homestuck fans playing spin the bottle with middle schoolers.

there is the classicWho fandom that's has a strong sperg vein the whole time, but its old school sci-fi fandom so there is a level of power level control that's expected.
nuWho fans are heavily drawn from the social media generation fandom where even suggesting self control is RAAAAAAAAPE!11

homestuck fans shitlisted themselves with the con community just by refusing to seal their body paint and grappleraping other cosplayers

>refusing to seal their body paint

explain

In Jack Versus Mad Jack, Jack rid himself of hatred. For the rest of the show he seems to hate Aku. Does that mean the FOOLISH SAMURAI doesn't actually hate Aku, but is actually tsundere for him?

>seemingly cohesive system
Nothing about that system seems cohesive.

Unless you got an actual solution to the grandfather paradox, it's all logically contradictory bullshit.

I think he learns to control his anger. Getting your emotions under control doesn't get rid of them entirely.

polygon.com/tv/2017/2/9/14560830/samurai-jack-preview-season-5

Greg Baldwin confirmed as Aku

That's probably a euphemism for spitting on other people

Tell that to the Jedi

>Ey yo, it's your Boy, Aku
>Since the day I've been living without umbilical cord
>I've been keeping the score
>I've been wanting it more
>Some might call me a whore
>But not any fucking more
>Samurai this relationship has really been one sided
>Samurai I am sorry but I think you've been misguided
>But now it's your turn to pay me back
>Samurai please bend over and suck my ass

>George Lucas screenwriting
Speaking of revivals by the original creator decades after the original series...

retards painting themselves gray and not using a seal product to keep their pain off of other people.
google "homestuck cosplay unsealed body paint" for accounts of their shitcockery
not that I've heard but lack of body fluid control wouldn't be suprising.

No matter how hard I try, I cannot read this in his voice.

There is absolutely no non retarded time travel. There is no way to make a good time travel plot. The nearest you can get is travelling back to the past to permanently change the future, said future being irreversibly destroyed by this process.

The CW shows are the most retarded time travel shows, however.

I love some of the CW shows, but damn, they have the wackest timetravel rules, and don't even stick to THEM!

>There is absolutely no non retarded time travel
What if you strictly go into the future?

Hey man I only know they're retarded because I watch em. Well, Flash and occasionally LoT.

>There is absolutely no non retarded time travel
Wrong. There is no correct theory of time travel, however there are more servicable, detailed and internally consistent theories in fiction that don't work entirely however an author wants so he can write whatever he likes like S;G and Doctor Who

There are people in the future.
Your future is their past.
Functionally there is no difference between travelling forward or backward.

Then that's not really time travel in the unconventional sense the term is used in sci fi to represent. By that logic every show is a time travel show because goddamn it they all show people travelling into the future.

Might as well just call my wardrobe a fucking time machine because time will have passed between going in and coming out of it. I'll sell it. Make millions.

No they're all flat retarded. The best you can get for logical consistency is the reliance on a multiverse, but that is still retarded.

The important thing is that you stick to a set of rules. As much as I love the first two Terminator movies, it drives me up the wall that T2's rules on time travel directly contradict T1's.

My preferred form of logical consistency is when attempts to change the past result in you participating in it instead.

>No they're all flat retarded. The best you can get for logical consistency is the reliance on a multiverse, but that is still retarded.
If it's logically consistent and serves the plot well, then how is it more retarded than any other sci-fi concept?

Why can't you faggots stick to one thread?

You're wrong on two counts.
1) If you change the past in any way that affects the future, you create a grandfather paradox. In your example, you come from [FUTURE] and you then destroy [FUTURE] so it doesn't exist; where did you come from then?
2) The only way to write a logically consistent time-travel plot is through causal loops. See: 12 Monkeys, Dirk Gently. What happened has always happened, nothing ever changes. This is logically consistent and probably consistent with general relativity.

See that isn't logically consistent at all, because the first domino that knocked the second domino is also the last domino. As entertainment, I enjoy them, but no from a logic standpoint they're actually the most retarded, unless they somehow, over a period of multiple loops stabilised it.

I like Doctor Who because when it's done correctly it's the most hilariously semi-self aware camp available on television. Of course the newer series has been filled with shit writers and a show runner who's idea of story telling is throwing a million plot points at the wall, watching for what sticks, making that the finale and calling it a season.

The rules don't matter if the rules are self-contradictory. Changing the past in a way that affects the future is self-contradictory, so any time travel plot that involves changing the past is self-contradictory (barring alternate timelines which is not really time-travel)

The only non-self-contradictory rules of time travel are when you can't change the past.

>semi-self aware camp
IF this were the case, I could bare the show. But more often than not, it's not the case. And particularly in the eyes of the fandom, it's not the case.

>all rules for time travel are stupid
>except for split timeline, multiple timelines, and causal loops, which don't count.