Can we talk about Col. Hans Landa?

Can we talk about Col. Hans Landa?

Fucking incredible. He carried the whole film. His cold calculating Nazi persona was played with the perfect amount of charisma that made you absolutely despise him and be intrigued by him at the same time.

One of the finest villains ever.

Thats a Bingo!

I thought he was a likeable fellow.
>ywn have a friend like Hans

>The feature that makes me such an effective hunter of the Jews is, as opposed to most German soldiers, I can think like a Jew, where they can only think like a German... more precisely, German soldier. Now, if one were to determine what attribute the German people share with a beast, it would be the cunning and the predatory instinct of a hawk. But if one were to determine what attributes the Jews share with a beast, it would be that of the rat. The Führer and Goebbels's propaganda have said pretty much the same thing, but where our conclusions differ is I don't consider the comparison an insult. Consider, for a moment, the world a rat lives in. It's a hostile world, indeed. If a rat were to scamper through your front door right now, would you greet it with hostility?

>You don't like them. You don't really know why you don't like them; all you know is you find them repulsive. Consequently, a German soldier conducts a search of a house suspected of hiding Jews. Where does the hawk look? He looks in the barn, he looks in the attic, he looks in the cellar, he looks everywhere he would hide. But there's so many places it would never occur to a hawk to hide. However, the reason the Führer has brought me off my Alps in Austria and placed me in French cow country today is because it does occur to me. Because I'm aware what tremendous feats human beings are capable of once they abandon dignity.

What did he mean by this?

Am I the only one that really hated Shoshana in this movie? she was a complete bitch.

Landa's only in the SS because he knows he's good at what he does.
His ego is far larger than any ideology, that's why he switches sides so easily at the end.
Aldo got the last laugh though.

>Family murdered
>Surrounded by their murderers and unable to even say a word or they'll kill you too

he saw through everybody's shit up until the end where he got fooled by a bunch of retarded amerisharts? what a shitty ending.

Like the movie it was great until the first half, the rest was a shit show.

He enjoys having battles of wits with Jews.

So was Hugo Stiglitz a crypto-jew, did he have an issue with Nazis, or was he just a serial killer who happened to be in the right place at the right time killing the right people?

He won though. He got everything he wanted in the end. Sure, his radioman got shot, but I dont think he really cares about that. The swastika carved in his forehead? Nothing a little plastic surgery cant fix. The collapse of the nazi regime and the crushing of nazi ideology? Like he gives a fuck about that. The man is a hardened oppertunist. I think he'll manage to make do.

He would probably join Mossad to hunt down Nazis after the war, dude gave absolutely no fucks at all.

Yeah I'm sure plastic surgery was great in the 1940s

then hed wear a hat and would use his german autism as an excuse to why he never took it off

The inscription on his knife ("My duty is to my honor") may give a clue as to his rebellion.

actually, they could fix a relatively minor cosmetic scar like that with ease. I wont be picture perfect like today, but it will be more than presentable.

it was nothing compared to modern day for sure, but they had skin grafts & stuff like that already

the absolute madman

>When you are so based jews Sieg heil at your funeral.

Yeah, but she was a total cunt to Zoller

>not being pissed of at a representative of a regime that is responsible for killing your family, starting a war and occupying your country

let's not talk about the country of France, they deserved far worse than what they got in WW2.

sure they did. its the 40s not the 15th century. plus he will be in nantucket island, surrounded by high income surgeons.

This, resisting and killing the invader was her patriotic duty.

>The swastika carved in his forehead? Nothing a little plastic surgery cant fix.

Or he could turn swastika into a window

He'd probably work for anyone if they pay him well. The man is the polar opposite of a ideologue.

He never misses a chance to show his intellect, he’s obviously very proud of it and your right, only embraces being the Jew Hunter because he finds it intellectually stimulating, but cashes out when he can.

Zollver may have been a gentleman to her, but he was also a soldier of a regime out to kill her, and one with a high body count at that.

THIS, so much this!!

I loved him as a workaholic parent in Carnage, my favorite jew rapist movie

shoshanna a cute!

It says a lot about christoph waltz that they weren't even going to make the film until he came along

he deserved 100% of the cred he got

She died, didnt she?